19. :gws: Brayden Cook
  20. :richmond: Archie Perkins
  21. :melbourne: Zavier Maher
  22. :freo: Brandon Walker BID MATCHED
  23. :melbourne: Isiah Winder
  24. :gws: Caleb Poulter
  25. :hawthorn: Conner Donnie BID MATCHED
  26. :stkilda: Malachi Carruthers
Don't know a lot about Malachi Carruthers but the last thing the Saints need is another small-medium defender

You will never pay for Beers again at any Richmond pub if this happens
I will hold you to that if it happens. It just fell that way when doing my mock and he, at that time, was best available. It was not that I rigged my own mock draft because he is someone that I would want. I do not do my mocks that way. Could do with a cold one though 👍. Further to it, Archie is someone that is seen by some as high on their boards and lower on others, his range is very varied, some talk is Essendon rate him really high some talk is he maybe the one that could slide to the teens.

I will hold you to that if it happens. It just fell that way when doing my mock and he, at that time, was best available. It was not that I rigged my own mock draft because he is someone that I would want. I do not do my mocks that way. Could do with a cold one though 👍. Further to it, Archie is someone that is seen by some as high on their boards and lower on others, his range is very varied, some talk is Essendon rate him really high some talk is he maybe the one that could slide to the teens.
I think he will be gone by the Pies #14 pick but most believe the bombers with earlier
has good size and X factor - Would love him at the Tigers

From your list. There is a lot of guy's that I like for the Saints, if all gone, I reckon Tom Powell would come into our reckoning, best available.

Really hoping all the scuttlebutt about the bombers interest in Perkins is on the mark. Love the fact he is a taller mid/fwd who kicks a goal and has serious X factor about him. Also can’t see the bombers not taking a tall with one of their picks (Reid/Cox) despite having Brand and Eyre as nga. Need to start developing a few talks with the imminent departures of Hooker and Hurley on the horizon.

Really hoping all the scuttlebutt about the bombers interest in Perkins is on the mark. Love the fact he is a taller mid/fwd who kicks a goal and has serious X factor about him. Also can’t see the bombers not taking a tall with one of their picks (Reid/Cox) despite having Brand and Eyre as nga. Need to start developing a few talks with the imminent departures of Hooker and Hurley on the horizon.
Essendon will maybe have 4 live picks so Eyre may go to someone else if they bid after Essendon take Brand as their 4th live pick. If they want Eyre they will be hoping nobody bids on him, and then keep a spot on the list open for supp pick or signing openings due next season. I funnily enough see your point AND agree in principle. I took into account the dons future backline which will be mostly containing BZT and Ridley with some running def and I too saw the need for another big man to develop. My Friday night phantom is due tonight and it maybe to your liking.
*just pointing out it was already completed yesterday before I even saw your comment so you cant take any credit and I do not adjust mine on users comments on who they would like at their team. 👍

Currently six senior list vacancies.
Correct, but it is very much doubted they will use 6. Most teams this year, with the 3 mid season supp signing periods next year and there is the DFA and rookie draft after the National draft will be leaving a spot or 2 open for such periods. That all being said I personally do not see Essendon using 6 picks this year. Maybe 5.

*per AFL “ the minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up by as little as 36 senior players and 1 rookie.
To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, 4-6 cat A rookies and 2 cat B rookies“.

agreed. It will be a tough call though as this years there will be so many players drafted in other years that will miss out, so there is a heap to take into consideration at that pick point. There will be really big surprise picks too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Friday - 20-11-2020 Phantom Draft
SOME CHANGES FROM LAST WEEK, SOME ON GUT INSTINCT, SOME OFF SCUTTLEBUTT

