Draft Watcher Smythe's 2021 Draft Thread - Full Phantom with pick swaps post #295

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
PHANTOM PREDICTION WITH PICK SWAPS

ROUND 1

1 - :north:- JASON HORNE-FRANCIS

GWS TRADE PICK 2 AND FUTURE 1ST AND 2ND, TO HAWKS FOR 5, 21 AND FUTURE 1ST

2 - :collingwood: - NICK DAICOS - HAWKS BID - COLL MATCH
3 - :bulldogs:- SAM DARCY - HAWKS BID - WB MATCH
(WB do a deal with Bris trading out pick 23* (which would now be 25) and future 2nd, 3rd + 4th for Bris future 1st, 43 and 62, WB maximise pick 25 and bris gain points for next year and utilise the pick they would lose next year for nothing into getting points for the bids next year and pick 25 this year.
4 - :hawthorn: - FINN CALLAGHAN
Hawks get the man they wanted
5 - :goldcoast: - NEIL ERASMUS
6 - :adelaide: - MATT JOHNSON
They like Rachele but this is too high, without a viable swap they will keep this pick. They are keen on a taller mid with inside and outside skills BUT also composure which puts Johnson in the frame
7 - :gws:- MAC ANDREW
8 - :freo: - JYE AMISS
Erasmus is gone and FWD line needs filling, they take Amiss here before either of WCE, Rich or Ess get the chance to think about it
9 - :richmond: - BEN HOBBS
They have liked Hobbs for a while, with plenty of outside runners available on their list, a bull, a grunt, a clearance machine is what they need to feed the ball out
10 - :gws: - JOSH GIBCUS (GWS TRADE 15 + 21 TO FREO FOR 10, 61 AND 69)
Gws get both of their men and keep points for a Fahey bid match
11 - :brisbane: - JOSH SINN (BRIS GIVE STK 16 + 20 FOR 11 + 2022 3RD)
(Brisbane like Sinn and he will not last till their pick with Essendon also keen, so the swap was done to get their man)
12 - :westcoast: - JOSH GOATER
Tall mid with a high ceiling fits the bill here, they have mids to deliver the ball I50 once Josh bursts away from the pack and gives them the ball
13 - :essendon: - JOSH RACHELE
With Goater and Sinn gone, Ess like Rachele as he is a very good small forward who applies tackle pressure and can be a game changer off his own boot, Ward is a consideration but do they need another small mid. Could Knevitt go this high?.......possibly.
14 - :port: - ARLO DRAPER
15 - :freo: - NASAIAH WANGANEEN-MILERA
16 - :stkilda: - JOSH WARD
With the want to stay in VIC, i can see Ward going here to STK, its not really a slide as in between Callaghan at 4 and Hobbs at 9, Ess is the only other VIC club with a pick and they do not need another smaller mid, Rachele projects as more of a small fwd at AFL level who could drift into the middle. Ward would be a good fit here at STK. Can an interstate team talk him around though.....if so, he should go earlier up the order
17 - :richmond: - JACOB VAN ROOYEN
18 - :sydney: - MITCH KNEVITT
A tall ball winning mid who is not slow, has good athletic traits and a big potential upside, i cant see him getting past Syd here especially with that area of need, **will he get to this pick though??
19 - :melbourne: - CAMPBELL CHESSER
20 - :stkilda: - SAM BUTLER
Wilmot is in consideration but Butler suits a need after booting Lonie aside in the delistings and they have already got their mid with WARD earlier. Will they go a defender here though??

ROUND 2

21 - :port: - LEEK ALLEER (FREO GIVE 21 TO PORT FOR 2022 1ST)
Freo maximise this picks value, Port get a young backman with extreme athletic ability and huge upside to fill a hole in the def left by Hartlett and Lienert
22 - :north: - RHETT BAZZO
23 - :freo: - MATTY ROBERTS
24 - :geelong: - TOM BROWN
25 - :brisbane: - DARCY WILMOT (BRIS GIVE WB 2022 1ST, 43 + 62 FOR 25 AND 2022 2ND, 3RD + 4TH)
Wilmot is another that Bris like and he would suit their style of play, and they gain points for next year to match Ashcroft and Fletcher bids at the same time WB get extra points for Darcy bid and dont get 25 wiped away for nothing **this bid gets done early before the Darcy Bid, maybe even before the night starts...see above at Darcy Bid.
26 - :richmond: - JUDSON CLARKE (RICH GIVE HAWKS 28,29,30 FOR 26 AND 2022 2ND)
A small forward who tackles hard and pressures well but also kicks goals, they like Clarke and would want to pounce before Carl or Haw got him first, and they also score another early 2nd rounder in the bank for 2022
27 - :carlton: - JESSE MOTLOP
28 - :hawthorn: - TYLER SONSIE
29 - :hawthorn: - BLAKE HOWES
30 - :hawthorn: - NED LONG
31 - :stkilda: - MITCH OWENS - WCE BID - STK MATCH
32 - :westcoast:- CONNOR MACDONALD
33 - :geelong: - LACHLAN RANKIN
34 - :sydney: - COREY WARNER
35 - :gws: - JOSH FAHEY - GEEL BID - GWS MATCH
36 - :geelong: - TOBY CONWAY
37 - :adelaide: - COOPER MURLEY
38 - :richmond: - ZAC TAYLOR (Rich give its own 2022 2nd to Geel for 38)
39 - :westcoast:- ANGUS SHELDRICK
40 - :melbourne: - LEWIS RAYSON
Sure you're not a Hawks fan?

