News James Rahilly departs Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

I read somewhere that he is currently in charge of development at the Cats, not sure if this is true? We need to increase the focus on our development coaching side, so would be happy if we brought him over with that as his main focus.

I read somewhere that he is currently in charge of development at the Cats, not sure if this is true? We need to increase the focus on our development coaching side, so would be happy if we brought him over with that as his main focus.
Adam Kelly straight up said that was their focus, hiring coaches with experience developing younger players.

Not really a position I'd consider Geelongs strength, but he's an improvement over our old one I guess

Geelong were #1 this year for points for and have regularly been in the top 4 highest scoring teams over the last 5 years.

I definitely think it's going to be a massive step up from Ben Hart.

Geelong were #1 this year for points for and have regularly been in the top 4 highest scoring teams over the last 5 years.

Don't worry about him, he'd find a bunch of negatives if he won lotto

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would throw a party for the big footy board. VB on tap all night.:)

We should have a party the day Chappy leaves. Everyone can post gifs, music videos and photos of what they are drinking.

More on the back of their midfield talent than any outstanding positioning in their foward line.

There is a reason Scott throws Danger forward in key games.

More on the back of their midfield talent than any outstanding positioning in their foward line.

That's the kind of what he was saying though. They've dumped a huge amount of resources into their midfield without paying enough attention to their forward line. They've managed to snag some gun mature agers for their midfield and defense over the years while their forward line got duds like Mitch Clarke, Josh Jenkins and recruited duds like Wylie Buzza. (lol)

Geelong doesn't have the forward personnel. Hawkins is hit and miss and was bloody awful against Powaa. Miers is average and has been terrible lately. Gaz is cooked. Danger is a needed in the engine room. They have no premier small forward, Rohan is inconsistent, Dahlhaus is average and Ratugolea is in and out of the side. Shut down Hawkins and they are pretty much done.

And they do this without a particularly talented forward line, Hawkins aside

That's the kind of what he was saying though. They've dumped a huge amount of resources into their midfield without paying enough attention to their forward line. They've managed to snag some gun mature agers for their midfield and defense over the years while their forward line got duds like Mitch Clarke, Josh Jenkins and recruited duds like Wylie Buzza. (lol)

well no that is what ABAB said last page and I agreed with him.

What Relapse is saying is 'lots of points for.. must be a good forward line!' which IMO is overly simplistic, the same as mutineer trying to claim clearances = good midfield in another thread.

Geelong doesn't have the forward personnel. Hawkins is hit and miss and was bloody awful against Powaa. Miers is average and has been terrible lately. Gaz is cooked. Danger is a needed in the engine room. They have no premier small forward, Rohan is inconsistent, Dahlhaus is average and Ratugolea is in and out of the side. Shut down Hawkins and they are pretty much done.
Port didn't even shut him down, he just kicked very poorly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back