Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

In about 1992, I was with the Fitzroy cheer squad shaking cans at the Prelim Final at VFL Park. We were standing near the members' entrance (with the big football mural) and we watched a bloke scale the outside of the stadium, just to the right of the entrance. He went up about 5 metres before pulling himself onto a ramp and running off. Security followed about 2 or 3 minutes later but I suspect he got away.

Some great ideas here

But I’m playing the long game. Nominating for the draft and hoping to get on a team list. Then after debuting and playing 300 games i get AFL life membership and a seat in the AFL members
Good plan, but by the time that happens the AFL Members will be taken over by Medallion Club Campaigners and you won't get a seat.

In about 1992, I was with the Fitzroy cheer squad shaking cans at the Prelim Final at VFL Park. We were standing near the members' entrance (with the big football mural) and we watched a bloke scale the outside of the stadium, just to the right of the entrance. He went up about 5 metres before pulling himself onto a ramp and running off. Security followed about 2 or 3 minutes later but I suspect he got away.
Was it this bloke?

Do you think Victorian players still drive themselves to the ground on Grand Final day or do they get a bus together?
My plan would be to break into a participating player's car the night before and hide in the boot in a suit, lanyard, high vis and with a walkie talkie.
Hope they player doesn't use the boot in the morning and bingo bango, your in the MCG underground car park.
You are also in a part of the ground you have no business being in hence the suite etc. to look important as you make you way to the public area.
Best part of the plan is you can choose a player you dislike and leave a bottle of your piss and a paper bag with your s**t in it in his boot from the overnight camp.

Do you think Victorian players still drive themselves to the ground on Grand Final day or do they get a bus together?
My plan would be to break into a participating player's car the night before and hide in the boot in a suit, lanyard, high vis and with a walkie talkie.
Hope they player doesn't use the boot in the morning and bingo bango, your in the MCG underground car park.
You are also in a part of the ground you have no business being in hence the suite etc. to look important as you make you way to the public area.
Best part of the plan is you can choose a player you dislike and leave a bottle of your piss and a paper bag with your s**t in it in his boot from the overnight camp.
Richmond players might park at punt rd which would be a bit of a letdown

Doubt the players drive seeing as they drink after the game and then head to Crown or wherever their grand final dinner is being held.

But if they did all you would be is a nice surprise for the security guards that open boots.

Reminds me of a story about a certain commentator who kept forgetting his accreditation to enter the carpark under the MCG. So after a bit of back and forward (Dont you know who I am?) security insisted on doing a full car inspection (I gather to teach him a lesson to stop forgetting his pass). Problem was they found a chainsaw in his boot so he was barred entering the ground. Said commentator then tried to call his big brother to get him to let him in. Big brother told him he is a f-ing moron and to go home and sort it out himself

Alright, here’s the plan.

I show up really early, wearing a full suit and dark shades. Will be equipped with a fake secret police badge.

I’ll simply flash the badge and walk straight through like I own the joint.

Just rock up as Crowd Control Officers and say Gil send you.

Alright, here’s the plan.

I show up really early, wearing a full suit and dark shades. Will be equipped with a fake secret police badge.

I’ll simply flash the badge and walk straight through like I own the joint.

[
Reminds me of a story about a certain commentator who kept forgetting his accreditation to enter the carpark under the MCG. So after a bit of back and forward (Dont you know who I am?) security insisted on doing a full car inspection (I gather to teach him a lesson to stop forgetting his pass). Problem was they found a chainsaw in his boot so he was barred entering the ground. Said commentator then tried to call his big brother to get him to let him in. Big brother told him he is a f-ing moron and to go home and sort it out himself
Does said commentator also edit his own Wikipedia page?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're contemplating going just go. Don't wait for hotel/flights to sky rocket. Don't leave it to the last minute. If you have to fork out 1000+ for a ticket, do it. You're team might be in the Granny and you could miss out on a once in a life time opportunity. Even if your team doesn't make it who gives a *. It's worth it. And you'll save yourself the time/stress of doing last minute s**t at 3 times the price anyway. Book now and you'll save money later that you're worried about now.

So many people missed out last year, 2017, 2016 etc.

If you're contemplating going just go. Don't wait for hotel/flights to sky rocket. Don't leave it to the last minute. If you have to fork out 1000+ for a ticket, do it. You're team might be in the Granny and you could miss out on a once in a life time opportunity. Even if your team doesn't make it who gives a fu**. It's worth it. And you'll save yourself the time/stress of doing last minute s**t at 3 times the price anyway. Book now and you'll save money later that you're worried about now.

Much more fun to storm the gates, ensuring you take some slow runners in with you so that they get caught instead of you.

If the Pies play off against the Tige's in the Granny I imagine there'd be a fair few doing their best to sneak past security.

campaigners will be forking out 4-5k a ticket easily. Tige's supporters were paying 3-4 just to play off against the Crows.

If you're contemplating going just go. Don't wait for hotel/flights to sky rocket. Don't leave it to the last minute. If you have to fork out 1000+ for a ticket, do it. You're team might be in the Granny and you could miss out on a once in a life time opportunity. Even if your team doesn't make it who gives a fu**. It's worth it. And you'll save yourself the time/stress of doing last minute s**t at 3 times the price anyway. Book now and you'll save money later that you're worried about now.

Posted August 4.

If you're Pies-Tigers fan better get on to it.

Hilarious.

Cheapest one I can see is $1780
Indeed. But If you read my initial posts including the one I quoted, that explains all.

What are the chances you're going to get one in the ballot?
If you have the money, just do it. While you still can.

Once in a life time won't hurt you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back