Don't like that from a Richmond perspective at all. Keep our picks and take Gibcus, Butler, Sonsie, Howes and Murley and we've killed it.

Sure you're not a Hawks fan?

Don't like that from a Richmond perspective at all. Keep our picks and take Gibcus, Butler, Sonsie, Howes and Murley and we've killed it.
If Gibcus makes it to Richmonds first pick he would come into consideration, but not top priority or best available, as for Butler and Sonsie I don’t think Richmond are interested, Howes they like, and Murley would be a great get for anyone.

IMO, and i share this opinion with others, Butler does not have great disposal and Sonsie is a one way runner with injury history, granted they can both be fixed but there would be much better options out there who they have said, chase, tackle, pressure and have sound disposal and decision making skills with a look to getting a ball winning mid then getting players to develop in areas of need, that being a young KPF and possibly a defender.

So you don't think Richmond should be interested.

We're going mids is what I heard.
As I mentioned earlier if Gibcus (you were pointing out) was there at our first he would come into consideration but would not be best available or top priority……to simplify, they want a mid and they like Hobbs, with that second pick it will be best available or developable KPP, they want to rejuvenate the spine and have it solid enough for in a few years time.
They have brought in Tarrant not only for coverage but to help teach Miller to take over from him, they need another young def and at the same time they need a kpf to groom to take over from Jack, currently….no one, it was going to be CC’j, nyuon is coming along nicely down back as an intercepting def in the grimes mold, so the priority is Kpf, and ball winning mids.
They have a plethora of outside and balanced mids but need a clearance winning bull to work alongside rcd in extracting the ball.
Sonsie can do that, but is a one way runner.
Butler, whilst he is a mid/fwd, that role is similar to titch edwards, and that player needs pure skills and decision making with effective ball use, butler does not have that, he is more of a very quick ball winner but blasts away.
Richmond could be interested in them, and I’m not saying they shouldn’t be, but I don’t see, given their recent recruiting process, why they would be.

Last edited:
As I mentioned earlier if Gibcus (you were pointing out) was there at our first he would come into consideration but would not be best available or top priority……to simplify, they want a mid and they like Hobbs, with that second pick it will be best available or developable KPP, they want to rejuvenate the spine and have it solid enough for in a few years time.
They have brought in Tarrant not only for coverage but to help teach Miller to take over from him, they need another young def and at the same time they need a kpf to groom to take over from Jack, currently….no one, it was going to be CC’j, nyuon is coming along nicely down back as an intercepting def in the grimes mold, so the priority is Kpf, and ball winning mids.
They have a plethora of outside and balanced mids but need a clearance winning bull to work alongside rcd in extracting the ball.
Sonsie can do that, but is a one way runner.
Butler, whilst he is a mid/fwd, that role is similar to titch edwards, and that player needs pure skills and decision making with effective ball use, butler does not have that, he is more of a very quick ball winner but blasts away.
Richmond could be interested in them, and I’m not saying they shouldn’t be, but I don’t see, given their recent recruiting process, why they would be.
Hobbs
Van Rooyen
Taylor
Macdonald
Howes

