Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Yeah, this.

Production values on these videos are off the charts these days. They needed at least one other camera operator outside and another offer inside to show them actually getting in to make it really work.

Hopefully they'll make some money off this one so they can improve their skills because it was pretty amateurish.
Hopefully they get real jobs and contribute to society.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
They’re trying to make a living off this. People become millionaires playing ‘pranks’ on each other. Famous video gathers followers, people mindlessly watch their next videos…. profit

Happy to admit I know little on the business model of posting video's online; apparently you achieve a certain 'following', then companies seek your permission and pay you to include product placement - but I've never paid anything to watch content on Youtube/Vemo etc. and, as most do just skip any pop-up ads, so I'm really none the wiser.

In terms of these two, thus far I estimate with costs/fines/reimbursement of ticket price they would be out-of-pocket about $1500 - a tiny investment I guess if they are somehow to become 'millionaires'..?

Last edited:

darcytiger

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Happy to admit I know little on the business model of posting video's online; apparently you achieve a certain 'following', then companies seek your permission and pay you to include product placement - but I've never paid anything to watch content on Youtube/Vemo etc. and, as most do just skip any pop-up ads, so I'm really none the wiser.

In terms of these two, thus far I estimate with costs/fines/reimbursement of ticket price they would be out-of-pocket about $1500 - a tiny investment I guess if they are somehow to become 'millionaires'..?

Any time you watch a video with an add you are contributing. You don’t have to subscribe or pay for anything.

I posted a video on YouTube from schoolies about 15 years ago, forgot all about it. A few years after I posted it it got mildly popular, YouTube contacted me asking if they could promote it and give me add revenue. It got about 120k views in a couple of days and I netted a cool $90. 😎

Times this by thousands every week, throw in merchandising, product placement, tax deductible ‘content houses’. It’s a pretty sweet gig, you one day could be a cool as ‘Shammi’

Next time, just take a few cartons of beer with you

"This is going to the Long Bar" - Enter the MCC and you have your beer supply with you too

Expected to be held in custody for weeks lol

“Two Victorians who allegedly snuck into Perth using false documentation to attend the sellout grand final, breaching Western Australia’s strict border rules, have had their case delayed.”

10 month sentence (7 suspended) for the first guy. Wonder if he thinks it was worth it now...

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS
No doubt these blokes thought little of the consequences. It's really backfired on them to the point they will likely lose their well paying jobs, licenses etc... An absolute clusterfck of epic proportions.

I actually joked with a good friend that if she headed up to NT she could make her way over for the game. Little did I think there would be mature, well paid middle aged blokes who not only went down this path but took it to the next level(s) with fraud.

Unbelievable!!!

Jail for crossing borders. Not sure if Australia or North Korea.
* em they got what they deserve.

They deliberately broke the laws in place to protect the masses during a pandemic.

All for bragging rights and an ego boost.

They're nothing but selfish entitled campaigners.

Jail for crossing borders. Not sure if Australia or North Korea.
Forging of documents not on that list? Evading public health directives during a deadly pandemic?

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
If you're paying nothing for the product, then you are the product.

BIRDBRAIN

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Next time, just take a few cartons of beer with you

"This is going to the Long Bar" - Enter the MCC and you have your beer supply with you too

If you showed up with a few slabs on a little hand trolley and an invoice to one of the bars you would 100% get in.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
If you showed up with a few slabs on a little hand trolley and an invoice to one of the bars you would 100% get in.

Yep, that was the modus operandi back in the days, also presenting yourselves are maintenance people, wearing overalls with toolboxes (with bottles of top shelf inside) was usually a walk-in success. But in context, you were also mostly dealing with volunteers/club social members working the gate, who were happy to accept any plausible story.

Whereas, the main challenge today is overcoming bored security staff looking to wield some power their uniforms provide - and aside from CCTV monitoring all entry points, it only takes one them to 'offer to assist you' by asking for the name and number of the vendor inside or for your venue maintenance contact - and the game's up..!

Last edited:
Back