:adelaide: RILEY THILTHORPE
:north: LOGAN MCDONALD
:bulldogs: JAMARRA UGLE-HAGEN BID BY SYDNEY MATCHED
:sydney:
DENVER GRAINGER-BARRAS
:hawthorn:ELIJAH HOLLANDS
:goldcoast: WILL PHILLIPS
:essendon: TANNER BRUHN
:essendon:NIK COX
:sydney:BRAEDEN CAMPBELL BID BY ESSENDON MATCHED
:port:LACHLAN JONES BID BY ESSENDON MATCHED
:essendon:ARCHIE PERKINS
:adelaide: NATHAN O'DRISCOLL
:gws:HEATH CHAPMAN
:north: OLIVER HENRY
:freo: JACK CARROLL
:gws:FINLAY MACRAE
:collingwood: ZACH REID
:collingwood: REEF MCINNESS BID BY GWS MATCHED
:gws:BRAYDEN COOK
:richmond: EDDIE FORD
:melbourne: CALEB POULTER
:freo: BRANDON WALKER BID BY MELBOURNE MATCHED
:hawthorn:
CONNER DOWNIE BID BY MELBOURNE MATCHED
:melbourne:
ISIAH WINDER
:gws:JACK GINNIVAN
:stkilda: ZAVIER MAHER

IMO - OTHERS THAT COULD SNEAK INTO THE FIRST ROUND FROM RUMOURS ARE - MAX HEATH, TOM POWELL, ERROL GULDEN, SHANNON NEALE, BAILEY LAURIE, JOEL WESTERN, SAM BERRY, BLAKE COLEMAN, ZANE TREW, CODY BRAND - HOWEVER I DO NOT SEE ANY OF THEM FALLING BEFORE MELBOURNE'S FIRST PICK

SOME CHANGES FROM LAST WEEK, SOME ON GUT INSTINCT, SOME OFF SCUTTLEBUTT

:adelaide: RILEY THILTHORPE
:north: LOGAN MCDONALD
:bulldogs: JAMARRA UGLE-HAGEN BID BY SYDNEY MATCHED
:sydney:
DENVER GRAINGER-BARRAS
:hawthorn:ELIJAH HOLLANDS
:goldcoast: WILL PHILLIPS
:essendon: TANNER BRUHN
:essendon:NIK COX
:sydney:BRAEDEN CAMPBELL BID BY ESSENDON MATCHED
:port:LACHLAN JONES BID BY ESSENDON MATCHED
:essendon:ARCHIE PERKINS
:adelaide: NATHAN O'DRISCOLL
:gws:HEATH CHAPMAN
:north: OLIVER HENRY
:freo: JACK CARROLL
:gws:FINLAY MACRAE
:collingwood: ZACH REID
:collingwood: REEF MCINNESS BID BY GWS MATCHED
:gws:BRAYDEN COOK
:richmond: EDDIE FORD
:melbourne: CALEB POULTER
:freo: BRANDON WALKER BID BY MELBOURNE MATCHED
:hawthorn:
CONNER DOWNIE BID BY MELBOURNE MATCHED
:melbourne:
ISIAH WINDER
:gws:JACK GINNIVAN
:stkilda: ZAVIER MAHER

IMO - OTHERS THAT COULD SNEAK INTO THE FIRST ROUND FROM RUMOURS ARE - MAX HEATH, TOM POWELL, ERROL GULDEN, SHANNON NEALE, BAILEY LAURIE, JOEL WESTERN, SAM BERRY, BLAKE COLEMAN, ZANE TREW, CODY BRAND - HOWEVER I DO NOT SEE ANY OF THEM FALLING BEFORE MELBOURNE'S FIRST PICK
Cox ahead of Reid? What’s your thinking around that?

Only my opinion but I see Cox as a more natural footballer, better back man and I think his skills and efficiency is better than Reid’s. I rate them both but see Reid as more of a raw prospect that you could develop as a utility and Cox as one that could already put in as a utility. Upside on both is big but Cox is my favourite of the 2.

I'm almost certain Hawthorn will trade up into the teens somehow, and if not and a bid comes for Downie before our second pick we'll pass.

