Smith's kick

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice post Todman.

Smithy busted his gut to beat his man inside our 50 to create the opportunity.

Busts his gut every game, fantastic player and bloke, games go for 120 minutes, lots of skill errors in that time, one just happened to be after the siren.

Gonna go for a 20 km run and then have a shot at goal from 35 metres with 87,000 people going nuts and see how I go, expect I'll either be a puddle or leave a puddle

"But keep your chin up mate, and let's get in to next week." - Clarko on Smith.

Damn right. We move forward after learning what we should have done better. Time to hunt some feral dogs now.

Smith should have kicked it but he isn't solely to blame. Plenty of other opportunities missed throughout the night, silly frees, 50's, turnovers etc. As a group the players take collective blame.

Coulda. Shoulda. Woulda. It's history. Learn from mistakes, improve and turn up ready to pounce on the puppies.

Very costly miss in regards to us winning a 4th straight premiership regardless of wether people like to admit it or not.

You can only deal with what's happening. Where's the guarantee of a 4th flag had Smith kicked it? This week we have the Bulldogs, that's all we can focus on. If we win, we move on from there. That's all that matters.

On the TV it looked like Smith did everything right. Just one of those kicks that looks and feels great off the boot and then just tilts off axis, like it had a mind of it's own. I swear this Geelong-Hawks rivalry could turn you religious sometimes.

If anyone has the outlook to put this behind them quickly it's Izzy. There's a game to be won on Friday.

You can only deal with what's happening. Where's the guarantee of a 4th flag had Smith kicked it? This week we have the Bulldogs, that's all we can focus on. If we win, we move on from there. That's all that matters.

No guarantee of course but as I said pre Friday a win has our flag chances at about 35-40 % and a loss has them at about 15%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great Thread.
It would have been a great moment if he had of kicked the goal and we had won, but it wasn't Smiths
fault we lost and blame should not be placed on him.
Anyways we are still alive and in this, so we move on and focus on what has to be done.
Go Hawks!

Very costly miss in regards to us winning a 4th straight premiership regardless of wether people like to admit it or not.

We had 10 other opportunities to kick goals that also missed. Where do they fit in your thoughts? More or less important?
What about the turnovers that led to Geelong goals? Frawley? Birchall?

Its never just about one miss mate.

The kick was missable, if Smith was only 20 metres out straight in front then thats a different story.
Having said that it wasn't one of his better kicks but I was confident with the ball in his hands.

Smith gave everything in that game. Run his absolute arse off. The effort to break free from his man to even set up that opportunity when Geelong had full numbers back was amazing in itself.

Unfortunately just had absolutely nothing left in the tank at that point. This is a bloke who can kick a high pressure 60m set shot when he fancies it ala 2013 GF. His kick barely traveled 40 metres and he had to throw everything at it. Just wasn't meant to be.

No guarantee of course but as I said pre Friday a win has our flag chances at about 35-40 % and a loss has them at about 15%.

I guess where we differ is our flag "chances" are still greater than West Coast or North Melbourne. We play whoever is put up to us, and we go from there. Basically, nothing has changed. At the start of the finals, we had 3 games to win. We still have 3 games to win.

Just to have a different take on it,
I think the runner told him "less than 1 minute" to loose this game so we can play unsociable footy for an extra week & realy enjoy watching the cats squirm when the boys run out at the G on GF day.

Just to have a different take on it,
I think the runner told him "less than 1 minute" to loose this game so we can play unsociable footy for an extra week & realy enjoy watching the cats squirm when the boys run out at the G on GF day.

You know thats wrong, but something in the back of your mind says it could be true

Remove this Banner Ad

Back