Snap up the TAB's $2.20 Hot Pies.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Didnt Geelong miss the same numbers of shots at goal as Collingwood?

Would you like me to congratulate you again for backing geelong?????

I thought Coll's misses in the 3rd qtr when they had the run of play cost them any chance, but sure geel missed some too. Given coll lost i felt let down by their kicking.

Would you like me to congratulate you again for backing geelong?????

I thought Coll's misses in the 3rd qtr when they had the run of play cost them any chance, but sure geel missed some too. Given coll lost i felt let down by their kicking.

I would be more let down by Collingwood's team of downhill skiers rather then their missed chances.

There is nothing wrong with being wrong. Its just that if you go to the length of creating a separate thread with the title "Snap up hot Pies" its a bit over the top and you lose some credibility. I have seen some of your other bets which have been good.

I would be more let down by Collingwood's team of downhill skiers rather then their missed chances.

This is a stupid comment imo. In what way are they 'downhill skiers? They have been the best travelling team in the competition the last 3 or 4 years and have been able to win a lot of big games. They seem to have to play "blockbusters" every week against teams that go up 1 or 2 % against them.

They have a though gamestyle which is reliant on defensive pressure, long kicks, and tackling. If anything, over the last couple of years I would say they have shown an ability to respond every time they lose some momentum or when they look to be falling down the ladder.

Super effort by the Cats......... Pies had everything going for them when
a few goals up early in the third....... class act....
No regrets...... backing the Pies at $2.30...... I rated them a $1.90 shot.
Kicking myself i only had half stakes on the Hawks though.

Don't worry pies backers, place all your hard earned on us over the next 3 weeks, and you will get more then your money back.

We have the Lions off an 8 day break vs a 6 day break, then another 8 day break to the Dogs game, and then Melbourne on Queen's Birthday.

If you are patient enough too, you can then pile all your winnings from those 3 games into the Sydney game after our bye, which is a certain win given our history at the Olympic Stadium.

(I know this may blow up in my face, but I am looking at the next 4 weeks to be the base of my AFL punting season).

This is a stupid comment imo. In what way are they 'downhill skiers? They have been the best travelling team in the competition the last 3 or 4 years and have been able to win a lot of big games. They seem to have to play "blockbusters" every week against teams that go up 1 or 2 % against them.

They have a though gamestyle which is reliant on defensive pressure, long kicks, and tackling. If anything, over the last couple of years I would say they have shown an ability to respond every time they lose some momentum or when they look to be falling down the ladder.

Davis, Didak, Toovey, Thomas, O'Bree, Macaffe0r, Wood are downhill skiers.

I had a couple of similar occurrences, although the prices were not way over the mark, and the books have never queried the bet or not paid out. But if the bet was substantial enough (mine were not) you would probably be queried or challenged. In the above case of the Pies @ $7.50 someone may have been racked over the knuckles for such an error. They could understandably limit or close a punter's account due to the fine print of Membership and Betting Rules if they were so inclined.

I remember Global Sportsbet (now Sportsalive) once had a boxing match listed for hours after the event had been decided. An NBA game featuring the underdog Chicago Bulls at about $2.10 was once still listed early in the second quarter when the Bulls were about 12 points in front They eventually lost! Betstar once had a baseball play-off game listed well into the second inning. And seemingly only removed after I e-mailed them asking why it was listed as the Indians' pitcher CC Sabbathia got hammered in the first inning and was lucky to only give up four runs, and things were going south in a hurry in the second inning. I never got a reply as I don't think they embraced my attempted humour. I never got a reply or thank-you on the boxing notification e-mail either.

The one and only time I did get challenged on a bet was several years ago when Sportsbet.com had a gridiron game listed several hours after the result. Due to Hurricane Ivan the Miami Dolphins vs. Tennessee Titans game was moved from Sunday to Saturday. Every other book made the alteration, except Sportsbet. Believing, as a novice, that any bets would be voided I placed a bet for one dollar on the victorious road Titans to see what would happen. I e-mailed Sportsbet a number of times on Sunday morning and got no result. Then early on Sunday afternoon I logged on to "Live Chat" and dropped some attempted Groucho Marx-type line liners and logged off without waiting around for an expected non-reply. Within two minutes the phone rang and it was a panic-voiced bloke from Sportsbet enquiring about the bet. I informed him it was me that had just notified them of the mistake and he thanked me very much, cancelled the bet, and gave me a $20.00 free bet for my honesty.:thumbsu: I never asked whether a substantial bet would have been honoured as it was pretty obvious that my one buck winning bet was doomed.

So just as the error on the 1-39 Pies was briefly listed, there will be the odd faux pas by the Books. But due to improved software, communications, and better practices, these occurrences should be very rare.

As for the Pies v Cats, the better early priced 7&1 hot Pies are seemingly the better value as their fans will probably bring them in closer to the bounce. After getting the Pies at $2.12 I'll be off-laying the almost injury-free Cats in a multi before the bounce and during the game should the Pies turn cold. This is a 50-50 betting game and the "will want this game more" stuff is not much help on the punt.

One last thing on the "hedge" advice, Jezah. You clearly must cover those other options suggested but don't forget 1-39, 40+, and the Cats $1.76, leaves one important option that can rain on your $7.50 price: the dreaded draw.:( Get a fiver on that $#@&! Draw. :mad: If a game could end as a draw this year it certainly could be this one.;)

Why would you tell them? Don't understand that. But I've seen several mistakes on Sportsbet over the years. There were several cricket matches in which the market for the coin-toss was left open until well after it had taken place - half an hour!

I believe this was due to the different time zones in Australia - but geez, I was surprised a betting company wouldn't be aware that there are different time zones all around Australia!

Also - a few years ago Sportsbet always closed their rugby league markets 5-6 mins into the first half. Very strange. Especially given some of these markets included first try scorer, first points scorer etc.

Cleaned up a few times on these.

Also had ice hockey and nba games being advertised as betting open until well after the matches were completed! Literally dozens of times over a few months.

It seems their systems were very shoddy, I almost wonder if it was some kind of inside job some of it.

lol
they are such scum buckets sportsbet, look at them trying to make out that they are a decent bookie, they obviously have taken more betting on geelong.
"fair go bloke" lmao what a god damn joke
how about a fair go of some accounts being able to put more than 20 bucks without being taken to the request page?
how about a fair go of not declining my bet and then going and changing the price without accepting anything
bunch of PR w***ers.

Agreed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is nothing wrong with being wrong. Its just that if you go to the length of creating a separate thread with the title "Snap up hot Pies" its a bit over the top and you lose some credibility. I have seen some of your other bets which have been good.

Fair enough, but i did do the same thing for the NBA sunday morning & those bets went 2 from 2, did the same thing for the SuperBowl.....sometimes its as much to have a bit of fun (& to hear some different view points) discussing the betting on 1 particular game which can get lost in a long round 9 thread.

You're proably right, it was a bit over the top, i am usually a lot more measured in my bets--i just thought it seemed great odds at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back