Certified Legendary Thread SMedia: 30 for 30 (30. Ant Bear #601)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's also worth noting that Clarkey stole the idea for the SFA tour from TFW and LeGrille.

Look, while this is true no doubt I do remember how enthusiastic he was when I told him the idea we had. I know most admins don't mind people running with things, me definitely.

I don't think TFW nor LeGrille particularly care, it's just interesting that Clarkey has never given them credit for the idea.

They never wanted it.

Look, while this is true no doubt I do remember how enthusiastic he was when I told him the idea we had. I know most admins don't mind people running with things, me definitely.

It cost LeGrille beez votes.

I don't recall ever claiming the Tour as my idea, people wrongfully just associate it as "my idea" because I made the thread for the first tour after discussions with Filthy. I've always believed it as Filthy's idea but he didn't have the time to do it and asked me to be involved.

Out of curiousity, I've gone back to see where this all came about and it's taken me to a PM between The Filth Wizard and I in late 2016.

TFW mentioned the idea to me in there in among other s**t we were talking about and then we briefly talked about how it would work. Nothing really happened over the next ten days and so I made the thread and asked him to organise the simmer while I organised a team board and we went from there. He then said he was glad I was the one who kicked it off and got it going.

I'm unsure if there are other conversations we've had about it Filthy but yeah, I don't recall claiming credit to owning the idea at all.

Anyway, thanks SM for your media efforts once again and boncer34, croweater 41 and Jack The Godfather for the time and sentiments.

I don't recall ever claiming the Tour as my idea, people wrongfully just associate it as "my idea" because I made the thread for the first tour after discussions with Filthy. I've always believed it as Filthy's idea but he didn't have the time to do it and asked me to be involved.

Out of curiousity, I've gone back to see where this all came about and it's taken me to a PM between The Filth Wizard and I in late 2016.

TFW mentioned the idea to me in there in among other sh*t we were talking about and then we briefly talked about how it would work. Nothing really happened over the next ten days and so I made the thread and asked him to organise the simmer while I organised a team board and we went from there. He then said he was glad I was the one who kicked it off and got it going.

I'm unsure if there are other conversations we've had about it Filthy but yeah, I don't recall claiming credit to owning the idea at all.

Anyway, thanks SM for your media efforts once again and boncer34, croweater 41 and Jack The Godfather for the time and sentiments.

As I posted earlier, you were very enthusiastic about the idea. It ended up being a very important recruitment tool. Funny to think this is four years back now.

Funny to think this is four years back now
This scares me so much.

Tomorrow we'll wake up and it'll be Season 83 and I'll still be here posting s**t media threads and being as arrogant as ever :p.

This scares me so much.

Tomorrow we'll wake up and it'll be Season 83 and I'll still be here posting sh*t media threads and being as arrogant as ever :p.

Do one of these for me in 60 for 60.

Do one of these for me in 60 for 60.
On that.

I think this thread idea by SM is underrated.

My only wish, and it is pretty farfetched, is if it was an audio podcast series. I think that would have been incredible - but also a lot to expect on volunteers who create media for everyone's enjoyment.

On that.

I think this thread idea by SM is underrated.

My only wish, and it is pretty farfetched, is if it was an audio podcast series. I think that would have been incredible - but also a lot to expect on volunteers who create media for everyone's enjoyment.

SM should be really proud of his efforts here, agreed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was tgrs last season who kicked off some pieces on the history of the joint. SM 's series provides lots of different perspectives from folk who have been here a long time. It is interesting, informative and hella funny.

At the completion of the Series I don't think it should disappear on to page 22 of the Main Board. It is actually a useful resource for anyone interested in the history of the joint and the folk who made it possible. I hope a way can be found to keep it as a resource.

#19 - Blacky
1600657065057.png

Hello I’m SM, back for another episode of 30 for 30. Perhaps best known for his work around media threads and disciplinarian work, Blacky is a giant of the league and towers over his peers when it comes to the quick wit and razor sharp posts he displays time and again. A mainstay at the Gold City Royals, Blacky has played over 180 games, kicking 365 goals in the process.