NOVEMBER TOP 40
#PLAYERPOSSTATE
1JASON HORNE-FRANCISMID/FWDSA
2NICK DAICOS (COLL F/S)MIDVIC
3FINN CALLAGHANMIDVIC
4SAM DARCY (WB F/S)R/FWDVIC
5JOSH WARDMIDVIC
6BEN HOBBSMIDVIC
7NEIL ERASMUSMID/FWDWA
8JYE AMISSFWDWA
9MAC ANDREW (MELB NGA)UTILITYVIC
10JOSH GIBCUSDEFVIC
11NASAIAH WANGANEEN-MILERAWING/FWDSA
12MATT JOHNSONMIDWA
13JOSH GOATERMID/FWDVIC
14JOSH SINNDEF/MIDVIC
15JOSH RACHELEFWD/MIDVIC
16ARLO DRAPERUTILITYSA
17CAMPBELL CHESSERDEF/MIDVIC
18DARCY WILMOTDEF/MIDVIC
19JACOB VAN ROOYENFWD/DEFWA
20MITCH KNEVITTMIDVIC
21JOSH FAHEY (GWS ACADEMY)DEFNSW
22ZAC TAYLORFWD/MIDVIC
23SAM BUTLERFWD/MIDVIC
24MITCH OWENS (STK NGA)MID/FWDVIC
25TYLER SONSIEMID/FWDVIC
26MATT ROBERTSMID/FWDSA
27TOM BROWNDEF/WINGVIC
28RHETT BAZZODEF/FWDWA
29JUDSON CLARKEFWDVIC
30JESSE MOTLOP (FREO METRO NGA)FWDWA
31COOPER MURLEYDEF/MIDSA
32NED LONGMID/FWDVIC
33BLAKE HOWESWING/FWDVIC
34LEEK ALLEERDEFSA
35LEWIS RAYSONDEF/MIDSA
36LACHLAN RANKINFWDVIC
37JACK WILLIAMSFWDWA
38CONNOR MACDONALDMIDVIC
39BRODY HOUGHUTILITYWA
40ANGUS SHELDRICKMIDWA

PHANTOM DRAFT PREDICTION #2 WITH PICK SWAPPING
ANOTHER VERSION WITH DIFFERENT PICK SWAP IDEAS

ROUND ONE
1- :north: - HORNE FRANCIS
ADEL GIVE GWS PICK 4*(CURRENTLY) AND FUTURE FIRST FOR PICK 2 AND FUTURE FIRST
NO BRAINER, GIVE THE KID HIS NAB PORTFOLIO ALREADY
2 - :collingwood: - DAICOS (ADEL BID)
WB - TRADE 23*(CURRENTLY) AND FUTURE 2ND TO GEEL FOR FUTURE FIRST
AGAIN A NO BRAINER, THEY MAY ACTUALLY MATCH IT BEFORE THE BID IS FINISHED BEING READ OUT
3 - :adelaide: - CALLAGHAN
ADEL MOVE UP AND GET A BIG MID WHO IS AN EXCELLENT MOVER
4 - :bulldogs: - DARCY (GC BID)
ANOTHER NO BRAINER, NOW TO TRADE BACK INTO THIS YEAR
5 - :goldcoast: - GIBCUS
SUNS GO FOR A KPD WHO IS THE BEST AVAILABLE FROM THEIR LIST OF NEEDS
6 - :gws:- ANDREW
GWS GET THEIR MAN AFTER TRADING BACK
7- :hawthorn: - HOBBS
COULD BE WARD, IM PUTTING HOBBS THOUGH, AS HE FEELS TO BE THE TYPE OF PLAYER SAM MITCHELL LOVES, WARD AND SONSIE ARE SIMILAR TYPES IN A WAY BUT HOBBS WOULD ADD THAT POD IN THE MIDFIELD, NOW, WILL SONSIE SLIDE LIKE I THINK HE WILL AND CAN THEY GET HIM ALSO?
