Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
If you're contemplating going just go. Don't wait for hotel/flights to sky rocket. Don't leave it to the last minute. If you have to fork out 1000+ for a ticket, do it. You're team might be in the Granny and you could miss out on a once in a life time opportunity. Even if your team doesn't make it who gives a fu**. It's worth it. And you'll save yourself the time/stress of doing last minute s**t at 3 times the price anyway. Book now and you'll save money later that you're worried about now.

So many people missed out last year, 2017, 2016 etc.
Posted August 4.

If you're Pies-Tigers fan better get on to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Hilarious.

Cheapest one I can see is $1780
Indeed. But If you read my initial posts including the one I quoted, that explains all.

What are the chances you're going to get one in the ballot?
If you have the money, just do it. While you still can.

Once in a life time won't hurt you.

yeee_haaaa!!!!!

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2010
prahran
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do you think Victorian players still drive themselves to the ground on Grand Final day or do they get a bus together?
My plan would be to break into a participating player's car the night before and hide in the boot in a suit, lanyard, high vis and with a walkie talkie.
Hope they player doesn't use the boot in the morning and bingo bango, your in the MCG underground car park.
You are also in a part of the ground you have no business being in hence the suite etc. to look important as you make you way to the public area.
Best part of the plan is you can choose a player you dislike and leave a bottle of your piss and a paper bag with your s**t in it in his boot from the overnight camp.
Unfortunately in this day and age every car entering the ground is searched. I suppose you could say you'd started searching it in the queue and fallen in with it locking on top of you

BIRDBRAIN

Club Legend
Suspended
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Find out what entrance the half-time entertainment crew come through. You and a mate show up looking like a bunch of band roadies with lanyards and carrying a massive expensive looking piece of equipment like an huge amplifier or something. Make it look like you're struggling to carry it and need to get it in there in a hurry, there should be some large gate they can open so you can carry it in. All you say is 'Open the gate, we're with the band'.

FootyJunkie

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 5, 2005
Between the Big Sticks
AFL Club
West Coast
Find out what entrance the half-time entertainment crew come through. You and a mate show up looking like a bunch of band roadies with lanyards and carrying a massive expensive looking piece of equipment like an huge amplifier or something. Make it look like you're struggling to carry it and need to get it in there in a hurry, there should be some large gate they can open so you can carry it in. All you say is 'Open the gate, we're with the band'.
what to do with the expensive equipment once you're in?

cowboy18

All Australian
Apr 14, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
I was going to sneak in dressed as Tones and I but I have no idea who they are or what they look like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeee_haaaa!!!!!

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2010
prahran
AFL Club
Collingwood
There is a method that works, which i posted last couple of years. You do need 1 valid GF ticket tho. Make a copy of the ticket with a clear bar code on it. Go to the turnstiles with your mate who is using the copied ticket. Scan your tickets at different turnstiles at as close to the same time as possible. When a ticket gets scanned, there is a delay of 1-2 secs in the bar code being retired, meaning the same bar code works again for those 1-2 secs. It's difficult to co-ordinate, and i am not sure whether there is any change in the technology, but this has worked previously

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Hilarious.

Cheapest one I can see is $1780
Indeed. But If you read my initial posts including the one I quoted, that explains all.

What are the chances you're going to get one in the ballot?
If you have the money, just do it. While you still can.

Once in a life time won't hurt you.
That cheapest option at $1760 is now sold out. That's what I anticipated and posted on August 4.

Now most who will miss out in the ballot will be forking out 4k plus if Collingwood and Richmond play off. If they don't make it, well that's literally the price you play and risk you take. At least you're guaranteed a ticket though. If it is the Pies-Tiges, stress and time saved, and a s**t load of money.

Once in a life time.

evo

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 29, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
That cheapest option at $1760 is now sold out. That's what I anticipated and posted on August 4.

Now most who will miss out in the ballot will be forking out 4k plus if Collingwood and Richmond play off. If they don't make it, well that's literally the price you play and risk you take. At least you're guaranteed a ticket though. If it is the Pies-Tiges, stress and time saved, and a s**t load of money.

Once in a life time.
Obviously everyone has a different price point, but to me $1760 is too much for a nosebleed seat when I don't even know if we have made the Granny yet.

BIRDBRAIN

Club Legend
Suspended
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Obviously everyone has a different price point, but to me $1760 is too much for a nosebleed seat when I don't even know if we have made the Granny yet.
I got lucky in the membership ballot last year, $300 for a nosebleeder. Loved it bad very glad not to have paid much more. $500 would be about my limit I reckon.

Top Bottom