Off the field is where Blacky’s real accolades lie, with 5 All-SFA jackets and a Beez win to affirm his place in the league. A future Hall of Fame entry is without a doubt on the horizon.

What brought Blacky to the league in the first place?

1600657068763.png

Blacky: bgt2110 invited me to the league and suggested the royals. I knew nothing about the league but as soon as I declared that I would join the Royals it became apparent that they had lacked any modicum of success, but I thought that given the league was based on a random sim that their time would come.

I was an idiot.

1600657074602.png

Kennedy Parker: I liked that time he made the entire Royals team co-captains so he can demand The Filth Wizard step down as admin.

1600657267920.png

The Filth Wizard: It's probably a bit of a cheat but Blacky is one of those posters you simply can't rank their material because he has always maintained the same level of high quality stuff. He's an all time top 5 poster IMO and I always looked forward to playing against him because I knew I was going to have to work hard. Being his teammate hasn't lessened that effort.

1600657081134.png

Marlowe: Nothing really stands out. But that's on me. Mostly. Maybe a little on him. But mostly me. To be honest, Blacky's accession almost directly parallels my decline. His best work happened when I was captain and inactive or retired.

My biggest memory of Blacky surrounds signing him. I didn't do it. I don't know who did, actually. My memory is he just seemed to pop up out of nowhere and sign himself through the sign-up thread. I remember doubting how good this guy with the Broncos avatar would be (before the Val Kilmer avatar I remember he had a Von Miller avatar or some random Denver Bronco). No offense, but sign-up rookies are usually duds, I prefer to avoid them. We needed to sign someone though, we were very unhealthily selective as a club back then. Blacky had a lot of pep, I'll give him that, he seemed like he had the potential to be a real good club guy but I'd be lying if I said I foresaw superstardom in his future.

I wish I had better, more specific memories of Blacky (memories of him beyond him being the only active Royal at a time when we only had one - spoiler: it was him). I feel like an estranged father. Not even, because I'm not his dad - I'm more like his deadbeat uncle or deadbeat dad's friend, showing up years later after he's pulled himself up and risen to the top only for me to enter back into his life and ask for a few bucks.

Blacky singles out a media piece that draws his attention more than most.

Blacky: Scandal is the best media thread ever. The peak of the Boys Club v Bombers was fun too before people started to believe the conspiracy theories.

Kennedy Parker: In terms of media Blacky has produced, the Jum Matrix was good.

Despite having a Beez award, Blacky prefers the recognition for his on field efforts.

Blacky: My most significant accolade is probably the All-SFAs.

Blacky has considered leaving the Royals, but is sure they would win a flag as soon as he did so.

Blacky: I have entertained the idea, but I am petrified that if I leave they’ll win a flag. So sorry Royals you’re stuck with me.

Kennedy Parker: I'd like to pre-emptively congratulate Blacky on playing his 500th game for the Gold City Royals.

Marlowe: The year is 4076. Blacky's consciousness exists in a cloud storage program, his lives only in various computer simulations of real world possibilities. He is still a Royal though.

The Filth Wizard: I don't see Blacky leaving the Royals ever but let's go with the flag story. He might retire when we've won three.

And given their form this season, a flag certainly isn’t out of the question..

Any closing thoughts from his peers?

Kennedy Parker: Actually I might just leave this here with no added context.

1600657104789.png

Kennedy Parker: Oh sorry SM, I just remembered that Blacky is a massive Dean Towers hater. Please redact everything positive I've said about him.

1600657110856.png

Noobz0r: Posters like Blacky are in short supply.

The Filth Wizard: I think Blacky is an eventual HOF shoo-in. He is often underrated across the Sweet FA for his mod work. I always look back fondly on our work together there especially when I was admin as we were able to really facilitate some big stories of the day.

