Kane McGoodwin

TheBrownDog
May 21, 2001
Floating around the Universe
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Adam Kelly straight up said that was their focus, hiring coaches with experience developing younger players.
So we are now bringing in coaches from Hawthorn, West Coast & Geelong all with reasonable credentials... so should give us a better understanding of successful programs.

Vhaluus

Brownlow Medallist
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
And Bassett. If Port win the flag that will be another.
Well winning a flag or not shouldn't really make a difference on the quality of the coaches.

But we have seen in recent years Port has done extremely well at developing their youth.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
So we are now bringing in coaches from Hawthorn, West Coast & Geelong all with reasonable credentials... so should give us a better understanding of successful programs.
I think Burns has only been at Hawthorn since 2018, so not exactly a successful era for that club. Was at West Coast from 2008 - 2013, then 4 years at Collingwood where I think they failed to play finals, that took him through most of Hawthorn's dominant period, then the past few years at Hawthorn where they've been pretty average. That's not to suggest he's a bad coach, just that the successful periods at those clubs haven't necessarily been during the times that he's been there.

Hawker55

Premium Gold
Mar 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Denver Broncos
Sorry to butt in, but I don't think you'll find many Hawthorn people sad to see Burns go. He has always been highly rated, but to be honest our midfield hasn't been great under him, especially around stoppages.

SaltPeter

"I’m a professional bullshitter"
Suspended
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Sorry to butt in, but I don't think you'll find many Hawthorn people sad to see Burns go. He has always been highly rated, but to be honest our midfield hasn't been great under him, especially around stoppages.
Maybe just as well he taking over as the line of defensive coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad