Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

I love this thread first and foremost...

Does anyone think that having a mate who has a paid up ticket inside the ground, slipping it to you through a gap/under a door/through the fence on level two attached to a weight and you catching it on the outside etc etc would work?

Once said ticket is acquired, you then strike up a conversation with an attendant, asking them where it's acceptable to smoke and thanking them cordially, come back 5 mins later to their area and when the ticket doesn't scan you back in, ask how that is possible? If push comes to shove, create such a scene about what you've had to go through to get this ticket, only to be denied entry back in for having a dart that they eventually yield and allow you in?

Conversely, find an unattended turnstyle and scan out and then subsequently in a possibility?

Obviously requires a mate having a ticket, but could be a nice two for one or simply taking advantage of a connnected/rich/die hard friend?

It'd probably work. I do this all the time with a Social Club pass to get people into the area who aren't Social Club members. Amazingly easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worked at the G for 5 years in customer service. Plenty of easy entry points. I've seen people just jump the restaraunt courtyards. And blend into a crowd of 100 easy as you like. Heard of people using staff ids and uniforms and going through the staff entry near the cricket nets. Although they've ramped up security in recent years so it couldn't be done now.

I wouldn't count on the "oh my ticket wont scan me in now I've just gone out for a smoke". Seen it be knocked back countless times.

Hilarious.

Cheapest one I can see is $1780
which sold out 3 or 4 days after you posted this. There were a small number remaining for prices 1900 and 2020 which are now gone.

Now the cheapest one's available are 3k and the next one's 4k as I said would happen. They'll be gone in a few days too. Then scalpers will be selling them for 6k but more likely 8k+ if it's Pies vs Tigers.

Better off taking that punt like I said.

If you're contemplating going just go. Don't wait for hotel/flights to sky rocket. Don't leave it to the last minute. If you have to fork out 1000+ for a ticket, do it. You're team might be in the Granny and you could miss out on a once in a life time opportunity. Even if your team doesn't make it who gives a fu**. It's worth it. And you'll save yourself the time/stress of doing last minute s**t at 3 times the price anyway. Book now and you'll save money later that you're worried about now.

So many people missed out last year, 2017, 2016 etc.
Posted August 4 and would have posted the same thing back in June/July.

Ability to see into the future:cool:

Getting tickets will be almost impossible for most. Sneaking in............yeah nah.

cheapest seats now are 4k evo. Last remaining too. That's from the AFL, Scalpers will be charging double.

I had the 3k ones in my cart. spewing as i could have made 10k :(

Oh well, it'll have to be the 4k ones

If you're a Pies fan & you win, just hide somewhere after today's game. It's a big venue. Under a bar? Behind the practice cricket nets? Climb through an air vent?

You can sneak out and eat the bar snacks

I know this has been posted many times but I want someone to genuinely give it a go! Go on!

If you're a Pies fan & you win, just hide somewhere after today's game. It's a big venue. Under a bar? Behind the practice cricket nets? Climb through an air vent?

You can sneak out and eat the bar snacks

I know this has been posted many times but I want someone to genuinely give it a go! Go on!

You'd have to find some back office room somewhere at the 'G that no one ever check out or goes into for you to crash for 7 nights straight..... Load up on food during the prelim, some container to relieve yourself in, bring some deoderant... Bring a big thick ass book for you to pass the time during the week (Lord of the Rings trilogy should do it).. By Saturday morning you will still stink af, but see the game from the outer and she'll be all right....

Following Monday morning at the office... "how was your week off? Did you catch the granny while you were away?"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back