8 - :freo: - AMISS
BEFORE ANYONE ELSE TAKES THE KPF FREO ACTUALLY DO NEED, I HAVE THEM TAKING HIM HERE
9 - :richmond: - WARD
COULD BE HOBBS HERE, AND MAY WELL BE, EITHER WAY ONE OF THOSE MIDS IS GOING TO RICHMOND I THINK, SO WARD SLIPS NO FURTHER
10 - :freo: - GOATER
RICH GIVE 17 AND 30 TO STK FOR 11
A BIG AGILE MID WHO CAN GO FWD WITH A HIGH CEILING, FREO SAYS YES PLEASE
11 - :richmond: - JOHNSON
I GET THE FEELING ANOTHER BIG MID IS ON RICHMONDS RADAR, BEING A SMOOTH MOVER WHO ALWAYS SEEMS TO CREATE TIME AND SPACE FOR HIMSELF THEY JUMP UP TO GRAB HIM BEFORE HE GOES
12 - :westcoast: - ERASMUS
BEST AVAILABLE AND A LOCAL WITH TALENT TO BURN, AGAINST TRADITION
CARL GIVE FUTURE FIRST TO ESS FOR 13
13 - :carlton: - RACHELE
A BEST AVAILABLE IN THEIR EYES WHO ALSO SUITS A NEED FOR A SMALL EXCITING FWD THAT CAN ALSO PLAY MID MINUTES
14 - :port: - DRAPER
BEST AVAILABLE PICK, CAN PLAY MID AND FWD, BEAUTIFUL SKILLSET AND HIGH CEILING
15 - :gws:- SINN
BEST AVAILABLE PICK, GIVEN A FULL YEAR HE MAY HAVE BROKEN TOP 10
16 - :brisbane: - WANGANEEN-MILERA
A SILKY SMOOTH, AGILE MOVING KID WHO RARELY MISSES A TARGET
17 - :stkilda: - CHESSER
LOCAL BOY WHO IF PLAYING A FULL YEAR COULD BE MUCH HIGHER ON PEOPLES RADAR
18 - :sydney: - KNEVITT
KIND OF A SURPRISE FIRST ROUNDER BUT A PERFECT FIT HERE AT SYDNEY GIVEN HIS POTENTIAL AND HIS SIZE IN THE MIDDLE BEING A POD IN THE FUTURE
19 - :melbourne: - BUTLER
BEST AVAILABLE TO THE PREMIERS AT THIS STAGE AND BUTLER WOULD BE A GREAT GET HERE AT 19
20 - :brisbane: - ALLEER
2ND SURPRISE IN THE FIRST ROUND, BUT BEAR WITH ME, I REALLY STRUGGLED TO PUT THIS HERE, HOWEVER, BRISBANE NEED A KPP OR TWO, I THINK THEY WILL LIKE THE AGILITY AND ATHLETIC PROFILE OF ALLEER MORE THAN THAT OF BAZZO AND JVR, ALL 3 OF WHICH MAY BE TOO EARLY TO CALL OUT HERE BUT I BELIEVE THEY WOULD LIKE WHAT ALLEER HAS TO OFFER MORE THAN THE OTHER TWO. MAYBE THEY TRADE THIS DOWN A FEW SPOTS, LETS FIND OUT

