:carlton: -56- Sam Collins

ROUND 5

:collingwood: -57-Jaiden Hunter
:bulldogs: -58-Nicholas Stevens
:port:-59- Pheonix Spicer

ROUND 6

:bulldogs: -60- Harry Sharp

Last edited:

Glad to see someone else rate Oliver Davis around the same mark as me ;)

Anything specifically you're looking for McDonald to prove to get into your top 40?
For me it's his timing. As an under 18 he is definately a fwd, nothing else, to go up a level he may stay as a fwd but will most likely have to learn to read the game better. he leads too early at times and goes under the ball a lot, or gets caught out of position, and then there rarely is an aggressive second effort to lock/chase the ball down to keep it inside 50 or help pressure for a turnover. Multiple occassions i have seen him lead, ball goes over his head or hits the pack and nobody marks it, and i see him just turn around and see what happens, hoping someone will get the ball out, his opponent always seem to go make an effort and more often than not the ball comes back out of the fwd 50 by the defense. His hands are ok but not great, so he would be iffy at best down back in a defensive role. So if it is to be a fwd role at an afl club, his hands and timing need to improve and his defensive pressure will have to increase. The kid has talent and is a good (not great) kick at goal, so there are some other areas i would like to see improve. not that we may get to see that happening but we may who knows what will pan out for the rest of the year.

For me it's his timing. As an under 18 he is definately a fwd, nothing else, to go up a level he may stay as a fwd but will most likely have to learn to read the game better. he leads too early at times and goes under the ball a lot, or gets caught out of position, and then there rarely is an aggressive second effort to lock/chase the ball down to keep it inside 50 or help pressure for a turnover. Multiple occassions i have seen him lead, ball goes over his head or hits the pack and nobody marks it, and i see him just turn around and see what happens, hoping someone will get the ball out, his opponent always seem to go make an effort and more often than not the ball comes back out of the fwd 50 by the defense. His hands are ok but not great, so he would be iffy at best down back in a defensive role. So if it is to be a fwd role at an afl club, his hands and timing need to improve and his defensive pressure will have to increase. The kid has talent and is a good (not great) kick at goal, so there are some other areas i would like to see improve. not that we may get to see that happening but we may who knows what will pan out for the rest of the year.
Playing in the winning WA team as a 17 year old is not good enough?

As well as being only KPF in current crop to play as a bottom ager and hold his own.

On SM-A705YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Do you mean WA crop, or all U18’s.
WA didn’t have any top age tall forwards last year, because Georgiadas was injured.

I’m sure there’s been 17 year olds play in the champs, who didn’t get drafted in their top age year.

It’s ok for people to have a critical view players.

Probably the thing to do is, go back and rewatch the U18 championships from last year, and see if the footage backs up what the TheSmythe wrote.

my opinion is just that...MY opinion. You can have your own and thats ok. but by your reasoning, all 22 players of richmonds 2019 premiership team are definately in the best 40 players in the league ??? :think:

my opinion is just that...MY opinion. You can have your own and thats ok. but by your reasoning, all 22 players of richmonds 2019 premiership team are definately in the best 40 players in the league ??? :think:
Not having a go just wondering why Logan has limited growth when playing against older players at a higher level?
At least we have insight in state championships, others this year will be speculative.
Sure it's all opinion based, even Georgiardes as a top 20 pick while missing the champs proves this.
It's going to be extremely hard to place people in order based on the evidence if a draft eventuates.

