Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure I saw a video of a guy that had his mate strapped onto him at the front worn like a fat suit and got into something for free. Think it was just the movies but perhaps if you had a big unit of a guy and a skinny fella you could manage it. The pat down and giggling would give you away though.

Start a facebook page encouraging people (aim it at desperate Dogs fans, invite the ones complaining on the Dogs page they can't get a ticket...yes you have to be a cold-hearted dick for this idea to work) to meet up at a certain point near the MCG and that you'll rush the gates as a large group and get in. Need probably 200+ plus to actually turn up, but aim to get as much media attention as possible. Preferably security/police press releases about how anyone found to be entering without a ticket will be arrested etc.

Turn up to the MCG with your large group, having publicised which gate you'll charge through. Security should be there in force.

Now here's the kicker - you need to be wearing a security uniform, or something that can pass as a security uniform.

As pandemonium ensues, no security guard will realise you're an imposter and not a colleague, and you can just sneak in quietly, maybe tackle someone who is scrambling over the gates to really fit in, and sneak off.

I'm only half-joking...too late for this year though

Start a facebook page encouraging people (aim it at desperate Dogs fans, invite the ones complaining on the Dogs page they can't get a ticket...yes you have to be a cold-hearted dick for this idea to work) to meet up at a certain point near the MCG and that you'll rush the gates as a large group and get in. Need probably 200+ plus to actually turn up, but aim to get as much media attention as possible. Preferably security/police press releases about how anyone found to be entering without a ticket will be arrested etc.

Turn up to the MCG with your large group, having publicised which gate you'll charge through. Security should be there in force.

Now here's the kicker - you need to be wearing a security uniform, or something that can pass as a security uniform.

As pandemonium ensues, no security guard will realise you're an imposter and not a colleague, and you can just sneak in quietly, maybe tackle someone who is scrambling over the gates to really fit in, and sneak off.

I'm only half-joking...too late for this year though
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_disaster

This worked at the 2015 World Cup Final. Maybe this will work for AFL Grand Final.

Step 1: Find two people going to the GF with tickets
Step 2: Find someone willing to lend you their small child (3-5yo)
Step 3: Carry the child in with the two legit tickets
Step 4: One adult stays in but takes the child and scans out both tickets.

Repeat process.

This doesnt work for MCC members as all kids under 6 are now required to get their free tickets from the gate before entry.

Walked into MCC with 2x under 6 kids with nothing more than my standard membership.

Is this a new thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walked into MCC with 2x under 6 kids with nothing more than my standard membership.

Is this a new thing?
Entry for children under six
Children aged 3-5 will be able to access the Reserve free if accompanied by an adult member as per usual.

However, for the grand final they will be required to obtain a ticket for the child prior to entry from the membership services windows. The child’s proof of age may be required.

Children aged two and under (babes in arms) will not require a ticket.

Sooooooooo, anyone going to do the toilet hide between games at Metricon stadium on the weekend? :rainbow:

That would be a nice clean sanitised portable loo I'd say.

lucky I don't remember all kinds of memory with regards to portions of history.

so your wrangling puppet says a lot that I can't remember.. love it though.

I'm sure it hates me though given the triple hundred messages I receive to my name.
92CA0FFB-6C22-4415-BC05-E677851A70A1-1373-000002E187623959.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back