ROUND TWO

WB GIVE FREO GEELONGS FUTURE 1ST FOR PICK 21

21 - :bulldogs: - WILMOT
AFTER TRADING OUT THEY TRADE BACK IN AND GRAB A BARGAIN HERE IN WILMOT
22 - :north: - BAZZO
ADDING YOUTH EVERYWHERE ON THE PARK IS A NEED, BAZZO WOULD BE A GREAT GET TO LEARN THE KPD/INTERCEPT DEF ROLE, COULD GO JVR ALSO
23 - :hawthorn: - SONSIE
WELL, HE LASTED THIS LONG AND HAWTHORN DO GET THEIR OTHER MAN
24 - :geelong: - BROWN
BEFORE TRADING THEIR NEXT PICK GEELONG GET THEIR BOY
GEEL GIVE 25 AND FUTURE 2ND TO PORT FOR FUTURE 1ST
25 - :port: - ROBERTS
HE IS A MID WHO USES HIS SMARTS AND BODY POSITIONING REALLY WELL TO GET CLEARANCES, SET TEAM MATES UP AND GO FWD TO KICK GOALS, NOT OVERLY QUICK BUT VERY CLEAN AND SMART
26 - :hawthorn: - LONG
ANOTHER ONE HAW LIKE IS LONG AND HE FINISHES OFF HAWTHORNS FUTURE MID TRIPLE THREAT, CAN GO FWD AND KICK GOALS AND GREAT IN THE MIDDLE
27 - :carlton: - MOTLOP
A PURE SMALL FWD AND A SLIPPERY AND SILKY ONE AT THAT, FREO CANNOT MATCH ANY BID UNDER 40, SO THE BLUES GO BANG
28 - :richmond: - TAYLOR
VERY EFFICIENT USER OF THE BALL AND A SMART FOOTBALLER WHO GIVES 100%, A SMALL FWD/HF TYPE THEY CAN USE WELL WHO CAN ALSO GO INTO THE MIDDLE, WITH JVR STILL ON THE BOARD HE DEFINITELY COULD COME INTO CONSIDERATION
29 - :gws:- FAHEY (RICH BID)
A GOOD BID BY RICHMOND AS IF HE HAD A FULL YEAR HE WOULD BE SO, SO MUCH HIGHER ON THE BOARDS, BUT GWS WILL MATCH THE BID HERE
30 - :richmond: - HOWES
A TALL WINGMAN WHO REALLY IS A UTILITY OF SORTS, PLAYS WELL FWD, PLAYS WELL ON THE WING AND HIS SKILLSET COULD ALSO BE USED ACROSS HB TOO
ESS GIVE STK A FUTURE 2ND AND 56 FOR 31, 66 AND 67
31 - :essendon: - CLARKE
A CLEVER GOAL KICKING FULL TIME SMALL FWD
32 - :westcoast: - SHELDRICK
AGAINST TRADITION AGAIN, I KNOW, BUT WITH THE NEED FOR ALL DIFFERENT TYPES OF MIDS, WCE GO LOCAL HERE AND SHELDRICK WOULD SUIT THEM
33 - :stkilda: - OWENS (GEEL BID)
AFTER TRADING WITH RICHMOND EARLIER AND HAVING A COUPLE OF LATE PICKS STK GET THEIR ACADEMY GUN AND MATCH THE BID
34 - :geelong: - RANKIN
AFTER HAVING A CRACK AT A BIG BULLOCKING FWD/MID IN OWENS, GEELONG GO FOR THE VERY SKILLED, SMART, GOAL KICKING RANKIN.
35 - :sydney: - MURLEY
IF MURLEY PLAYED ALL YEAR, HE WOULD NOT HAVE LASTED THIS LONG IN THE DRAFT, VERY SMOOTH MOVING, EXCELLENT SKILLS AND A TYPICAL SYDNEY TYPE PICK I THINK
36 - :geelong: - HOUGH
HAD A GREAT YEAR AND CAN BE UTILISED ALL OVER THE GROUND AND GIVES GEELONG PLENTY TO PLAY WITH WHICH THEY WOULD LIKE
37 - :adelaide: - RAYSON
EXCEPTIONAL USER AND DELIVERER OF THE BALL WITH LEADERSHIP SKILLS AND A HUNGER FOR THE CONTEST
38 - :geelong: - VAN ROOYEN
COULD REALLY GO ANYWHERE BETWEEN 15 AND 40, BUT I HAVE HIM HERE, AND YOUTH IN THE FWD/DEF ROLES IS A MUST FOR GEELONG AND JVR HAS SHOWN GREAT WORK-RATE IN BEING A UTILITY TYPE THIS YEAR
39 - :port: - BURGOYNE (WCE BID)
DEFINITELY WORTH A BID AROUND THIS MARK AND WOULD COMPLIMENT THE USERS OF THE BALL IN WCE'S ARMOURY BUT PORT WANT HIM AND WILL MATCH
40 - :westcoast: - MACDONALD
ANOTHER MID, THIS TIME A VIC MID WHO IS AGGRESSIVE, MID SIZED, AND CAN DRIFT FWD FOR GOALS BUT IS ALSO AN EXCELLENT TWO WAY RUNNER WHO TACKLES HARD
41 - :melbourne: - BALLANTYNE
DEFINITELY A RISER AND A GOOD FIT HERE AT MELBOURNE GIVEN HIS COMMITMENT TO THE GAME AND HIS CRAFT. A SMALLISH UTILITY WHO HAS SKILLS THAT COULD BE USED DOWN BACK UP FWD OR THROUGH THE WINGS. HAS SHOWN HIMSELF TO BE PERFECTING A WING ROLE

