Smokin Joe

• Thread starter PC28
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

P

PC28

Could anyone else see him in a Bulldog jumper next year? I think he'd be worth going for...

Originally posted by PC28
Could anyone else see him in a Bulldog jumper next year? I think he'd be worth going for...
We would probably have to give up to much for him considering he is a similar player to Westy and of a similar age Im not sure it would be worth it.If we can get him cheap though why not?:eek:

i reckon Misiti could go cheap. They have to get rid of him for salary cap reasons. wopuld prefer something to losing him for nothing in the draft. As for West or Misiti, surely that question was 'tongue in cheek'. ;)

Originally posted by sigscotty
As for West or Misiti, surely that question was 'tongue in cheek'. ;)

:D

As if i would cross your path today!!

Absolute gun player, who would slot into our midfield perfectly -- i.e. Forget about him crossing to us :D

But seriously, superb player, ball magnet, brilliant work ethic, hard at it -- only drawback is that he's slow (and we know Terry's thoughts on that) -- But I reckon if there's quality there for the taking, and it aint gonna cost an arm and a leg - take it! He would slot straight into our top 6, and will realistically be at the club for just as long as West, Johnson, Darcy and Grant will be.

Despite his talent though, there still seems to be a little bit of "ho-hum" about clubs being keen on him, which has bloody suprised me. If he was 25, everyone would be lining up with $500,000 offers etc.... what a difference two years makes, eh?

Given all the lower clubs disintrest in trading for him, our first round draft pick (#10) would probably be enough -- Mercuri would go even cheaper -- maybe he's worth a punt instead? hmmm. Personally, I reckon Smokin' Joe would be of far more value to us.

What I'm worried about though, is the similarity between this and the Olerenshaw/Calthorpe situation a few years back -- both highly regarded and traded heavily for, yet did absolutely jack shlt as soon as they stepped outside the Essendon environment. Tough choice either way we go on this one.

This is my first post on this forum. Have almost given up on the Dogs forum! I do recognise most of your names from there so it is good to have somewhere new to discuss Bully issues without stress!!

Is Misiti really the type we need when we have deficiencies in so many other areas. I'm not convinced about Bandy either. I'd rather we had a shot at Croad and McPharlin. These two for Scott West (assuming he wants to or has to go) would be a tempting thought.

Originally posted by The Doctor

Is Misiti really the type we need when we have deficiencies in so many other areas. I'm not convinced about Bandy either. I'd rather we had a shot at Croad and McPharlin. These two for Scott West (assuming he wants to or has to go) would be a tempting thought.

If we were to absolutely gutter our midfield by trading West, Misiti would then become a must get.

I would like to get Croad - but not for West.... he's just too important. Just like I would love to get Misiti -- but not at the cost of a potential gun (who'll play for another 10 years) in a first round pick, in one of the strongest drafts ever.

I know we have (too many) deficiencies, but suring up our midfield with another class, star player who can actually go in and get the bloody thing (unlike all of our youngsters who, as promising as they are, seem more suited to the wings/flanks as opposed to on the ball) is so bloody hard to resist.

Maybe it'll come down to the last day of the trading period, every club will have baulked at his asking price, with Misiti dead against playing for Essendon again after being offered as bait so easily, and we might get him with a bargain basement swap. We live in hope.

PS: Welcome to Bigfooty. :)

I am with Westy Boy. Misiti would be great. And i think it does address a weakness. misiti is not a small midfielder.

Welcome Doc. :D

I think that Misiti or Croad would be good for us. Croad has a great leap, but again, i agree, they're not worth giving up West, but it is apparent that we have to give up good, to get good.

Welcome Doc, im PC28, resident clown/load mouth/***** stirer. But if you've read the Bulldogs Forum, you'll know that already :D

Originally posted by Westy_Boy
Absolute gun player, who would slot into our midfield perfectly -- i.e. Forget about him crossing to us :D

But seriously, superb player, ball magnet, brilliant work ethic, hard at it -- only drawback is that he's slow (and we know Terry's thoughts on that) -- But I reckon if there's quality there for the taking, and it aint gonna cost an arm and a leg - take it! He would slot straight into our top 6, and will realistically be at the club for just as long as West, Johnson, Darcy and Grant will be.

Despite his talent though, there still seems to be a little bit of "ho-hum" about clubs being keen on him, which has bloody suprised me. If he was 25, everyone would be lining up with $500,000 offers etc.... what a difference two years makes, eh?

Given all the lower clubs disintrest in trading for him, our first round draft pick (#10) would probably be enough -- Mercuri would go even cheaper -- maybe he's worth a punt instead? hmmm. Personally, I reckon Smokin' Joe would be of far more value to us.

What I'm worried about though, is the similarity between this and the Olerenshaw/Calthorpe situation a few years back -- both highly regarded and traded heavily for, yet did absolutely jack shlt as soon as they stepped outside the Essendon environment. Tough choice either way we go on this one.
You can add Barry Young to that list of players who have turned to sh*t after leaving essendon.:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back