Phantom Draft Smythe's Draft Thread 2019 *UPDATED* 2 ROUNDS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wanted to post this hear on sunday but thought i would wait, and now its going into the papers.....so..... what is everyones thoughts on the rumour that GC may bid on green at 1 and then take rowell ??It stems from the fact they really wanted to get brad crouch but couldnt land him and are trying to see if they are a chance at getting him next year, if not then they may go for green and rowell.
There is a chance there, but I don't think so. Will brodie already signed another two year. What if GWS match? GCS look stupid to AFL and the media asking for Priority pick.

Last edited:
i wanted to post this here on sunday but thought i would wait, and now its going into the papers.....so..... what is everyones thoughts on the rumour that GC may bid on green at 1 and then take rowell ??It stems from the fact they really wanted to get brad crouch but couldnt land him and are trying to see if they are a chance at getting him next year, if not then they may go for green and rowell.

It’s a great idea if they believe Green is one of the best 2 players in the draft.

By bidding pick 1, they’ll increase their likelihood of GWS passing on him.

Plus, pick 1 is always subjected to more external pressure, so given GWS are almost certain to take Green anyway, they’d get Rowell and Anderson without the pick 1 fanfare.

Like it.

There is a chance there, but I don't think so. Will brodie already signed another two year. What if GWS match? GCS look stupid to AFL and the media asking for Priority pick.
Having already traded in Hugh Greenwood as the bigger robust midfield type, I thought the combination of
Matthew Rowell and Hayden Young would have some appeal to Gold Coast, but they might not be best
friends which is a pretty lame reason to draft someone.

Having already traded in Hugh Greenwood as the bigger robust midfield type, I thought the combination of
Matthew Rowell and Hayden Young would have some appeal to Gold Coast, but they might not be best
friends which is a pretty lame reason to draft someone.
I actually prefer Anderson as No 1 and Rowell no 2 and Stephen no 3. I like Hayden young but he is not that good compare Stephen in term of position flexibility. You talent sporting a bit of Clayton flavour.

I actually prefer Anderson as No 1 and Rowell no 2 and Stephen no 3. I like Hayden young but he is not that good compare Stephen in term of position flexibility. You talent sporting a bit of Clayton flavour.
Sorry, happy to accept your critique and all, but have got no clue as to what you're talking about. Hayden
Young is the best kick in the draft in terms of weighting, but I am a Stingray's man so I have bias.

Sorry, happy to accept your critique and all, but have got no clue as to what you're talking about. Hayden
Young is the best kick in the draft in terms of weighting, but I am a Stingray's man so I have bias.
Position wise, what are your thoughts on Young's flexibility?

Position wise, what are your thoughts on Young's flexibility?
Late in the season he actually played games in the middle and pushed further up the ground, I think given the
way modern football is played in relation to the press and team defence it's hard to ignore players who are so
efficient by foot and creative at finding good outlets.

Fair enough no clue then mean you can't critic me or my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back