Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

For anyone that can’t be bothered reading the previous 100 pages:

Just get there at the arse crack of dawn wearing a suit and you’re in.

Do you think Victorian players still drive themselves to the ground on Grand Final day or do they get a bus together?
My plan would be to break into a participating player's car the night before and hide in the boot in a suit, lanyard, high vis and with a walkie talkie.
Hope they player doesn't use the boot in the morning and bingo bango, your in the MCG underground car park.
You are also in a part of the ground you have no business being in hence the suite etc. to look important as you make you way to the public area.
Best part of the plan is you can choose a player you dislike and leave a bottle of your piss and a paper bag with your s**t in it in his boot from the overnight camp.

Unfortunately in this day and age every car entering the ground is searched. I suppose you could say you'd started searching it in the queue and fallen in with it locking on top of you

Find out what entrance the half-time entertainment crew come through. You and a mate show up looking like a bunch of band roadies with lanyards and carrying a massive expensive looking piece of equipment like an huge amplifier or something. Make it look like you're struggling to carry it and need to get it in there in a hurry, there should be some large gate they can open so you can carry it in. All you say is 'Open the gate, we're with the band'.

Find out what entrance the half-time entertainment crew come through. You and a mate show up looking like a bunch of band roadies with lanyards and carrying a massive expensive looking piece of equipment like an huge amplifier or something. Make it look like you're struggling to carry it and need to get it in there in a hurry, there should be some large gate they can open so you can carry it in. All you say is 'Open the gate, we're with the band'.

what to do with the expensive equipment once you're in?

I was going to sneak in dressed as Tones and I but I have no idea who they are or what they look like.

I was going to sneak in dressed as Tones and I but I have no idea who they are or what they look like.

That's alright, there's a fair chance security won't know what they look like either. :rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a method that works, which i posted last couple of years. You do need 1 valid GF ticket tho. Make a copy of the ticket with a clear bar code on it. Go to the turnstiles with your mate who is using the copied ticket. Scan your tickets at different turnstiles at as close to the same time as possible. When a ticket gets scanned, there is a delay of 1-2 secs in the bar code being retired, meaning the same bar code works again for those 1-2 secs. It's difficult to co-ordinate, and i am not sure whether there is any change in the technology, but this has worked previously

Hilarious.

Cheapest one I can see is $1780
Indeed. But If you read my initial posts including the one I quoted, that explains all.

What are the chances you're going to get one in the ballot?
If you have the money, just do it. While you still can.

Once in a life time won't hurt you.
That cheapest option at $1760 is now sold out. That's what I anticipated and posted on August 4.

Now most who will miss out in the ballot will be forking out 4k plus if Collingwood and Richmond play off. If they don't make it, well that's literally the price you play and risk you take. At least you're guaranteed a ticket though. If it is the Pies-Tiges, stress and time saved, and a s**t load of money.

Once in a life time.

That cheapest option at $1760 is now sold out. That's what I anticipated and posted on August 4.

Now most who will miss out in the ballot will be forking out 4k plus if Collingwood and Richmond play off. If they don't make it, well that's literally the price you play and risk you take. At least you're guaranteed a ticket though. If it is the Pies-Tiges, stress and time saved, and a s**t load of money.

Once in a life time.
Obviously everyone has a different price point, but to me $1760 is too much for a nosebleed seat when I don't even know if we have made the Granny yet.

Obviously everyone has a different price point, but to me $1760 is too much for a nosebleed seat when I don't even know if we have made the Granny yet.

I got lucky in the membership ballot last year, $300 for a nosebleeder. Loved it bad very glad not to have paid much more. $500 would be about my limit I reckon.

I got lucky in the membership ballot last year, $300 for a nosebleeder. Loved it bad very glad not to have paid much more. $500 would be about my limit I reckon.
My son and i are gold Richmond members so we'll be in the ballot. I think we have about a 20% chance of getting a regular priced ticket. Its pretty hard with 100k members. And if its a Coll v Rich its going to be even harder.

Luckily I got to go in 2017

My son and i are gold Richmond members so we'll be in the ballot. I think we have about a 20% chance of getting a regular priced ticket. Its pretty hard with 100k members. And if its a Coll v Rich its going to be even harder.

Luckily I got to go in 2017

I reckon one of the reasons I got lucky was I was only asking for 1 ticket. Right at the end of the ballot after all the family groups have gotten lucky there would be spare single seats I reckon and that's where I swoop in and get the highest, last seat in the house :D

How about a storm Area 51-style plan? The more of us that participate, the less the chance of each individual being one of the unlucky captives.

This would actually work - the problem is that people aren't interested in collectivism.

Let's say that if you did this, 1 in 10 people is caught. People won't risk being that one who is caught, fined and maybe banned from the ground despite the 90% chance of personal success.

This would actually work - the problem is that people aren't interested in collectivism.

Let's say that if you did this, 1 in 10 people is caught. People won't risk being that one who is caught, fined and maybe banned from the ground despite the 90% chance of personal success.

* it I’ll do it , find 8 more and let’s go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back