Not having a go just wondering why Logan has limited growth when playing against older players at a higher level?
At least we have insight in state championships, others this year will be speculative.
Sure it's all opinion based, even Georgiardes as a top 20 pick while missing the champs proves this.
It's going to be extremely hard to place people in order based on the evidence if a draft eventuates.
i don't recall anybody saying he has limited growth?? To a point some of it is opinion based, but also growth (hieght/weight) based, and a lot can be picked up on limited vision. georgiades was quicker, left to right movement was better, spacial awareness was better, he cluncked on average double the amount of marks than mcdonald. i also do agree, in part, on the call of it will be hard to place them in order on boards for the draft (if it eventuates) due to limited vision, but for quite a few of them not really. they would be firmly placed on clubs boards, i do feel sorry for the ones who (there are always 2,3 or 4) were going to have a breakout year and perform better than ever. we may not get to see that. for some clubs, height and weight growth will impact where they are placed on the boards depending on positional play. the afl and clubs will sort it out together and i guarantee that we will get some play. there will be some unfortunates who miss out who may have been drafted any other year but this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baldwin low?
In terms of rankings, i don't think 20 is low, he, in my eyes could be lower. he will not be drafted as the number 1 fwd for a team, he is not a midfielder and not a KPD, and nor is he a running linkman who can tackle, so there are and will be plenty drafted in those positions previously stated and i cannot see why a team (unless they have an abundance of those players) would go for his type so early. remember Darcy Fogarty, he went at 12 from memory and i think that was too early for him and its showing, he will be good, but hasn't found a position yet and is still in my eyes 2-3 years off being a player with his name in pen instead of pencil. In my eyes, and its my opinion remember, Baldwin is very similar to Fogarty. however i have him rated as my 3rd best forward. he is agile but not that tall, so never a number 1 fwd, and he is basically missing 2 years of footy, so on my ranks i have him lower than some who have him higher on possibility alone. same could be said about Tanner Bruhn, and why do i have him up that high as he is also basically missing 2 years as well, but in terms of midfielders and what i have seen, on my ranks he is around 2 or 3 in terms of midfielders alone, but i have him here at 7. There is always a couple of teams that take risks and Baldwin in my eyes is one who could go a lot higher on possibility alone on draft night but should fall in between the 15-36 mark.

Last edited:
Yeah, no shade, but your opinion of Darcy Fogerty is miles off accurate.

Yeah, no shade, but your opinion of Darcy Fogerty is miles off accurate.
for starters its Fogarty, not fogerty, and your opinion is fine to have just is mine. here are some stats for you though to back up MY opinion of him (may i add that i rate the kid and think he will be a good solid citizen for the crows if not someone else...one day), he DID go at 12 in the draft as i thought, rayner 47 games, brayshaw 40 games, dow 41 games, davies-uniacke 22 games, cerra 42 games, stephenson 41 games, clark 30 games, coffield 8 games, naughton 42 games, obrien 35 games, bonar 6 games (injury has curtailed him), fogarty 14 games ?? aside from bonars knee recos and he (fogarty) and coffield have played the least amount of games from the top 12. because he wasn't ready and cannot find a spot. He hasn't found a position at all yet, adelaide came out and said he was being tried in defense this previous summer preseason to try and find a position for him "The young forward will be hoping to cement a place in the senior side in 2020" article By Lee Gaskin, AFL Media, Jan 5, 2020, 1:05pm. He talks about how he couldn't break into the side until round 20 (crows were pitiful that year), and Darcy himself talks about how it was hard to get a spot and that this preseason and last year in the sanfl they have being trying to play him in defense to help him find a role in the senior side. other players in his draft year that are penned into senior sides are tim kelly, i agree he was a mature selection, ed richards wb, zac bailey finally into a strong brisbane side, starcevich is even making his way into that side too, higgins at richmond (brain surgery has stopped that at the moment), oscar allen at wce, liam ryan at wce, brent daniels at gws, sam taylor at gws, bayley fritsch melbourne, mccartin sydney, ballard suns, worpel hawks, paton stk, langdon gws, zerk thatcher at bombers is now in pen, guelfi bombers even from the rookie draft, liam baker tigers, holman suns, mihocek pies, rookie elevations that year include, keath, greenwood, cox, castagna, soldo, melican, oriordan. all barre 1 or 2 are in their respective sides best 22. Fogarty is not, and as i said, will be, but is 2 or 3 yrs off being in their best 22 week in week out. Now, looking at all that evidence, which is absolute fact, i would humbly say my opinion of Darcy Fogarty is absolutely spot on correct. Show me your facts to prove me decisively wrong or "miles off" as you say.

Good correction of a typo. You might want to use a capital letter for someone's name.

If you're going to be critical of typing and grammar, I'd also suggest maybe using a bit more punctuation and not writing everything as one long paragraph.

It makes it pretty much impossible to read.