ANOTHER VERSION WITH DIFFERENT PICK SWAP IDEAS

ROUND ONE
1- :north: - HORNE FRANCIS
ADEL GIVE GWS PICK 4*(CURRENTLY) AND FUTURE FIRST FOR PICK 2 AND FUTURE FIRST
NO BRAINER, GIVE THE KID HIS NAB PORTFOLIO ALREADY
2 - :collingwood: - DAICOS (ADEL BID)
WB - TRADE 23*(CURRENTLY) AND FUTURE 2ND TO GEEL FOR FUTURE FIRST
AGAIN A NO BRAINER, THEY MAY ACTUALLY MATCH IT BEFORE THE BID IS FINISHED BEING READ OUT
3 - :adelaide: - CALLAGHAN
ADEL MOVE UP AND GET A BIG MID WHO IS AN EXCELLENT MOVER
4 - :bulldogs: - DARCY (GC BID)
ANOTHER NO BRAINER, NOW TO TRADE BACK INTO THIS YEAR
5 - :goldcoast: - GIBCUS
SUNS GO FOR A KPD WHO IS THE BEST AVAILABLE FROM THEIR LIST OF NEEDS
6 - :gws:- ANDREW
GWS GET THEIR MAN AFTER TRADING BACK
7- :hawthorn: - HOBBS
COULD BE WARD, IM PUTTING HOBBS THOUGH, AS HE FEELS TO BE THE TYPE OF PLAYER SAM MITCHELL LOVES, WARD AND SONSIE ARE SIMILAR TYPES IN A WAY BUT HOBBS WOULD ADD THAT POD IN THE MIDFIELD, NOW, WILL SONSIE SLIDE LIKE I THINK HE WILL AND CAN THEY GET HIM ALSO?
8 - :freo: - AMISS
BEFORE ANYONE ELSE TAKES THE KPF FREO ACTUALLY DO NEED, I HAVE THEM TAKING HIM HERE
9 - :richmond: - WARD
COULD BE HOBBS HERE, AND MAY WELL BE, EITHER WAY ONE OF THOSE MIDS IS GOING TO RICHMOND I THINK, SO WARD SLIPS NO FURTHER
10 - :freo: - GOATER
RICH GIVE 17 AND 30 TO STK FOR 11
A BIG AGILE MID WHO CAN GO FWD WITH A HIGH CEILING, FREO SAYS YES PLEASE
11 - :richmond: - JOHNSON
I GET THE FEELING ANOTHER BIG MID IS ON RICHMONDS RADAR, BEING A SMOOTH MOVER WHO ALWAYS SEEMS TO CREATE TIME AND SPACE FOR HIMSELF THEY JUMP UP TO GRAB HIM BEFORE HE GOES
12 - :westcoast: - ERASMUS
BEST AVAILABLE AND A LOCAL WITH TALENT TO BURN, AGAINST TRADITION
CARL GIVE FUTURE FIRST TO ESS FOR 13
13 - :carlton: - RACHELE
A BEST AVAILABLE IN THEIR EYES WHO ALSO SUITS A NEED FOR A SMALL EXCITING FWD THAT CAN ALSO PLAY MID MINUTES
14 - :port: - DRAPER
BEST AVAILABLE PICK, CAN PLAY MID AND FWD, BEAUTIFUL SKILLSET AND HIGH CEILING
15 - :gws:- SINN
BEST AVAILABLE PICK, GIVEN A FULL YEAR HE MAY HAVE BROKEN TOP 10
16 - :brisbane: - WANGANEEN-MILERA
A SILKY SMOOTH, AGILE MOVING KID WHO RARELY MISSES A TARGET
17 - :stkilda: - CHESSER
LOCAL BOY WHO IF PLAYING A FULL YEAR COULD BE MUCH HIGHER ON PEOPLES RADAR
18 - :sydney: - KNEVITT
KIND OF A SURPRISE FIRST ROUNDER BUT A PERFECT FIT HERE AT SYDNEY GIVEN HIS POTENTIAL AND HIS SIZE IN THE MIDDLE BEING A POD IN THE FUTURE
19 - :melbourne: - BUTLER
BEST AVAILABLE TO THE PREMIERS AT THIS STAGE AND BUTLER WOULD BE A GREAT GET HERE AT 19
20 - :brisbane: - ALLEER
2ND SURPRISE IN THE FIRST ROUND, BUT BEAR WITH ME, I REALLY STRUGGLED TO PUT THIS HERE, HOWEVER, BRISBANE NEED A KPP OR TWO, I THINK THEY WILL LIKE THE AGILITY AND ATHLETIC PROFILE OF ALLEER MORE THAN THAT OF BAZZO AND JVR, ALL 3 OF WHICH MAY BE TOO EARLY TO CALL OUT HERE BUT I BELIEVE THEY WOULD LIKE WHAT ALLEER HAS TO OFFER MORE THAN THE OTHER TWO. MAYBE THEY TRADE THIS DOWN A FEW SPOTS, LETS FIND OUT

