Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Try reverse psychology

Stand there and tell them you don’t want to go in, don’t even try to make me come and sit near the fence with free food and drink all day

Next thing they will drag you in to sit and eat all day

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
It’s really all about confidence more than the wacky convoluted method that you end up going for, I feel I’d crumble under the first bit of pressure unfortunately.

I had an idea of going as one of those Chub security guys (might have to knick a uniform off a mate), and rocking up early to the staff entry with an empty secure box and the words ‘classified delivery’, but there’s always the 90% chance they’d think it’s a bomb, so perhaps not.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s really all about confidence more than the wacky convoluted method that you end up going for, I feel I’d crumble under the first bit of pressure unfortunately.

I had an idea of going as one of those Chub security guys (might have to knick a uniform off a mate), and rocking up early to the staff entry with an empty secure box and the words ‘classified delivery’, but there’s always the 90% chance they’d think it’s a bomb, so perhaps not.
I think if you're going to do it it's all about confidence. I would also crumble

2 guys got into Mayweathers entourage that walked him to the ring for the McGregor (Might have been Pac) fight. Walked with them like they were supposed to be there, never got caught.

There's also that guy who got in Man United team photos. Plenty of stories of acting like you're important working. Sadly, I don't have the bottle to make it work

99cents

Premiership Player
Dec 4, 2011
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Geelong Cats
Some great ideas here

But I’m playing the long game. Nominating for the draft and hoping to get on a team list. Then after debuting and playing 300 games i get AFL life membership and a seat in the AFL members

The best way to see the Grand Final is from on the ground- become an umpire must be easier

99cents

Premiership Player
Dec 4, 2011
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Geelong Cats
That cheapest option at $1760 is now sold out. That's what I anticipated and posted on August 4.

Now most who will miss out in the ballot will be forking out 4k plus if Collingwood and Richmond play off. If they don't make it, well that's literally the price you play and risk you take. At least you're guaranteed a ticket though. If it is the Pies-Tiges, stress and time saved, and a s**t load of money.

Once in a life time.
Might be a bit easier if it's GIANTS v Eagles

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyone got any thoughts on getting an adult into the GF using a child ticket? Do they even check?
There are no child tickets for the GF, there's only adult and concession.
A light comes up on the turnstile to show what type of ticket it is, if the attendant is watching and it comes up concession then they may ask to see a concession/student card but most CGAF, especially if it's busy. Just borrow a concession card off someone if you are worried or go through a turnstile where they aren't paying attention. The worst thing that can happen is they send you to the ticket window to pay extra and upgrade it to adult.

This would actually work - the problem is that people aren't interested in collectivism.

Let's say that if you did this, 1 in 10 people is caught. People won't risk being that one who is caught, fined and maybe banned from the ground despite the 90% chance of personal success.
fu** it I’ll do it , find 8 more and let’s go

I reckon with a group of 10, at its absolute highest you probably have a 50/50 shot of not getting busted and even thats optimistic I reckon.

50 people+, that's another story... probably looking at a 60-80% chance of success. However, the rub is if caught huge fines, suspensions and possibly even bans. The more who partake, the more publicity it will garner equalling larger penalties to present a clear deterrent to other would-be Usain Bolts.

Last edited:

H E Pennypacker

Senior List
Jun 22, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
There are no child tickets for the GF, there's only adult and concession.
A light comes up on the turnstile to show what type of ticket it is, if the attendant is watching and it comes up concession then they may ask to see a concession/student card but most CGAF, especially if it's busy. Just borrow a concession card off someone if you are worried or go through a turnstile where they aren't paying attention. The worst thing that can happen is they send you to the ticket window to pay extra and upgrade it to adult.
Awesome, thanks for the advice

This year I'm using the sneaking in method of having a missus who is very smart and successful and who hasn't yet woken up to the fact that she could do way better than me - and through her job we're getting September Club tickets.

Normally I'd feel bad about taking a seat off a real fan, but well, Collingwood and Richmond supporters love telling us North fans about how many members they have, so, to those members I say, enjoy being one of the however many billion of you there are ... watching in the pub.

If GWS make it all the Richmond fans will get in anyway, and Geelong aren't beating Richmond so whatevs.

You know we won’t need to.

But when will Junktime Jack get the five goals that on the scoresheet appear the same as the five Lynch kicked in the first half when it actually counted?

Last edited:

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
This would actually work - the problem is that people aren't interested in collectivism.

Let's say that if you did this, 1 in 10 people is caught. People won't risk being that one who is caught, fined and maybe banned from the ground despite the 90% chance of personal success.
Yeah, it would not work.

The players would not go out on to the ground.

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone got any thoughts on getting an adult into the GF using a child ticket? Do they even check?
Make sure its really busy at the turnstiles, look for a disinterested attendant(possibly me, i work there), look agitated and rushed whilst 'talking' on your phone when scanning in, then walk away super quick. Don't hesitate and simply be cool. I do it all the time at other venues.

H E Pennypacker

Senior List
Jun 22, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Make sure its really busy at the turnstiles, look for a disinterested attendant(possibly me, i work there), look agitated and rushed whilst 'talking' on your phone when scanning in, then walk away super quick. Don't hesitate and simply be cool. I do it all the time at other venues.
Also good advice. Thanks.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I reckon with a group of 10, at its absolute highest you probably have a 50/50 shot of not getting busted and even thats optimistic I reckon.

50 people+, that's another story... probably looking at a 60-80% chance of success. However, the rub is if caught huge fines, suspensions and possibly even bans. The more who partake, the more publicity it will garner equalling larger penalties to present a clear deterrent to other would-be Usain Bolts.

Yeah, I didn't explain it very well. I didn't meant to say that if 10 people did it, only 1 is caught, what I meant is that if you had enough people - say, 100-150 people, then only 1 in 10 would be caught.

Yeah, it would not work.

The players would not go out on to the ground.

Absolute rubbish. Why the * would the players care about a couple of gate jumpers before the biggest game of their careers? The AFL isn't about to empty 100k people out of the ground to re-scan them back in again. That would take much, much longer than people would think.

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Yeah, I didn't explain it very well. I didn't meant to say that if 10 people did it, only 1 is caught, what I meant is that if you had enough people - say, 100-150 people, then only 1 in 10 would be caught.

Absolute rubbish. Why the fu** would the players care about a couple of gate jumpers before the biggest game of their careers? The AFL isn't about to empty 100k people out of the ground to re-scan them back in again. That would take much, much longer than people would think.
I actually read your post as 100,000 people gate-jumping.

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
I love this thread first and foremost...

Does anyone think that having a mate who has a paid up ticket inside the ground, slipping it to you through a gap/under a door/through the fence on level two attached to a weight and you catching it on the outside etc etc would work?

Once said ticket is acquired, you then strike up a conversation with an attendant, asking them where it's acceptable to smoke and thanking them cordially, come back 5 mins later to their area and when the ticket doesn't scan you back in, ask how that is possible? If push comes to shove, create such a scene about what you've had to go through to get this ticket, only to be denied entry back in for having a dart that they eventually yield and allow you in?

Conversely, find an unattended turnstyle and scan out and then subsequently in a possibility?

Obviously requires a mate having a ticket, but could be a nice two for one or simply taking advantage of a connnected/rich/die hard friend?

Back