Snap up the TAB's $2.20 Hot Pies.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm strange...sportsbet had pies for $7.50 1-39....clearly a mistake - chucked a $50 on, but seconds later it was gone. My bet is still there though... edit: ah they had the 40+ and 1-39 around the wrong way - fixed now. Wonder if my bet will be allowed to stand!

I had a couple of similar occurrences, although the prices were not way over the mark, and the books have never queried the bet or not paid out. But if the bet was substantial enough (mine were not) you would probably be queried or challenged. In the above case of the Pies @ $7.50 someone may have been racked over the knuckles for such an error. They could understandably limit or close a punter's account due to the fine print of Membership and Betting Rules if they were so inclined.

I remember Global Sportsbet (now Sportsalive) once had a boxing match listed for hours after the event had been decided. An NBA game featuring the underdog Chicago Bulls at about $2.10 was once still listed early in the second quarter when the Bulls were about 12 points in front They eventually lost! Betstar once had a baseball play-off game listed well into the second inning. And seemingly only removed after I e-mailed them asking why it was listed as the Indians' pitcher CC Sabbathia got hammered in the first inning and was lucky to only give up four runs, and things were going south in a hurry in the second inning. I never got a reply as I don't think they embraced my attempted humour. I never got a reply or thank-you on the boxing notification e-mail either.

The one and only time I did get challenged on a bet was several years ago when Sportsbet.com had a gridiron game listed several hours after the result. Due to Hurricane Ivan the Miami Dolphins vs. Tennessee Titans game was moved from Sunday to Saturday. Every other book made the alteration, except Sportsbet. Believing, as a novice, that any bets would be voided I placed a bet for one dollar on the victorious road Titans to see what would happen. I e-mailed Sportsbet a number of times on Sunday morning and got no result. Then early on Sunday afternoon I logged on to "Live Chat" and dropped some attempted Groucho Marx-type line liners and logged off without waiting around for an expected non-reply. Within two minutes the phone rang and it was a panic-voiced bloke from Sportsbet enquiring about the bet. I informed him it was me that had just notified them of the mistake and he thanked me very much, cancelled the bet, and gave me a $20.00 free bet for my honesty.:thumbsu: I never asked whether a substantial bet would have been honoured as it was pretty obvious that my one buck winning bet was doomed.

So just as the error on the 1-39 Pies was briefly listed, there will be the odd faux pas by the Books. But due to improved software, communications, and better practices, these occurrences should be very rare.

As for the Pies v Cats, the better early priced 7&1 hot Pies are seemingly the better value as their fans will probably bring them in closer to the bounce. After getting the Pies at $2.12 I'll be off-laying the almost injury-free Cats in a multi before the bounce and during the game should the Pies turn cold. This is a 50-50 betting game and the "will want this game more" stuff is not much help on the punt.

One last thing on the "hedge" advice, Jezah. You clearly must cover those other options suggested but don't forget 1-39, 40+, and the Cats $1.76, leaves one important option that can rain on your $7.50 price: the dreaded draw.:( Get a fiver on that $#@&! Draw. :mad: If a game could end as a draw this year it certainly could be this one.;)

I got on a dream team bet market last year that was left open after Stanton had played on the Friday night. He scored 140ish and was against Ablett and Bartel so I put $200 on him @ $3ish. Got an email the next day saying it had been left open due to an error and my money was refunded. This sucked because he ended up winning easily. This was sportingbet BTW.

I got on a dream team bet market last year that was left open after Stanton had played on the Friday night. He scored 140ish and was against Ablett and Bartel so I put $200 on him @ $3ish. Got an email the next day saying it had been left open due to an error and my money was refunded. This sucked because he ended up winning easily. This was sportingbet BTW.

