Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

evo

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 29, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I got lucky in the membership ballot last year, $300 for a nosebleeder. Loved it bad very glad not to have paid much more. $500 would be about my limit I reckon.
My son and i are gold Richmond members so we'll be in the ballot. I think we have about a 20% chance of getting a regular priced ticket. Its pretty hard with 100k members. And if its a Coll v Rich its going to be even harder.

Luckily I got to go in 2017

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BIRDBRAIN

Club Legend
Suspended
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
My son and i are gold Richmond members so we'll be in the ballot. I think we have about a 20% chance of getting a regular priced ticket. Its pretty hard with 100k members. And if its a Coll v Rich its going to be even harder.

Luckily I got to go in 2017
I reckon one of the reasons I got lucky was I was only asking for 1 ticket. Right at the end of the ballot after all the family groups have gotten lucky there would be spare single seats I reckon and that's where I swoop in and get the highest, last seat in the house :D

nobbyiscool

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 11, 2006
heaven on earth! (Melbourne)
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Raiders/TasTigers/MV/Iggles
How about a storm Area 51-style plan? The more of us that participate, the less the chance of each individual being one of the unlucky captives.
This would actually work - the problem is that people aren't interested in collectivism.

Let's say that if you did this, 1 in 10 people is caught. People won't risk being that one who is caught, fined and maybe banned from the ground despite the 90% chance of personal success.

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
This would actually work - the problem is that people aren't interested in collectivism.

Let's say that if you did this, 1 in 10 people is caught. People won't risk being that one who is caught, fined and maybe banned from the ground despite the 90% chance of personal success.

fu** it I’ll do it , find 8 more and let’s go

Jamurp

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
It’s really all about confidence more than the wacky convoluted method that you end up going for, I feel I’d crumble under the first bit of pressure unfortunately.

I had an idea of going as one of those Chub security guys (might have to knick a uniform off a mate), and rocking up early to the staff entry with an empty secure box and the words ‘classified delivery’, but there’s always the 90% chance they’d think it’s a bomb, so perhaps not.

burge13

Team Captain
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s really all about confidence more than the wacky convoluted method that you end up going for, I feel I’d crumble under the first bit of pressure unfortunately.

I had an idea of going as one of those Chub security guys (might have to knick a uniform off a mate), and rocking up early to the staff entry with an empty secure box and the words ‘classified delivery’, but there’s always the 90% chance they’d think it’s a bomb, so perhaps not.
I think if you're going to do it it's all about confidence. I would also crumble

2 guys got into Mayweathers entourage that walked him to the ring for the McGregor (Might have been Pac) fight. Walked with them like they were supposed to be there, never got caught.

There's also that guy who got in Man United team photos. Plenty of stories of acting like you're important working. Sadly, I don't have the bottle to make it work

99cents

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2011
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Geelong Cats
Some great ideas here

But I’m playing the long game. Nominating for the draft and hoping to get on a team list. Then after debuting and playing 300 games i get AFL life membership and a seat in the AFL members

The best way to see the Grand Final is from on the ground- become an umpire must be easier

99cents

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2011
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Geelong Cats
That cheapest option at $1760 is now sold out. That's what I anticipated and posted on August 4.

Now most who will miss out in the ballot will be forking out 4k plus if Collingwood and Richmond play off. If they don't make it, well that's literally the price you play and risk you take. At least you're guaranteed a ticket though. If it is the Pies-Tiges, stress and time saved, and a s**t load of money.

Once in a life time.
Might be a bit easier if it's GIANTS v Eagles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom