21. Melbourne - Jack Carroll
22. Melbourne - Max Holmes
23. Sydney - Errol Gulden - Bid Matched
24. Brisbane - Blake Coleman - Bid matched
25. GWS - Finlay Macrae
26. Hawthorn - Connor Downie - Bid Matched
27. St Kilda - Conor Stone

Tigers and Crows to strike a deal on pick swaps late first round

Very good mate I like it if crouch leaves the crows do you think it will be pick 2 or 19?
It would have to be end of first round for mine. AND before anyone knocks my opinion, this is why...AFL will cut list sizes, for most clubs, they will not have enough money to offer over long terms to get it up to band 1 compo, some may, but i dont think he will get offered anywhere near enough over a long period to justify band 1 compo. IF, that is IF, he goes, i believe end of first round will be the compensation.

On the Qld academy side , what about Carter Michael (bris best in avademy series) Abberley (30 possies last week., Josh Gore (5 th in qafl goal kicking) and Max Pescud (6 goals two weeks ago), remember these kids are competing against men not dominating under 18s
Carter Michael and Tahj Abberley have certainly looked the two best Brisbane kids.

Still not sure if we draft either one.

Last edited:
On the Qld academy side , what about Carter Michael (bris best in avademy series) Abberley (30 possies last week., Josh Gore (5 th in qafl goal kicking) and Max Pescud (6 goals two weeks ago), remember these kids are competing against men not dominating under 18s
i hear what your saying about the aforementioned players, but this is QFL. I mean that with respect, as im positive even players playing in that competition would say the same, it is a long way off other state leagues.
Now Michael Carter....there are lots of little things to look at with this guy as to why I dont rate him highly. i did post a minute ago about them but deleted it as i did promise to never knock players with why i dont rate them on my board......so...i will say for each player in the draft i look at what they are not good at or what it is about their game that i dont rate and then rank them on whether it matters or not going up to the big leagues. (im not always right either ;) )
In his case i have 8 things. 3 are related to 1 area of footy, 2 to another area, and the remaining 3 are to 3 different areas of the game, meaning there are 5 areas for improvement. some can simply be coached out of kids but in his case i would have thought that the coaches he has are trying to get him to change already but he continually shows them up every now and again in games, so im not sure if its sinking in or they are just letting him go with it, either way im not a big fan, but thats not to say he wont get drafted, and more smokies will come out of this draft than ever before.

It would have to be end of first round for mine. AND before anyone knocks my opinion, this is why...AFL will cut list sizes, for most clubs, they will not have enough money to offer over long terms to get it up to band 1 compo, some may, but i dont think he will get offered anywhere near enough over a long period to justify band 1 compo. IF, that is IF, he goes, i believe end of first round will be the compensation.
well said mate I agree 👌

Feel the Lions may need another key forward and a possibly another ruck, while the Suns need a key back and a small forward who regularly hits the scoreboard so may go to the Academy well for those
There’s a bit of internal hype around Tom Fullarton, so we may already have our KPF.

Definitely need a ruck. I’d say two, a mature age and a young ruck. But with Archie Smith having another year on his contract, it’s unlikely we bring in two in one offseason.

There’s also a strong possibility we only take two picks to the draft. Will have to wait and see what picks we have left after the trade period.

Ideally we bring in at least another mid or mid/forward at the draft.

There’s a bit of internal hype around Tom Fullarton, so we may already have our KPF.

Definitely need a ruck. I’d say two, a mature age and a young ruck. But with Archie Smith having another year on his contract, it’s unlikely we bring in two in one offseason.

There’s also a strong possibility we only take two picks to the draft. Will have to wait and see what picks we have left after the trade period.

Ideally we bring in at least another mid or mid/forward at the draft.
do you think they will look at brown or daniher? or go to the draft for a fwd, fwd/ruck type option and draft mids.

do you think they will look at brown or daniher? or go to the draft for a fwd, fwd/ruck type option and draft mids.
I’ve no idea at this stage.

Noble runs a very tight ship, with very little leaking out these days.

Maybe after the trade period I can offer an educated guess.

I have a bad feeling we’re going after Daniher big time, with Peter Wright as a fall back option.

ok

I have a bad feeling we’re going after Daniher big time, with Peter Wright as a fall back option.
ok. re-worded. what would you like them to do?

ok

ok. re-worded. what would you like them to do?
Honestly depends who’s available at our first two picks.

We need a young ruck, and we need midfield depth.

In order, I’d prefer;
Archie Perkins
Tanner Bruhn
Eddie Ford
Jack Carrol
Finlay Macrae
Brandon Walker
Zavier Maher

If we trade a pick back, and end up with a mid to late second round pick, then I’d be keen on Max Heath or Shannon Neale. And matching a bid for academy prospect, Blake Coleman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely a fit (admittedly a big if) Joe Daniher would be preferable to Brisbane fans than late first round draft picks that have no exposed form worth talking about, and probably won’t make a meaningful contribution to your team for at least 3 years? You guys are in the window right now and have a glaring weakness in the middle of your forward line?
I often think as a freo fan watching the lions that if Taberner was FF for Brisbane this year you would be flag favourites instead of 4th or 5th favs..

Surely a fit (admittedly a big if) Joe Daniher would be preferable to Brisbane fans than late first round draft picks that have no exposed form worth talking about, and probably won’t make a meaningful contribution to your team for at least 3 years? You guys are in the window right now and have a glaring weakness in the middle of your forward line?
I often think as a freo fan watching the lions that if Taberner was FF for Brisbane this year you would be flag favourites instead of 4th or 5th favs..
I believe Daniher is cooked, and would barely play. Hence why I have no interest in him.

I don’t see any value in offering Daniher the type of contract that would net Essendon band 1 compensation.

Hopefully we’re in our window for the next decade, and I believe we need to keep adding players that can take over from Mitch Robinson, Steph Martin, Dayne Zorko, Daniel Rich, Lachie Neale and Jarryd Lyons.

Now whether we trade or draft then in, we still need to add quality.

I’m ok with drafting kids who might take three years to develop. That’s pretty much what happens at top teams.

I believe Daniher is cooked, and would barely play. Hence why I have no interest in him.

I don’t see any value in offering Daniher the type of contract that would net Essendon band 1 compensation.

Hopefully we’re in our window for the next decade, and I believe we need to keep adding players that can take over from Mitch Robinson, Steph Martin, Dayne Zorko, Daniel Rich, Lachie Neale and Jarryd Lyons.

Now whether we trade or draft then in, we still need to add quality.

I’m ok with drafting kids who might take three years to develop. That’s pretty much what happens at top teams.
If you’ve watched daniher the past 2 weeks it’s clear his body is not cooked. Still has his hops, agility, speed, long kicking and ability to miss set shots haha.

If you’ve watched daniher the past 2 weeks it’s clear his body is not cooked. Still has his hops, agility, speed, long kicking and ability to miss set shots haha.
I don’t mean cooked athletically. I meant cooked as in repeatedly breaking down due to repetitive injuries.

My top 18: by end of season ladder position & club need: 1. J.Ugle Hagan (bid), 2. L.McDonald, 3.R.Thilthorpe, 4. E.Hollands, 5. D.Grainger-Barass, 6. N.O'Driscoll, 7.N.Cox, 8. W.Phillips, 9. T.Bruhn, 10.J.Callow, 11.R.McInnes, 12. Z.Reid, 13. O.Henry, 14. H.Chapman, 15. E.Ford, 16. B.Cook, 17. F.McCrae, 18. L.Jones,, which will probably deem pointless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back