SNFL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s very promising .
St Paul’s, Caulfield and East Brighton have very strong junior programs and have struggled for years to get under 19s working.
Surprising that Murrumbeenas under 19s are top 4 only behind D1 clubs, they must be doing something right.

Highett and Murrumbeena both have 4 men’s teams (seniors, reserves , thirds and 19s) yet in comparison EM at times have struggled to field reserves.
Club seems to be going through a transitioning period of getting a young exciting list of local kids to build over next few years.

Pretty hard to get a U19s up when kids from the junior club who go to st Kevin’s, scotch, Caulfield, Xavier, Carey and Wesley all go play U19s for them.

Club seems to be going through a transitioning period of getting a young exciting list of local kids to build over next few years.

Pretty hard to get a U19s up when kids from the junior club who go to st Kevin’s, scotch, Caulfield, Xavier, Carey and Wesley all go play U19s for them.
The 19s comp is a joke in Southern. The fact that only 3 div 1 sides have a 19s this year is terrible and the league should really push it more. I think Bentleigh are the leading example of what investing in youth looks like, check their 19s scores the last couple years they take the piss.

But it all stemmed from a conjoined effort from both junior and senior club to work towards the same goal. I know Bentleigh, Murrumbeena and Highett have/had senior players coaching the junior sides. Some sides also work well when the coach sticks with the 17s team as they go to 19s.

Fair play to sides like Frankston, Beena, Highett and even Lyndhurst and Endeavour who have been able to put out a side pretty consistently in recent seasons. They’ll likely benefit in the coming years.

Ultimately East Malvern need to approach the juniors and try to form some sort of relationship. Murrumbeena had lots of private school boys in their 17s last year who stuck with them for the 19s.

Just gotta invest the time and effort to hopefully reap the rewards.

The 19s comp is a joke in Southern. The fact that only 3 div 1 sides have a 19s this year is terrible and the league should really push it more. I think Bentleigh are the leading example of what investing in youth looks like, check their 19s scores the last couple years they take the piss.

But it all stemmed from a conjoined effort from both junior and senior club to work towards the same goal. I know Bentleigh, Murrumbeena and Highett have/had senior players coaching the junior sides. Some sides also work well when the coach sticks with the 17s team as they go to 19s.

Fair play to sides like Frankston, Beena, Highett and even Lyndhurst and Endeavour who have been able to put out a side pretty consistently in recent seasons. They’ll likely benefit in the coming years.

Ultimately East Malvern need to approach the juniors and try to form some sort of relationship. Murrumbeena had lots of private school boys in their 17s last year who stuck with them for the 19s.

Just gotta invest the time and effort to hopefully reap the rewards.

It’s always been a battle at East Brighton with our juniors. Was quite toxic around 2014. Vast majority of juniors are lost to APS schools.
But it’s starting to improve, have now got 3-5 playing in the seniors that have come through and as it stands it looks like the u17’s side will come through into an under 19’s next year which would be huge for the club as a whole. Hopefully it continues to improve. Clubs need to park their egos and do absolutely anything they can to make it work. Vital for a clubs sustained success

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s always been a battle at East Brighton with our juniors. Was quite toxic around 2014. Vast majority of juniors are lost to APS schools.
But it’s starting to improve, have now got 3-5 playing in the seniors that have come through and as it stands it looks like the u17’s side will come through into an under 19’s next year which would be huge for the club as a whole. Hopefully it continues to improve. Clubs need to park their egos and do absolutely anything they can to make it work. Vital for a clubs sustained success
Indeed.

You're never going to retain the top tier of kids who go on to NAB league and have aspirations for the top level, but if you retain enough second and third tier players who have grown up playing in the colours, it's a sustainable model for the senior club.

Indeed.

You're never going to retain the top tier of kids who go on to NAB league and have aspirations for the top level, but if you retain enough second and third tier players who have grown up playing in the colours, it's a sustainable model for the senior club.

That’s the aim. Simple equation, if you can create a positive environment for that to grow the rest takes care of itself. Comes off the back of a lot of hard work and sacrifice for all those involved. Good to see quite a few clubs improving in that area. Can only be a good thing for continued improvement of the competition

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That’s very promising .
St Paul’s, Caulfield and East Brighton have very strong junior programs and have struggled for years to get under 19s working.
Surprising that Murrumbeenas under 19s are top 4 only behind D1 clubs, they must be doing something right.

Highett and Murrumbeena both have 4 men’s teams (seniors, reserves , thirds and 19s) yet in comparison EM at times have struggled to field reserves.
My God son played Under 9 to 17 at the Caulfield Bears and not 1 person from the senior club had nothing to do with while coming thru the ranks.
Only Presentation night of my God Son Under 17 the senior club president spoke to them for 5 minutes and told them they were required for next year for a Under 19 side a joke of a club playing in a joke of a league.

EB hot chips are some of the worst hot chips I've ever consumed. EM $8 ham salad slider sized roll is a joke. HP BBQ burg was a season highlight and BR pies. Anyone else got some input? If someone started using chicken schnitzels in the rolls I'd consider moving clubs.
EM ham salad rolls would have to be best in the comp! Something about the Mayo

EM ham salad rolls would have to be best in the comp! Something about the Mayo
Nah no way. You might have gotten a good week and I a bad week but I legit had those small buns that come in a 6 pack pull apart with half a slice of ham for $8. Any other shockers out there? name and shame, they wont get any better if no one speaks up.

Nah no way. You might have gotten a good week and I a bad week but I legit had those small buns that come in a 6 pack pull apart with half a slice of ham for $8. Any other shockers out there? name and shame, they wont get any better if no one speaks up
Think you need to come try another one champ! Because you are way off the mark here.

EB hot chips are some of the worst hot chips I've ever consumed. EM $8 ham salad slider sized roll is a joke. HP BBQ burg was a season highlight and BR pies. Anyone else got some input? If someone started using chicken schnitzels in the rolls I'd consider moving clubs.
Think you need to come try another one champ! Because you are way off the mark here.
Champ 🤔🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BR always has a good canteen and the new club rooms and bar/balcony upstairs are excellent

Barring an upset the 4 is set, good luck to all teams who continue on past this weekend.

East Brighton to walk into the GF, while it may be close for half a game they will salute and be promoted as premiers.

We bid farewell to Black Rock, well played that they broke their duck for the season and can re-build again in Div 3. It will certainly interesting to see how St Kilda City go in Div 2 next year, will a phoenix arise from the ashes?

Barring an upset the 4 is set, good luck to all teams who continue on past this weekend.

East Brighton to walk into the GF, while it may be close for half a game they will salute and be promoted as premiers.

We bid farewell to Black Rock, well played that they broke their duck for the season and can re-build again in Div 3. It will certainly interesting to see how St Kilda City go in Div 2 next year, will a phoenix arise from the ashes?

Not that I think it makes a difference but isn’t it too 5

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone happen to catch the Beena game on the weekend?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back