News James Rahilly departs Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Kelly straight up said that was their focus, hiring coaches with experience developing younger players.
So we are now bringing in coaches from Hawthorn, West Coast & Geelong all with reasonable credentials... so should give us a better understanding of successful programs.

And Bassett. If Port win the flag that will be another.

Well winning a flag or not shouldn't really make a difference on the quality of the coaches.

But we have seen in recent years Port has done extremely well at developing their youth.

So we are now bringing in coaches from Hawthorn, West Coast & Geelong all with reasonable credentials... so should give us a better understanding of successful programs.

I think Burns has only been at Hawthorn since 2018, so not exactly a successful era for that club. Was at West Coast from 2008 - 2013, then 4 years at Collingwood where I think they failed to play finals, that took him through most of Hawthorn's dominant period, then the past few years at Hawthorn where they've been pretty average. That's not to suggest he's a bad coach, just that the successful periods at those clubs haven't necessarily been during the times that he's been there.

Sorry to butt in, but I don't think you'll find many Hawthorn people sad to see Burns go. He has always been highly rated, but to be honest our midfield hasn't been great under him, especially around stoppages.

Sorry to butt in, but I don't think you'll find many Hawthorn people sad to see Burns go. He has always been highly rated, but to be honest our midfield hasn't been great under him, especially around stoppages.
Maybe just as well he taking over as the line of defensive coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's lucky for us that he didn't get that essendon list manager job otherwise we would have had to give it to one of our other assistant coaches
We???

First ACOTY win since Craig in ‘03 (which was the first year of the award FWIW)

Great to see him get some recognition. You’d think this might put him in more conversations for promotions

First ACOTY win since Craig in ‘03 (which was the first year of the award FWIW)

Great to see him get some recognition. You’d think this might put him in more conversations for promotions
I have never heard his name mentioned when senior coaching jobs open up but it won't be long I guess

Remove this Banner Ad

Back