Last edited:
for starters its Fogarty, not fogerty, and your opinion is fine to have just is mine. here are some stats for you though to back up MY opinion of him (may i add that i rate the kid and think he will be a good solid citizen for the crows if not someone else...one day), he DID go at 12 in the draft as i thought, rayner 47 games, brayshaw 40 games, dow 41 games, davies-uniacke 22 games, cerra 42 games, stephenson 41 games, clark 30 games, coffield 8 games, naughton 42 games, obrien 35 games, bonar 6 games (injury has curtailed him), fogarty 14 games ?? aside from bonars knee recos and he (fogarty) and coffield have played the least amount of games from the top 12. because he wasn't ready and cannot find a spot. He hasn't found a position at all yet, adelaide came out and said he was being tried in defense this previous summer preseason to try and find a position for him "The young forward will be hoping to cement a place in the senior side in 2020" article By Lee Gaskin, AFL Media, Jan 5, 2020, 1:05pm. He talks about how he couldn't break into the side until round 20 (crows were pitiful that year), and Darcy himself talks about how it was hard to get a spot and that this preseason and last year in the sanfl they have being trying to play him in defense to help him find a role in the senior side. other players in his draft year that are penned into senior sides are tim kelly, i agree he was a mature selection, ed richards wb, zac bailey finally into a strong brisbane side, starcevich is even making his way into that side too, higgins at richmond (brain surgery has stopped that at the moment), oscar allen at wce, liam ryan at wce, brent daniels at gws, sam taylor at gws, bayley fritsch melbourne, mccartin sydney, ballard suns, worpel hawks, paton stk, langdon gws, zerk thatcher at bombers is now in pen, guelfi bombers even from the rookie draft, liam baker tigers, holman suns, mihocek pies, rookie elevations that year include, keath, greenwood, cox, castagna, soldo, melican, oriordan. all barre 1 or 2 are in their respective sides best 22. Fogarty is not, and as i said, will be, but is 2 or 3 yrs off being in their best 22 week in week out. Now, looking at all that evidence, which is absolute fact, i would humbly say my opinion of Darcy Fogarty is absolutely spot on correct. Show me your facts to prove me decisively wrong or "miles off" as you say.

You list a whole bunch of players that have been gifted games and so far shown close to nothing, such as Rayner and Dow. Completely meaningless metric of whether a player is going to ultimately deliver.

Fogarty is a key position forward who played half a season last year in the SANFL learning defensive craft. He was always going to be a key forward.

Ask one SINGLE Crows supporter or anyone that follows the club closely whether Fogarty is a first 22 lock. Honestly, all you show in this post is you have zero actual knowledge of that club.

You list a whole bunch of players that have been gifted games and so far shown close to nothing, such as Rayner and Dow. Completely meaningless metric of whether a player is going to ultimately deliver.

Fogarty is a key position forward who played half a season last year in the SANFL learning defensive craft. He was always going to be a key forward.

Ask one SINGLE Crows supporter or anyone that follows the club closely whether Fogarty is a first 22 lock. Honestly, all you show in this post is you have zero actual knowledge of that club.
I never corrected your typing or grammar, just your spelling of Fogarty. It seems as though you WERE able to read my point, and your comeback actually proved my point. So thank you.
Unfortunately your "followers of the club" cannot make the team selections for the coach or coaching staff, who have 100% actual knowledge of the players, club and game plan on match days. So you agree with me, also, on the fact that my point is about "whether a player is going to ultimately deliver" He is 2-3 years off doing that.

I never corrected your typing or grammar, just your spelling of Fogarty. It seems as though you WERE able to read my point, and your comeback actually proved my point. So thank you.
Unfortunately your "followers of the club" cannot make the team selections for the coach or coaching staff, who have 100% actual knowledge of the players, club and game plan on match days. So you agree with me, also, on the fact that my point is about "whether a player is going to ultimately deliver" He is 2-3 years off doing that.

He has been selected for 100% of games he could have possibly played this year, and has been named in the best 22 by any serious follower of the Crows.

He played the final four games of 2019, including kicking bags of 5 against the WCE and 3 against Collingwood.

And the coaches who didn't play him before then have all been sacked. The current coaching team love him, as Nicks has said multiple times in interviews.

The only thing that will stop him getting a game for the Crows over the next few years is injury.

you dont like my opinion, thats fine, but your whole argument is a wait and see, which is my point, this could go on forever. lets just focus back on the draft again. we are both allowed our opinions, and have argued for them.
Is the ego thing nobody want to admit they are wrong, but without the word wrong there won't be any right.

you dont like my opinion, thats fine, but your whole argument is a wait and see, which is my point, this could go on forever. lets just focus back on the draft again. we are both allowed our opinions, and have argued for them.
Sure, it's probably derailing the thread.

New list of who i believe is the top end talent in this years crop coming in the next couple of days. It will be my top 20, obviously before any games have been played this year but after combing over previous game footage i have a new top 20. It is in no way a draft order or phantom draft. A new top 50 will replace it after i see a few games later this year if and when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back