This has been another 30 for 30 production, I’m SM. Tune in next Monday as the series shifts to weekly episodes in the run in to the end of the season!

#20 - The Injury Factory
1601256477303.png

Hello I’m SM, back for another episode of 30 for 30. The reigning Beez Medallist is an integral part of the league. The Injury Factory not only dazzles us with countless iterations of Ross Lyon memes, but he is also a hard worker behind the scenes, working on graphics for numerous events in the league and helping everything run smoothly.

While he has just the 72 games played for The Coney Island Warriors, TIF is already cementing himself as a giant of the league. 3 All-SFA jackets is testament to this, as well as the aforementioned Beez Medal, which came after 2 previous top 5 finishes.

We have Wooshette to thank for bringing TIF to the league.

1601256484460.png

@The Injury Factory: I was plucked out of obscurity by Woosh a couple of years back now, so it was more a case of the SFA discovering me I guess. It probably took me a season to get my feel for the joint, but I've found my niche since then and haven't really looked back. It's the competition that brings me back, that and all the shitfights.

TIF’s love affair with Ross Lyon is always a curious subject.

The Injury Factory: I like to think I am Ross's human side. I feel as though I am slowly rehabilitating his image, one meme at a time.

It's all about the hearts and minds for me mate. I genuinely feel like SFA posters now see his smiling mug or some zany antics and think, 'you know, that bloke's ok, he looks like a fun guy.'

1601256493177.png

manangatang: I’ve been waiting for an evolution to another target from him, but I guess Ross has provided a rich vein of content to work with.

1601256500797.png

The Jesus: An excellent way to highlight his shoop skills and Ross has a face for every occasion

A humble player who discounts his Beez achievement when considering his impact on the league.

The Injury Factory: It's pretty hard to go past an 8th placed finish in the Rising Star.

I mean, that's pretty rarefied air isn't it? I guess becoming skipper here at Coney Island ranks pretty highly for me. 3 All-SFA selections is pretty good sh*t too. I'm probably forgetting something here... nah, that's it.

Manangatang: I reckon he loves the All-SFA roles he’s got, as well as the stuff he’s less officially rewarded for, like his role in helping to drive the return of State of Origin.

The Jesus: I think the way he's turned the Warriors around is one of the greatest achievements in my time in the league.

1601256510000.png

The Filth Wizard: There is no doubt the crowning glory in this league is a beez win, it's impossible to underrate the significance of it. TIF won his in a time where so much incredible material was coming out by a few posters that some people were really going to be let down by not sharing that prize. He should always be proudest of this. His greatest strength is his knack for graphic work and I'm sure he knows this but there is nobody in the league that can polish a turd better than TIF - with so much content it's not normally going to be a winner but he presents things so incredibly that we all eat it with a spoon. Saying that when he researches f*** me look out... that Santoz exposed thread was simplicity and genius rolled into one.

A premiership at the Warriors is in TIF’s sights, as he doesn’t contemplate leaving the club.

The Injury Factory: Early doors I probably gave it a little bit of thought, had a few PMs roll in, but I never seriously considered it. I've felt at home here from the very start, and now to lead the club, with us having rebuilt the place into one of the powerhouses of the competition, I like the idea of being a one club player the longer I go around.

I'd like to pick up a Frankie or two before my time's up, but most importantly, I'd love to lead this club to our first Sweet FA premiership, so I honestly can't see myself going anywhere soon, I've got too much unfinished business here at Van Cortlandt.

Manangatang: I reckon he’ll have a very long career at the Warriors. And tbh I don’t think he’d have it any other way.

The Filth Wizard: Will be at Coney Island for at least a season longer than pants will be that's for sure, no way the latter is ever winning a flag.

Where does his inspiration come from for his graphics work and media pieces?

The Injury Factory: It's my point of difference I guess, what I bring to the comp.

As far as media goes, I just try to add to the league where I can and where I feel inspired. It's not always the sharpest gear but I like to think it all adds to the narrative.

