Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

Gonna have to sail to Perth, then swim up the Swan River and dress up as Adam Gilchrist to get in

If Eddie cant get in what chance do mere mortals in Vic have....

And this is why the AFL grand final should be rotated.

“It will be the first grand final I’ve missed since 1976.”

The 56-year-old also confirmed his two sons were part of the application, both of whom have worked in sports broadcasting.

The fact that some Victorians can make over 40 grand finals in a row, and most others will go to multiple in their life.

Giving grand final priority to MCC or AFL members, is unfair to non-Victorians. All they have to worry about is the price of the ticket (or annual membership), and getting a train to the ground.

Compare that to residents of other cities, who also have to factor in accommodation, flights (which become over priced), eating and time away from work/study. And then multiply it if you want to try and take a family. And that’s if they can secure tickets.

It just wouldn’t be financially viable for someone in WA or SA etc to get an AFL membership (to have priority to the grand final) since they live in the wrong state and are unlikely to just get a train into the city to watch random games to make it worthwhile getting that membership and priority.

Although, is there options to get an AFL membership (so I can get priority to grand finals) and use it at Optus Stadium for my own local games?

Rotating the GF would make it more accessible to more of the countries population. And give everyone the equal opportunity to sneak into a grand final.

Last edited:

Looking like a traditional year with the qualifying winners going through to the big dance. Port Dees.

and he's been at it again. This time he walked out to pitch padded up and took strike before security caught up with him. There's no way Aussie security would let you get that far.

Remember the day a pissedmute came onto the Adelaide Oval just as the players were coming out after tea.

Tony Crafter was there as the person marked out his run , turned , wiped the sweat from his brow - ran in and bowled a perfect fast imaginary off cutter which hit the imaginary batsman halfway up the pad - he turned and did the Lillee HOWZATTTTTT and the crowd erupted when Crafter nodded in the affirmative and raised his finger

Remember the day a pissedmute came onto the Adelaide Oval just as the players were coming out after tea.

Tony Crafter was there as the person marked out his run , turned , wiped the sweat from his brow - ran in and bowled a perfect fast imaginary off cutter which hit the imaginary batsman halfway up the pad - he turned and did the Lillee HOWZATTTTTT and the crowd erupted when Crafter nodded in the affirmative and raised his finger
Would love to see this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw this movie called Rabbit Proof fence once? Bit like when my mates used to sneak into Rainbow Serpent by walking through the bush & over the big hill. I’ll set out tomorrow.

bugs-bunny-albuquerque.gif

Enough, I say Enough, of all this "hard border" bullsh*t over in WA. The state of Western Australia should just bite the bullet and secede from the Commonwealth of Australia. And it should do so within the next 12 days, in time for the Grand Final.

This outcome will have benefits for all concerned.

First, it will satisfy the isolationist impulses of the Sandgropers, who have always wanted to leave anyway.

Second, it will be Good For The Game, as the day that WA declares independence will also be the day that Aussie Rules officially becomes an international sport.

Finally, Demons and Dogs fans should support it the most, not just out of principle but also out of self-interest. It will mean that whoever wins this year's GF will forever be able to boast that they were the Inaugural International Premiers.

What's not to like?

Last edited:
Enough, I say Enough, of all this "hard border" bullsh*t over in WA. The state of Western Australia should just bite the bullet and secede from the Commonwealth of Australia. And it should do so within the next 12 days, in time for the Grand Final.

This outcome will have benefits for all concerned.

First, it will satisfy the isolationist impulses of the Sandgropers, who have always wanted to leave anyway.

Second, it will be Good For The Game, as the day that WA declares independence will also be the day that Aussie Rules officially becomes an international sport.

Finally, Demons and Dogs fans should support it the most, not just out of principle but also out of self-interest. It will mean that whoever wins this year's GF will forever be able to boast that they were the Inaugural International Premiers.

What's not to like?
World Champions would be the preferred phrase I believe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back