Autopsy Smashed the Tigers - Rd 11, 2019

It was the first time in ages that I didn't start manically chewing my finger nails when we got out to a five goal lead.
It was great to see. Even at VFL level, the Tigers fought back, but we eventually kicked away instead of dropping our heads. A welcome change.

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When we got out to a 5 goal lead, we kept going until the gas eventually ran out with two players injured. That was the most pleasing aspect.

Never lost my voice so quickly with the amount of tackles that warranted a free kick. Richmond were absolutely rattled.

Hopper10

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2012
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just home from an amazing Melbourne weekend, 2 games (AFL/VFL) 2 wins. Got to give it to multiple Richmond muppets in my area, they winged all game, bagged Umps and their own players, then starting leaving at 3/4 time. Gave it to them with the oldy but goody nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, Goodbye....... Some younger Nth Boys in front of me were laughing, I told them to not miss an opportunity when there leave 25 minutes early.
Cheers All

Ha two or three that just didn't bounce for him as well, if they;d sat up he was away to hit a leading foward lace out **** high too.
The whole team seemed to finally be attuned to taps to advantage and kicks off the ground if it suited. Big difference from aiming to create stoppages. We are a three or four goal better side with this attitude as are Hawthorn and Richmond.

Love the change to endeavouring to control the advantageous space around the ball rather than the grass.

Houli was the only player given time to think and was rarely offered attacking options.

Loved last nights game. It was the first time in a long time I felt we got our identity back. It was great watching the boys putting their bodies on the line and playing in a spirit that is the epitome of our club. The boys played like the jumper meant something to them. I said this in the Ben Cunnington thread, we have a great team with plenty of talent. Dont fall for the they need to rebuild bs. I know many posters feel the same.

And wasn't it great to see players playing as if the shackles were off and playing on instinct. Brad was stubborn and believed in his game plan but unfortunately the game plan was to have players playing in a robotic style. How good was it to see Jy in a pack in the first qtr using his dancing feet to get out of trouble. If Brad was still coaching, Jy's first instinct would be to handball as the first option and generally it would have been to a flat footed player. I never understood why he just didn't let them play to their strengths. In saying that I am happy that RS is allowing that.
Like both parts of your post. And to add the first part I have never understood the rancour over our trading and drafting in the relevant past. Can't be bothered doing research at this time of night but will post with instinct and crackled memory: Brown at 50-odd. Larkey at 70-odd. The Swans took Florent as the safer option, who I think we would have taken if Simpkin was gone. Simpkin has spades in upside. Ahern deal in return for GWS salary cap easement. Zurhaar in the rookie draft. Vickers, durdin, Dumont. Last year's trade period in starting to talk for itself and will hopefully be talked about as our flag builder.

Roo Beauty

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who was his opponent?? Genuinely shocked
I believe LMac.

I was watching the bench after a goal in the second half and saw Jack Higgins run off and thought to myself… what the *? I literally had no clue he was out there. McDonald may butcher the footy and make poor decisions every now and then but he’s an absolute rock of a defender.

Back