Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blackers

All Australian
Jan 4, 2002
Kowloon Tong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, Denver Broncos, Liverpool
In about 1992, I was with the Fitzroy cheer squad shaking cans at the Prelim Final at VFL Park. We were standing near the members' entrance (with the big football mural) and we watched a bloke scale the outside of the stadium, just to the right of the entrance. He went up about 5 metres before pulling himself onto a ramp and running off. Security followed about 2 or 3 minutes later but I suspect he got away.

Kardinia Boy

Senior List
Jun 6, 2008
Steiglitz
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Canucks
Some great ideas here

But I’m playing the long game. Nominating for the draft and hoping to get on a team list. Then after debuting and playing 300 games i get AFL life membership and a seat in the AFL members
Good plan, but by the time that happens the AFL Members will be taken over by Medallion Club Campaigners and you won't get a seat.

Kardinia Boy

Senior List
Jun 6, 2008
Steiglitz
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Canucks
In about 1992, I was with the Fitzroy cheer squad shaking cans at the Prelim Final at VFL Park. We were standing near the members' entrance (with the big football mural) and we watched a bloke scale the outside of the stadium, just to the right of the entrance. He went up about 5 metres before pulling himself onto a ramp and running off. Security followed about 2 or 3 minutes later but I suspect he got away.

Was it this bloke?

CH Jazz

Senior List
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do you think Victorian players still drive themselves to the ground on Grand Final day or do they get a bus together?
My plan would be to break into a participating player's car the night before and hide in the boot in a suit, lanyard, high vis and with a walkie talkie.
Hope they player doesn't use the boot in the morning and bingo bango, your in the MCG underground car park.
You are also in a part of the ground you have no business being in hence the suite etc. to look important as you make you way to the public area.
Best part of the plan is you can choose a player you dislike and leave a bottle of your piss and a paper bag with your s**t in it in his boot from the overnight camp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Do you think Victorian players still drive themselves to the ground on Grand Final day or do they get a bus together?
My plan would be to break into a participating player's car the night before and hide in the boot in a suit, lanyard, high vis and with a walkie talkie.
Hope they player doesn't use the boot in the morning and bingo bango, your in the MCG underground car park.
You are also in a part of the ground you have no business being in hence the suite etc. to look important as you make you way to the public area.
Best part of the plan is you can choose a player you dislike and leave a bottle of your piss and a paper bag with your s**t in it in his boot from the overnight camp.
Richmond players might park at punt rd which would be a bit of a letdown

PP34

Finals MVP
Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Doubt the players drive seeing as they drink after the game and then head to Crown or wherever their grand final dinner is being held.

But if they did all you would be is a nice surprise for the security guards that open boots.

KissKiss

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Reminds me of a story about a certain commentator who kept forgetting his accreditation to enter the carpark under the MCG. So after a bit of back and forward (Dont you know who I am?) security insisted on doing a full car inspection (I gather to teach him a lesson to stop forgetting his pass). Problem was they found a chainsaw in his boot so he was barred entering the ground. Said commentator then tried to call his big brother to get him to let him in. Big brother told him he is a f-ing moron and to go home and sort it out himself

harrythetiger

Jack Graham That Is
Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
[
Reminds me of a story about a certain commentator who kept forgetting his accreditation to enter the carpark under the MCG. So after a bit of back and forward (Dont you know who I am?) security insisted on doing a full car inspection (I gather to teach him a lesson to stop forgetting his pass). Problem was they found a chainsaw in his boot so he was barred entering the ground. Said commentator then tried to call his big brother to get him to let him in. Big brother told him he is a f-ing moron and to go home and sort it out himself
Does said commentator also edit his own Wikipedia page?

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
If you're contemplating going just go. Don't wait for hotel/flights to sky rocket. Don't leave it to the last minute. If you have to fork out 1000+ for a ticket, do it. You're team might be in the Granny and you could miss out on a once in a life time opportunity. Even if your team doesn't make it who gives a fu**. It's worth it. And you'll save yourself the time/stress of doing last minute s**t at 3 times the price anyway. Book now and you'll save money later that you're worried about now.

So many people missed out last year, 2017, 2016 etc.

JT_the_Man

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 23, 2014
Wonders
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LCFC, LAL, Stars, 49ers, Canadiens
If you're contemplating going just go. Don't wait for hotel/flights to sky rocket. Don't leave it to the last minute. If you have to fork out 1000+ for a ticket, do it. You're team might be in the Granny and you could miss out on a once in a life time opportunity. Even if your team doesn't make it who gives a fu**. It's worth it. And you'll save yourself the time/stress of doing last minute s**t at 3 times the price anyway. Book now and you'll save money later that you're worried about now.

So many people missed out last year, 2017, 2016 etc.
Much more fun to storm the gates, ensuring you take some slow runners in with you so that they get caught instead of you.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
If the Pies play off against the Tige's in the Granny I imagine there'd be a fair few doing their best to sneak past security.

campaigners will be forking out 4-5k a ticket easily. Tige's supporters were paying 3-4 just to play off against the Crows.

Top Bottom