ROUND TWO

WB GIVE FREO GEELONGS FUTURE 1ST FOR PICK 21

21 - :bulldogs: - WILMOT
AFTER TRADING OUT THEY TRADE BACK IN AND GRAB A BARGAIN HERE IN WILMOT
22 - :north: - BAZZO
ADDING YOUTH EVERYWHERE ON THE PARK IS A NEED, BAZZO WOULD BE A GREAT GET TO LEARN THE KPD/INTERCEPT DEF ROLE, COULD GO JVR ALSO
23 - :hawthorn: - SONSIE
WELL, HE LASTED THIS LONG AND HAWTHORN DO GET THEIR OTHER MAN
24 - :geelong: - BROWN
BEFORE TRADING THEIR NEXT PICK GEELONG GET THEIR BOY
GEEL GIVE 25 AND FUTURE 2ND TO PORT FOR FUTURE 1ST
25 - :port: - ROBERTS
HE IS A MID WHO USES HIS SMARTS AND BODY POSITIONING REALLY WELL TO GET CLEARANCES, SET TEAM MATES UP AND GO FWD TO KICK GOALS, NOT OVERLY QUICK BUT VERY CLEAN AND SMART
26 - :hawthorn: - LONG
ANOTHER ONE HAW LIKE IS LONG AND HE FINISHES OFF HAWTHORNS FUTURE MID TRIPLE THREAT, CAN GO FWD AND KICK GOALS AND GREAT IN THE MIDDLE
27 - :carlton: - MOTLOP
A PURE SMALL FWD AND A SLIPPERY AND SILKY ONE AT THAT, FREO CANNOT MATCH ANY BID UNDER 40, SO THE BLUES GO BANG
28 - :richmond: - TAYLOR
VERY EFFICIENT USER OF THE BALL AND A SMART FOOTBALLER WHO GIVES 100%, A SMALL FWD/HF TYPE THEY CAN USE WELL WHO CAN ALSO GO INTO THE MIDDLE, WITH JVR STILL ON THE BOARD HE DEFINITELY COULD COME INTO CONSIDERATION
29 - :gws:- FAHEY (RICH BID)
A GOOD BID BY RICHMOND AS IF HE HAD A FULL YEAR HE WOULD BE SO, SO MUCH HIGHER ON THE BOARDS, BUT GWS WILL MATCH THE BID HERE
30 - :richmond: - HOWES
A TALL WINGMAN WHO REALLY IS A UTILITY OF SORTS, PLAYS WELL FWD, PLAYS WELL ON THE WING AND HIS SKILLSET COULD ALSO BE USED ACROSS HB TOO
ESS GIVE STK A FUTURE 2ND AND 56 FOR 31, 66 AND 67
31 - :essendon: - CLARKE
A CLEVER GOAL KICKING FULL TIME SMALL FWD
32 - :westcoast: - SHELDRICK
AGAINST TRADITION AGAIN, I KNOW, BUT WITH THE NEED FOR ALL DIFFERENT TYPES OF MIDS, WCE GO LOCAL HERE AND SHELDRICK WOULD SUIT THEM
33 - :stkilda: - OWENS (GEEL BID)
AFTER TRADING WITH RICHMOND EARLIER AND HAVING A COUPLE OF LATE PICKS STK GET THEIR ACADEMY GUN AND MATCH THE BID
34 - :geelong: - RANKIN
AFTER HAVING A CRACK AT A BIG BULLOCKING FWD/MID IN OWENS, GEELONG GO FOR THE VERY SKILLED, SMART, GOAL KICKING RANKIN.
35 - :sydney: - MURLEY
IF MURLEY PLAYED ALL YEAR, HE WOULD NOT HAVE LASTED THIS LONG IN THE DRAFT, VERY SMOOTH MOVING, EXCELLENT SKILLS AND A TYPICAL SYDNEY TYPE PICK I THINK
36 - :geelong: - HOUGH
HAD A GREAT YEAR AND CAN BE UTILISED ALL OVER THE GROUND AND GIVES GEELONG PLENTY TO PLAY WITH WHICH THEY WOULD LIKE
37 - :adelaide: - RAYSON
EXCEPTIONAL USER AND DELIVERER OF THE BALL WITH LEADERSHIP SKILLS AND A HUNGER FOR THE CONTEST
38 - :geelong: - VAN ROOYEN
COULD REALLY GO ANYWHERE BETWEEN 15 AND 40, BUT I HAVE HIM HERE, AND YOUTH IN THE FWD/DEF ROLES IS A MUST FOR GEELONG AND JVR HAS SHOWN GREAT WORK-RATE IN BEING A UTILITY TYPE THIS YEAR
39 - :port: - BURGOYNE (WCE BID)
DEFINITELY WORTH A BID AROUND THIS MARK AND WOULD COMPLIMENT THE USERS OF THE BALL IN WCE'S ARMOURY BUT PORT WANT HIM AND WILL MATCH
40 - :westcoast: - MACDONALD
ANOTHER MID, THIS TIME A VIC MID WHO IS AGGRESSIVE, MID SIZED, AND CAN DRIFT FWD FOR GOALS BUT IS ALSO AN EXCELLENT TWO WAY RUNNER WHO TACKLES HARD
41 - :melbourne: - BALLANTYNE
DEFINITELY A RISER AND A GOOD FIT HERE AT MELBOURNE GIVEN HIS COMMITMENT TO THE GAME AND HIS CRAFT. A SMALLISH UTILITY WHO HAS SKILLS THAT COULD BE USED DOWN BACK UP FWD OR THROUGH THE WINGS. HAS SHOWN HIMSELF TO BE PERFECTING A WING ROLE

can’t see freo trading 19 without getting something back this year

I feel like we'd be way more likely to trade in for Motlop than Wilmot. A small forward with lots of speed would add heaps to our list.
He did come into consideration, my reasoning for this was it seemed like a slide for Wilmot, and his skills and aggressive nature of play could translate to wing and the fwd line as well, so i saw him as a multi-positional pick which put him ahead of Motlop in my eyes as i only see motlop as a small fwd and i find him a little timid at times therefore i don't think his style of play or nature would allow him to be a very good def end player. Motlop is a cracker in his role, but in the end i went for a more aggressive type of player that can be utilised in other areas.