Graphics wise, I just reckon the look and feel of the league is far better with a bit of slick presentation and some decent graphics. Sometimes, it's even better with shithouse graphics, but that's probably the domain of others, and I guess that's what they bring. There's a lot of great proponents of that, I'm just one of many.

The visual aspect of the league is an important element of the Sweet FA for mine. Plus I like turning quips into memes for lulz.

Manangatang: I was a big fan of his recent expose of the veteran rookie Santoz. Was a nice venture into news-breaking for the big fella and it hit its mark.

The Jesus: Nobody does high effort for low yield media like TIF. Terry Tuff campaigner and Spudcoach stand out as threads that should have gotten more traction than they did. Tough in a league where the average attention span is as long as my penis and the constituents are twice as thick

Lasting words from TIF were for posters who struggle in match threads.

The Injury Factory: People who can't carry a thread. For fu**'s sake entertain me, campaigners.

This has been another 30 for 30 production, I’m SM.

View attachment 972338

Hello I’m SM, back for another episode of 30 for 30. The reigning Beez Medallist is an integral part of the league. The Injury Factory not only dazzles us with countless iterations of Ross Lyon memes, but he is also a hard worker behind the scenes, working on graphics for numerous events in the league and helping everything run smoothly.

While he has just the 72 games played for The Coney Island Warriors, TIF is already cementing himself as a giant of the league. 3 All-SFA jackets is testament to this, as well as the aforementioned Beez Medal, which came after 2 previous top 5 finishes.

We have Wooshette to thank for bringing TIF to the league.

View attachment 972339

@The Injury Factory: I was plucked out of obscurity by Woosh a couple of years back now, so it was more a case of the SFA discovering me I guess. It probably took me a season to get my feel for the joint, but I've found my niche since then and haven't really looked back. It's the competition that brings me back, that and all the shitfights.

TIF’s love affair with Ross Lyon is always a curious subject.

The Injury Factory: I like to think I am Ross's human side. I feel as though I am slowly rehabilitating his image, one meme at a time.

It's all about the hearts and minds for me mate. I genuinely feel like SFA posters now see his smiling mug or some zany antics and think, 'you know, that bloke's ok, he looks like a fun guy.'

View attachment 972340

manangatang: I’ve been waiting for an evolution to another target from him, but I guess Ross has provided a rich vein of content to work with.

View attachment 972341

The Jesus: An excellent way to highlight his shoop skills and Ross has a face for every occasion

A humble player who discounts his Beez achievement when considering his impact on the league.

The Injury Factory: It's pretty hard to go past an 8th placed finish in the Rising Star.

I mean, that's pretty rarefied air isn't it? I guess becoming skipper here at Coney Island ranks pretty highly for me. 3 All-SFA selections is pretty good sh*t too. I'm probably forgetting something here... nah, that's it.

Manangatang: I reckon he loves the All-SFA roles he’s got, as well as the stuff he’s less officially rewarded for, like his role in helping to drive the return of State of Origin.

The Jesus: I think the way he's turned the Warriors around is one of the greatest achievements in my time in the league.

View attachment 972342

The Filth Wizard: There is no doubt the crowning glory in this league is a beez win, it's impossible to underrate the significance of it. TIF won his in a time where so much incredible material was coming out by a few posters that some people were really going to be let down by not sharing that prize. He should always be proudest of this. His greatest strength is his knack for graphic work and I'm sure he knows this but there is nobody in the league that can polish a turd better than TIF - with so much content it's not normally going to be a winner but he presents things so incredibly that we all eat it with a spoon. Saying that when he researches f*** me look out... that Santoz exposed thread was simplicity and genius rolled into one.

A premiership at the Warriors is in TIF’s sights, as he doesn’t contemplate leaving the club.

The Injury Factory: Early doors I probably gave it a little bit of thought, had a few PMs roll in, but I never seriously considered it. I've felt at home here from the very start, and now to lead the club, with us having rebuilt the place into one of the powerhouses of the competition, I like the idea of being a one club player the longer I go around.