That makes me laugh coz the same thing happened to me at Sportingbet once however I lost because another player pipped mine by a bit and guess what? They took my money. However it was worth the odds though and I consider myself unlucky, but from reading ur post if I won they wouldnt have paid me out i reckon :(

That makes me laugh coz the same thing happened to me at Sportingbet once however I lost because another player pipped mine by a bit and guess what? They took my money. However it was worth the odds though and I consider myself unlucky, but from reading ur post if I won they wouldnt have paid me out i reckon :(
Yeah I get the feeling that's how it would work too.

My email:
Due to an oversight, the Sportingbet Superstars event First Round Favourites A was left open past the official starting time of 19:10 ACST.

As a result of this error, all bets that were placed past the scheduled commencement have been voided and the stake returned to your Sportingbet Australia account. If the above selection is part of a multiple bet, the multi will be re-calculated without the team/competitor included.

I'm just looking back to find the amount now. The odds were 3.05 and I think I put about $230 to win $500 so it was quite annoying. As some conselation it seems like I put $10 on Stanton before the market was meant to close so I won that bet.

Should of emailed them something along the lines of "oh I didn't realise it was for this weeks market is it possible to get a refund etc." Either money back or a guarantee for your account that in future all bets placed in similar circumstances are in fact 'live'.

Awww....they voided the bet :(

"This e-mail is to inform you that all bets placed on the Collingwood 1 – 39 Margin @ $7.50 have been cancelled due to an incorrect price being entered. I have listed the relevant rule below.

33. Notwithstanding anything contained elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, if Sportsbet publishes, posts or quotes any incorrect betting information for any sporting event, such as posting wrong dividends or lines, then regardless of the cause or source of such error:

33.1. If an error is identified before, during or after an event, the Member whose bet on that event has been accepted or confirmed by Sportsbet, the bet/s may be void and the Member will be notified.

33.2. If Sportsbet can demonstrate that the error was manifest or obvious, or that the Member
otherwise should reasonably have been aware of the error when the bet was placed, all bets shall be void."

I had $50 on that aswell, got the email last night.

Just had a call from Sportsbet's marketing department saying they would pay me out if it wins, minus the stake which was refunded. They said I'd get an email so I had it in writing so we'll wait and see...

So I'm looking at $325 if Collingwood win 1-39. Never thought I'd say this but...Go Pies!

I assume you guys have had the call aswell?

The big punters are on the pies too, seems they all follow Big Woofer and Bigfooty.:D:p

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/94727/default.aspx

REIGNING premier Geelong has been the competition benchmark for more than three years, is the current flag favourite and is odds-on to defeat Collingwood, but undaunted punters are risking thousands on a Pies win at the MCG on Friday night, including bets of a $110,000 and $80,000 at odds of $2.07.

Centrebet’s Neil Evans and Sportsbet.com.au’s Haydn Lane confirmed the massive wagers on Collingwood yesterday and bookmakers around the country are also reporting widespread support for the white-hot Magpies.

Got my piece of the Pies at about 2.15 earlier in the week once I knew Wellingham was returning.:thumbsu::)

Just got on at $2.30 for Collingwood tonight ......$2.25 is still available and +6.5 at the $2.00 line for those who like them tonight.

turfaccounts.com.au

I had $50 on that aswell, got the email last night.

Just had a call from Sportsbet's marketing department saying they would pay me out if it wins, minus the stake which was refunded. They said I'd get an email so I had it in writing so we'll wait and see...

So I'm looking at $325 if Collingwood win 1-39. Never thought I'd say this but...Go Pies!