Seems like a bit of a reach for us to take Ned Long at 26 when Taylor is right there, and more of what we have a dire need for. Even Clarke would be a better fit for our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can’t see freo trading 19 without getting something back this year
Firstly who have to look at who has picks freo could use that would be of any worth close to that pick 19 and as the picks currently stand only really geelong and richmond could offer you something that you could use this year, and as for that, richmond wont do it as they will take 4 picks, so it really only leaves geelong. Now, geelong wanted that pick from you for the sole purpose of being able to maximise it by turning it into a first round pick and/or a few extra picks for next year, leaving you with the options of........only future picks, and that is what i think freo will get and take for that pick, it is just a matter of who wants it more.

Seems like a bit of a reach for us to take Ned Long at 26 when Taylor is right there, and more of what we have a dire need for. Even Clarke would be a better fit for our list.
perhaps, but from what i have seen Ned do, he is definitely the best tall mid left on the board from that point on and probably wont last much longer on the day, and i think he would compliment the hawks future midfield brigade hugely, moreso than what Taylor or Clarke would. Hawthorn and Richmond both like Long (as do a few others) so i actually dont see this one a reach, you guys are building a spine now its time to add a few future midfielders

perhaps, but from what i have seen Ned do, he is definitely the best tall mid left on the board from that point on and probably wont last much longer on the day, and i think he would compliment the hawks future midfield brigade hugely, moreso than what Taylor or Clarke would. Hawthorn and Richmond both like Long (as do a few others) so i actually dont see this one a reach, you guys are building a spine now its time to add a few future midfielders
The thing with Long is that we've already got a 197cm inside mid that Mitchell has unearthed late this year in Conor Nash, so I'd be a bit disappointed if we talk another slow inside mid who's inconsistent by foot. Balanced mids with speed, or small forwards that can rotate through the middle is what most Hawks fans would be wanting us to target with our second rounders.

Firstly who have to look at who has picks freo could use that would be of any worth close to that pick 19 and as the picks currently stand only really geelong and richmond could offer you something that you could use this year, and as for that, richmond wont do it as they will take 4 picks, so it really only leaves geelong. Now, geelong wanted that pick from you for the sole purpose of being able to maximise it by turning it into a first round pick and/or a few extra picks for next year, leaving you with the options of........only future picks, and that is what i think freo will get and take for that pick, it is just a matter of who wants it more.
Freo will use 4 picks this year. Can’t see them not getting anything back this year

He did come into consideration, my reasoning for this was it seemed like a slide for Wilmot, and his skills and aggressive nature of play could translate to wing and the fwd line as well, so i saw him as a multi-positional pick which put him ahead of Motlop in my eyes as i only see motlop as a small fwd and i find him a little timid at times therefore i don't think his style of play or nature would allow him to be a very good def end player. Motlop is a cracker in his role, but in the end i went for a more aggressive type of player that can be utilised in other areas.

Fair call, I do like Wilmot. For me I think we lack some forward nous. Most of our forward line consists of repurposed mids/defenders, with Weightman and JUH our only natural forwards, so I'd pass on a jack-of-all-trades to get a master-of-one.

Our best forward line in 2022 will probably look something like
Smith English Vandermeer
Weightman Naughton JUH
Bench: JJ

When you look at where they've mostly played, JJ and Vandermeer have been running defenders, Smith is a midfielder, English is an overgrown midfielder, ad Naughton spent most of his life as a KPD.

Freo will use 4 picks this year. Can’t see them not getting anything back this year
agreed they will use 4 picks, if you cant see them not getting anything back, who is trading with them?? i think they maximise it by trading for a future, then if they want back in the draft at an earlier point rather than later, use that pick to gain some extras this year. That is my point.
You maximise that pick for someone who is going for a slider and wants them, they will be the ones who trade high for it, you would be minimising the pick trading it for a few seconds this year, of which only geelong would be the ones keen enough, no one else has picks worthy of your 19* currently

agreed they will use 4 picks, if you cant see them not getting anything back, who is trading with them?? i think they maximise it by trading for a future, then if they want back in the draft at an earlier point rather than later, use that pick to gain some extras this year. That is my point.
You maximise that pick for someone who is going for a slider and wants them, they will be the ones who trade high for it, you would be minimising the pick trading it for a few seconds this year, of which only geelong would be the ones keen enough, no one else has picks worthy of your 19* currently
Port got a future 2nd & moved back 1 spot 2 years ago. I’m not saying it will be that good but I could see plenty of clubs trying something like that if the player they are after is still on the board

The Cats trading seems a bit odd. Why would we give up our future first for effectively Port’s future first which is likely to be a worse pick next year? And why would we trade in pick 23 only to trade it out again? We have the pick before already so it wouldn’t be to secure an earlier shot at a particular player.

Last edited:
Can definitely see the eagles jumping at erasmus if he's still there.
Sheldrick is an interesting one. He's performed very well recently and most wc fans wouldnt be disappointed if we took him this early

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back