I'd like to pick up a Frankie or two before my time's up, but most importantly, I'd love to lead this club to our first Sweet FA premiership, so I honestly can't see myself going anywhere soon, I've got too much unfinished business here at Van Cortlandt.

Manangatang: I reckon he’ll have a very long career at the Warriors. And tbh I don’t think he’d have it any other way.

The Filth Wizard: Will be at Coney Island for at least a season longer than pants will be that's for sure, no way the latter is ever winning a flag.

Where does his inspiration come from for his graphics work and media pieces?

The Injury Factory: It's my point of difference I guess, what I bring to the comp.

As far as media goes, I just try to add to the league where I can and where I feel inspired. It's not always the sharpest gear but I like to think it all adds to the narrative.

Graphics wise, I just reckon the look and feel of the league is far better with a bit of slick presentation and some decent graphics. Sometimes, it's even better with shithouse graphics, but that's probably the domain of others, and I guess that's what they bring. There's a lot of great proponents of that, I'm just one of many.

The visual aspect of the league is an important element of the Sweet FA for mine. Plus I like turning quips into memes for lulz.

Manangatang: I was a big fan of his recent expose of the veteran rookie Santoz. Was a nice venture into news-breaking for the big fella and it hit its mark.

The Jesus: Nobody does high effort for low yield media like TIF. Terry Tuff campaigner and Spudcoach stand out as threads that should have gotten more traction than they did. Tough in a league where the average attention span is as long as my penis and the constituents are twice as thick

Lasting words from TIF were for posters who struggle in match threads.

The Injury Factory: People who can't carry a thread. For fu**'s sake entertain me, campaigners.

Cheers SM love this media, and big hugs to my boys The Jesus, manangatang and The Filth Wizard :thumbsu:

If I'm not mistaken, the inclusion of The Jesus is the first mention of a current Hawk other than the author.
And I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Completely unintentional too and not something I'd considered until you said that.

#21 - Noobz0r
1601858544974.png

Hello I’m SM, back for another episode of 30 for 30. My next feature in the series is a man who many in the league know well from his prolific and voluminous media pieces, as well as his efforts on the field for a number of clubs. Noobz0r has kitted up for over 250 games across his career, winning one flag in that time, 3 All-SFA guernseys, and a joint Mobbs medal with Doctor Colossus.

Noobz was brought to the league back in the day by the league boss himself.

1601858550925.png

Noobz0r: I was on the Fitzroy board asking a question about their amateur side, and Mobbs asked me if I'd heard of the Swamprats (as I was Port poster and this was at the tail-end of S15). I had a look, joined the Rats, and never looked back. Honestly, I keep coming back because I get pretty bored at work. I also really enjoy being a bit of an arrogant campaigner who goes hard at people, as this is very different to my RL personality. It's a good outlet for me.

1601858557738.png

MannumPower: I don’t pay much attention to media threads unless I’ve been tagged match threads and werewolf is where I am. It doesn’t surprise me that he enjoyed his time under me back then. We managed to bring the swamp rats back our playing list was majority port supporters with some original members and new recruits who were extremely active. The name spamrats was coined back then as we brought a lot of banter into match threads much to the dislike of many. But we had great activity levels and an enjoyment of bantering so it really was a fun and memorable time back then.

Noobz0r has been prolific with his media threads, and was one of the first to bring to light the back-and-forth between the Boys Club and the so-coined “Sickly Family”. He also enjoyed some of his other media pieces.

Noobz0r: Unfortunately I can't claim being the person who coined the Sickly Family label. I think The Filth Wizard coined it in the chat. I really do enjoy some creative streams of consciousness, and find it really hard to narrow down a favourite. Most of my Haro pieces were a lot of fun. If I had to pick one it would probably be the piece about captains that BRAB used to start #Storm. Great times.