We've been pretty open about wanting to get into the first round with a second pick. Also, Downie was meant to play this year as an inside mid because that part of game requires a fair bit of work. He obviously missed a very important development year. We'd only match a bid if we believe he is the best player available at that point and I just get this feeling there will be other players the Hawks rate a bit higher.

I'm almost certain Hawthorn will trade up into the teens somehow, and if not and a bid comes for Downie before our second pick we'll pass.

We've been pretty open about wanting to get into the first round with a second pick. Also, Downie was meant to play this year as an inside mid because that part of game requires a fair bit of work. He obviously missed a very important development year. We'd only match a bid if we believe he is the best player available at that point and I just get this feeling there will be other players the Hawks rate a bit higher.
So - like pick 9 for your 2021 1st?

Essendon will maybe have 4 live picks so Eyre may go to someone else if they bid after Essendon take Brand as their 4th live pick. If they want Eyre they will be hoping nobody bids on him, and then keep a spot on the list open for supp pick or signing openings due next season. I funnily enough see your point AND agree in principle. I took into account the dons future backline which will be mostly containing BZT and Ridley with some running def and I too saw the need for another big man to develop. My Friday night phantom is due tonight and it maybe to your liking.
*just pointing out it was already completed yesterday before I even saw your comment so you cant take any credit and I do not adjust mine on users comments on who they would like at their team. 👍
Well looks pretty good there. Perkins and Cox 👌👌. Not sure about Bruhn with the footy he has missed but do like his skills which is an area we lack in.
What's your opinion on them trading one of the picks for pies 16 and future 1st. I would love them to do that and target an O'driscoll or Poulter with 16. And the extra first next year will be like gold.

Well looks pretty good there. Perkins and Cox 👌👌. Not sure about Bruhn with the footy he has missed but do like his skills which is an area we lack in.
What's your opinion on them trading one of the picks for pies 16 and future 1st. I would love them to do that and target an O'driscoll or Poulter with 16. And the extra first next year will be like gold.
it would be one option. I doubt, on the night, O'Driscoll lasts till then, but Poulter is a big chance. Collingwood are hoping to get one pick in before their current first, but all indications recently are that a reef mcinness bid may not come till after their first anyway, So they may not be interested. i do not doubt his talent and am a big fan myself, but the boy is a long way from having any sort of tank worthwhile to be considered a mid at afl level. On the night pick trading this year will be huge IMO, very interested to see what happens.

it would be one option. I doubt, on the night, O'Driscoll lasts till then, but Poulter is a big chance. Collingwood are hoping to get one pick in before their current first, but all indications recently are that a reef mcinness bid may not come till after their first anyway, So they may not be interested. i do not doubt his talent and am a big fan myself, but the boy is a long way from having any sort of tank worthwhile to be considered a mid at afl level. On the night pick trading this year will be huge IMO, very interested to see what happens.
Could just be that they guarantee themselves of getting a pick in prior to a bid. Would love that future 1st but happy to take 3 early picks if it can't happen.

So - like pick 9 for your 2021 1st?

More like pick 23 and one of our picks in the 40s for one of the GWS picks in the teens. Dependent on points of course. Could include a future second instead.

Then use later picks to match a Downie bid. I just really can't see us using that pick 23 on him outright. Unless we rate him even higher than many doing these phantom drafts.

We (and I believe mistakenly) passed on matching a Mosquito bid a couple of years back. We have form.

More like pick 23 and one of our picks in the 40s for one of the GWS picks in the teens. Dependent on points of course. Could include a future second instead.
What? Why on earth would GWS do that? Hand over a pick in the teens for a pick mid-20s and one we wouldn't use? That's just losing 10 slots for zero gain - completely illogical.

What? Why on earth would GWS do that? Hand over a pick in the teens for a pick mid-20s and one we wouldn't use? That's just losing 10 slots for zero gain - completely illogical.

Yeah I don't understand the points. Was just am example of what Hawthorn could attempt to do to give themselves a higher selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back