Draft Watcher Smythe's 2021 Draft Thread - Full Phantom with pick swaps post #295

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final thoughts on the First Round
Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
GBay-WSox-Bulls-Blackhawks-LSU-UNC
So i had this done last Thursday, Nov 18th on the Big Footy Draft Tipping Competition, but have edited the Richmond and Port Trade and also the Geel trade with Bris.

Latest whispers have some of the players going to where i have them picked, (they are just rumours though). The one i will look out for also is a possible jump from someone to grab Erasmus if he is still there at Freo's second pick, but it would have to be a good offer to Freo if they are even going to think about trading that pick.

Geelong using some picks to jump into the second round is always on the cards however the only team i can see that happening with would be Brisbane or Richmond, it would give Brisbane a third earlier pick rather than late into the draft and with Richmond i see them wanting to move up not back so IMO that one wont happen with Geelong.

Will we see Butler, Wilmot, Bazzo, Chesser or Knevitt sneak into the first round?
Will Sonsie or Draper Slide?
Could Fahey be bid on in the first round?
Could Port try a deal with Sydney and/or will Sydney entertain it?
Who will do the deal with Freo's pick 19*(possibly end up at 21)?
What will Essendon do, and will Dodoro try something?
Who will do the deal with the WB for 23, that will be the first trade of the night and may set up the rest of the first round and will it even end up seeing the Dogs trade back into the end of the first round with Brisbane, and having Brisbane gaining points next year for their 2 F/s's in Ashcroft and Fletcher.

Either way, im excited to see how the first round unfolds tomorrow night.
Enjoy the night everyone.

Pick 1 - North - Jason Horne-Francis
Pick 2 - Wb - Sam Darcy - Bid Matched
Pick 3 - Gws - Finn Callaghan
Pick 4 - Coll - Nick Daicos - Bid Matched
Pick 5 - Gc - Mac Andrew
Pick 6 - Adel - Josh Rachele
Pick 7 - Haw - Matt Johnson
Pick 8 - Freo - Ben Hobbs
Pick 9 - Rich - Josh Gibcus
Pick 10 - Freo - Neil Erasmus
Pick 11 - Stk - Josh Ward
Pick 12 - Wce - Jye Amiss
Pick 13 - Ess - Josh Sinn
Pick 14 - Rich - Jacob Van Rooyen - Rich trade up with Port
Pick 15 - Gws - Blake Howes
Pick 16 - Bris - Josh Goater
Pick 17 - Port - Nasaiah Wanganeen-Milera
Pick 18 - Syd - Arlo Draper
Pick 19 - Melb - Tyler Sonsie
Pick 20 - Geel - Tom Brown - Geel trade up with Bris

Aug 16, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So i had this done last Thursday, Nov 18th on the Big Footy Draft Tipping Competition, but have edited the Richmond and Port Trade and also the Geel trade with Bris.

Latest whispers have some of the players going to where i have them picked, (they are just rumours though). The one i will look out for also is a possible jump from someone to grab Erasmus if he is still there at Freo's second pick, but it would have to be a good offer to Freo if they are even going to think about trading that pick.

Geelong using some picks to jump into the second round is always on the cards however the only team i can see that happening with would be Brisbane or Richmond, it would give Brisbane a third earlier pick rather than late into the draft and with Richmond i see them wanting to move up not back so IMO that one wont happen with Geelong.

Will we see Butler, Wilmot, Bazzo, Chesser or Knevitt sneak into the first round?
Who will do the deal with the WB for 23, that will be the first trade of the night and may set up the rest of the first round and will it even end up seeing the Dogs trade back into the end of the first round with Brisbane, and having Brisbane gaining points next year for their 2 F/s's in Ashcroft and Fletcher.

Pick 5 - Gc - Mac Andrew
Can you explain the Geelong trade ?

Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Intetested too. Can't imagine a deal good enough if Wilmot and Chesser were still available.
Whispers are north to be looking at bazzo as the KPd, or butler as a fwd/mid, then there is Owens, Knevitt, MacDonald, Taylor, Clarke and Motlop that will be looked at by Freo (or whoever trade with them) and Hawks, then it would be your pick, as i think 22*(24) and future second would suffice.

Aug 17, 2009
On a boat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Southampton F.C., eAFL SUNS

Pick 5 - Gc - Mac Andrew
Trading up for Van Rooyen?

Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Trading up for Van Rooyen?

There are several they like and with the players from around 12 - 25 being so even you may have to move to get the player you like, if they go midfielder first instead of Gibcus, they may move to grab Van Rooyen before he is taken prior to their next picks to cover that area of need, if they go Gibcus first, the pick may stay in situ, or move up to grab a mid they like that may not be there for their next pick.

Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Whispers are north to be looking at bazzo as the KPd, or butler as a fwd/mid, then there is Owens, Knevitt, MacDonald, Taylor, Clarke and Motlop that will be looked at by Freo (or whoever trade with them) and Hawks, then it would be your pick, as i think 22*(24) and future second would suffice.
There are too many players being pidgeon holed into rankings, the clubs are very much of the view that players after the first 10 or so are even up until around 25, so if a player they like is still there then maybe it doesn't happen but their are plenty of options available and if they can get a boost while still taking a player they like then why wouldn't you really.

bellpark

All Australian
Aug 18, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Just out of interest in your main final phantom Geelong starts with 22, 30, 32, 34, 50 and 91. in your actual draft you seemed to have misplaced Geelong's pick 30 ?

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
G

Great take from over a month ago, …I had Richmond taking gibcus in my last mock, and Clarke. I thought, along with many others, that the hawks would take sonsie though, that was a shock.
I was just wondering what your thoughts were, given you said Richmond wasn't interested/shouldn't be interested in Sonsie.

Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
I was just wondering what your thoughts were, given you said Richmond wasn't interested/shouldn't be interested in Sonsie.
Great player and should be very good especially in the right full time environment and time to get over injuries. It was my personal opinion mainly because I would like to see him tackle more and build a tank to run both ways better also mixed with the opinion that they might go for a bigger bodied mid and that he was linked to hawks all year until late in the piece.
I’m happy with Richmond’s selections and it kind of looks like they may be targeting a mid for trade next year or targeting the mids in the draft next year after strengthening the def and small fwds this year.

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Great player and should be very good especially in the right full time environment and time to get over injuries. It was my personal opinion mainly because I would like to see him tackle more and build a tank to run both ways better also mixed with the opinion that they might go for a bigger bodied mid and that he was linked to hawks all year until late in the piece.
I’m happy with Richmond’s selections and it kind of looks like they may be targeting a mid for trade next year or targeting the mids in the draft next year after strengthening the def and small fwds this year.
Sweet, cheers.

Thank you
Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Thanks for the year everyone, my 2022 thread starts tomorrow with my first rankings, in which, I will be doing something a little bit different, something that has not been seen on here for quite some time, if at all, and it will keep the thread different from others too from now on which might make the comparison of threads and players across BigFooty a bit more interesting throughout the year.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Thanks for the year everyone, my 2022 thread starts tomorrow with my first rankings, in which, I will be doing something a little bit different, something that has not been seen on here for quite some time, if at all, and it will keep the thread different from others too from now on which might make the comparison of threads and players across BigFooty a bit more interesting throughout the year.

Let's rock it.

Was it just me or did the previous 2 nights seem better than 2018-20?

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I figured Richmond would probably go best KPF available fifth their first pick next year. If there isn’t one in the range, then best mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back