1601858579030.png

The Filth Wizard: Hmm, Sick Family may have been me and if he says it was it was, but he did more with it than I ever could. As far as shitstorms go I cannot go past the Rats walkout to join the Dragons for S19. It unified us forever but not only that, it led to a big recovery for two clubs in the Dragons and the Rats for polarising reasons. Both clubs were in a bit, not great but a bit, of trouble at the time.

1601858583758.png

brahj: Noobz has a special gift, in that most threads he writes descend into shitfights. It’s glorious.

He enjoys the admiration he has received for his media pieces.

Noobz0r: Honestly, from memory I've been voted the best media performer in the mid and end of season surveys a few times. Given my favourite part, and greatest strength, of the SFA is my media that was the one that meant to most. Mobbs is very much an overrated award because it's out of posters' control. I didn't do anything outside of laugh at Millky95 trying to sh*t Ant Bear by keeping me in RR when I didn't deserve it. The flag was great, but I was inactive in the back-end of that season and didn't appreciate it as much as I would now.

Noobz’s Mobbs medal was just the fourth time it was shared between two players.

Noobz0r: I feel great about sharing it given how far behind I was with 3 rounds to play. It was pants' to lose, and he almost did.

His peers however don’t believe he has it in him to win a Beez.

Brahj: Noobz win a Beez? Lol no.

1601858589890.png

miggs: IT IS NOT HAPPENING.

1601858595284.png

Blacky: Theoretically he could if he got his sh*t together for a whole season, but he doesn’t play the game enough to win the hearts of the average medical Mongolian.

The Filth Wizard: Unfortunately not and for a good reason, he won't ever please enough people consistently in a season to manage it and I don't think he wants to.

Despite everything, Noobz has a general appreciation for the league.

Noobz0r: Nothing annoys me too much here, even if I sometimes make it look like it does. In general, I get most annoyed by people who carry grudges. There are a few on here that refuse to engage with me because I have gone hard at them in the past. Every day is a new day, and every thread is a new thread. No need to ignore me just because I've bested you previously.

Having been a prolific poster to date, is Noobz a shoo in for the Hall of Fame?

1601858601025.png

Rodney Dangerfield: Didn’t even know there was a hall of fame, is there really?
Chuck him in if there is.

Miggs: Closest he will get is tied to a pole out the front of the HOF

Noobz0r: I'd need a couple more All-SFAs, though a couple of inductees got in based on games tally alone. So I think I stack up. As always, contribution to the league via media and general posting isn't really given the recognition it deserves.

His peers also offered some general thoughts and advice relating to the man himself.

Miggs: When it’s time to pay the tab at dinner, His phone lights up more than his ankle does every time he walks past a playground

Blacky: Don’t take him to your local if you ever want to show your face in there again. You send him up to the bar to get beers and he comes back with an assault charge

Brahj: Ok.

RodneyDangerfield: He’s the Kate Fischer of the Sweet FA he’ll let anybody fu** him if it gets him somewhere. He loved a musings thread and a list with himself on top. He also would never beat me in a marathon.

He’s a good egg Noobz even if he sounds like Kermit the frog on podcasts.

MannumPower: He defriended me on Facebook (true story) because I have a better hairline than him

1601858605875.png

Elton Johns Wig: Serious hat on for a minute. I enjoy my PM with him more than any other poster in the SFA. Genuine like and admiration for him.

The Filth Wizard: I think we've spent about 9 or 10 seasons together now, across three clubs so it's hard to ever remember a time when we've been on opposing sides. I remember his brief run at the Gumbies being a bit of a lull and then when I announced him as a Hawks recruit one night against his wishes it only took a season for him to return.

One thing I'll close on is he's loyal, he loves the "story", he's turned on by a verbal evisceration and he's one of the better people you can meet in this place.

I also really enjoy being a bit of an arrogant campaigner who goes hard at people
Noobz0r I'd always thought this as well which is why I was really conflicted that time you took some of my comments poorly. A bit of a learning experience for us both there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back