I assume you guys have had the call aswell?
Yep just got another email from them, turns out they will honor it (minus the $50):

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear Jeremy,

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]G'day, if you don't already know me, I'm Jack - the fair go bloke who works for sportsbet.com.au.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I understand you had a bet on the Pies 1-39 margin at $7.50 and the bet was cancelled. Rules are rules, fair enough, but sometimes rules ought to be broken. I'm writing to confirm WE WILL PAYOUT YOUR BET. The payout will be less your stake, eg. a wager for $50 will be paid $325.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just to let you know, you won't see a Bet in your account, but should the Pies win 1-39 you have my word we will payout your bet and will credit your winnings to your account on Saturday morning.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I wish you the best on the punt and hope the Pies bring home the bacon! And remember, check my offers every day on the Sportsbet website and call on Jack if you cop a really bad beat, and I'll see what I can do to fix it for you."[/FONT]

Yep, they refunded the $50 already. If collingwood loses, that original $50 is still mine (except I also win my hedge bet :p)...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep just got another email from them, turns out they will honor it (minus the $50):

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear Jeremy,

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]G'day, if you don't already know me, I'm Jack - the fair go bloke who works for sportsbet.com.au.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I understand you had a bet on the Pies 1-39 margin at $7.50 and the bet was cancelled. Rules are rules, fair enough, but sometimes rules ought to be broken. I'm writing to confirm WE WILL PAYOUT YOUR BET. The payout will be less your stake, eg. a wager for $50 will be paid $325.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just to let you know, you won't see a Bet in your account, but should the Pies win 1-39 you have my word we will payout your bet and will credit your winnings to your account on Saturday morning.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I wish you the best on the punt and hope the Pies bring home the bacon! And remember, check my offers every day on the Sportsbet website and call on Jack if you cop a really bad beat, and I'll see what I can do to fix it for you."[/FONT]

lol
they are such scum buckets sportsbet, look at them trying to make out that they are a decent bookie, they obviously have taken more betting on geelong.
"fair go bloke" lmao what a god damn joke
how about a fair go of some accounts being able to put more than 20 bucks without being taken to the request page?
how about a fair go of not declining my bet and then going and changing the price without accepting anything
bunch of PR w***ers.

Thank you for posting this earlier :thumbsu:

May 21 2010, 05:31 PM Collingwood vs Geelong 2: (Straight) Geelong @ 1.72
$100
$0​

nxtjmp_tennis.gif
May 21 2010, 05:31 PM Leonardo Mayer vs Fernando Verdasco - Match Betting 2: (Straight) Fernando Verdasco @ 1.48
$172
$0​

nxtjmp_AFL.gif
May 21 2010, 05:31 PM North Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs 2: (Straight) Western Bulldogs @ 1.23
$255
$0

No problem Einstein :thumbsu: Bad luck tonight ay

$100

$0​

nxtjmp_tennis.gif

May 21 2010, 05:31 PM Leonardo Mayer vs Fernando Verdasco - Match Betting 2: (Straight) Fernando Verdasco @ 1.48
$172

$0​

nxtjmp_AFL.gif

May 21 2010, 05:31 PM North Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs 2: (Straight) Western Bulldogs @ 1.23
$255

$0​

No problem Einstein :thumbsu: Bad luck tonight ay​
Still what's the point of saying 'easy money' after? It's not really contributing to the thread and you would hardly come out and say 'lost money' if the pies got up.

$100
$0​

nxtjmp_tennis.gif
$172
$0​

nxtjmp_AFL.gif
$255
$0

No problem Einstein :thumbsu: Bad luck tonight ay

Easy to post now that you have won champ....

Chevy Chase said it best in Fletch:

"It takes a big man to admit when you're wrong.....I am not a big man!";)

In all seriousness, well done to the geelong backers you called it well, i felt pretty let down by coll's kicking but geelong were a class above in front of goal.

This game is exactly why i never "load up" any one game as we can all get it wrong no matter how confident you are.

I thought this thread was a bit of fun & has prompted a lot of different opinions, will be interesting to see how many people who didn't post before come out & tell me how wrong i got the game!

I plan on redemption with Sydney & Port Adelaide line bets today.

Take Geelong $1.92 on the line. Easy money. We will give the pies a footy lesson on Friday night.

Had a go at this and then spotted Geelong at $2.30 for under 39.5 and had a good crack at that as well. Collingwood are our bunnies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back