SNFL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

What went on here?

Backline coughed up a lead with a minute or 2 to go Hampton park did well against the breeze to withstand the fight back number 26 for doveton gave a big swinging fist not long to go should have been a 50 at least nothing was given afte the siren went Hampton park blokes have a bit of chirp to him and then it was on all in doveton blokes more worried about punching on then playing footy number 55 was abusing women in the crowd a class act

Backline coughed up a lead with a minute or 2 to go Hampton park did well against the breeze to withstand the fight back number 26 for doveton gave a big swinging fist not long to go should have been a 50 at least nothing was given afte the siren went Hampton park blokes have a bit of chirp to him and then it was on all in doveton blokes more worried about punching on then playing footy number 55 was abusing women in the crowd a class act
Both wouldn't be in a better competition

Would be handy recruits for other southern clubs I reckon
Espinosa use to be a quality player for beena but he must be close to 35 years old now.

Just looked up this McMahon stats and he seems to have always been fringe at Beena and they aren’t even the best team so maybe good recruits for D3 or D4 unless your goal is to recruit and make up numbers

I wonder what will happen to Div 2 next year if St Kilda City ask to drop to Div 3. One will go up but no one will come down to Div 2. Maybe they get 2 up from Div 3. They cant keep Black Rock up as they need to rebuild and werent competitive, and a bye in Div 2 is not ideal.
After the VAFA Div 3 incident, I doubt St KC will have their best remaining player next year.

I wonder what will happen to Div 2 next year if St Kilda City ask to drop to Div 3. One will go up but no one will come down to Div 2. Maybe they get 2 up from Div 3. They cant keep Black Rock up as they need to rebuild and werent competitive, and a bye in Div 2 is not ideal.
After the VAFA Div 3 incident, I doubt St KC will have their best remaining player next year.
Why would they go D3 ? And if you’re talking about Shem I think he did his ACL late in the season so he’d be doubtful for next year

Tht rules garbage. Yellow card isn’t a report so it shouldn’t be anything more than what it is

Multiple players in the area, umpire literally picked a player from each team once the scrap had stopped, no punches thrown. No one from either team should've been sent off and now Dareo misses a grand final because of an umpire throwing cards out over nothing to stop some push n shove... Should've paid a free kick and moved on.

Multiple players in the area, umpire literally picked a player from each team once the scrap had stopped, no punches thrown. No one from either team should've been sent off and now Dareo misses a grand final because of an umpire throwing cards out over nothing to stop some push n shove... Should've paid a free kick and moved on.
Shocking way to miss out on playing in a GF but he does try hard every week to instigate
Very unlucky but the little guy does like to get under the skin of the opposition every week
Maybe should have been a bit smarter knowing a 3rd would rub him out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shocking way to miss out on playing in a GF but he does try hard every week to instigate

Very unlucky but the little guy does like to get under the skin of the opposition every week

I agree with you, however the yellows to both players were shocking! Umpire has had a mare because he couldn't control the situation.

Yellow is pushjj in no the boundary if it was outside the rules you’d get reported it’s an easy way for umpires that can’t control the game which is becoming a joke

Won’t make a difference to the result. In hindsight probably saving him from copping a GF belting.

Yep , only himself to blame , knowing he had 2 cards hanging over his head , smart thing to do is walk away from anything that looks like trouble. Obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed

Always going to happen, and very unlikely they're under the cap. Hats off though if they're happy to win that way!

Sad fellas. Taking away from a genuine good contest. Murrembeena much improved, and deserve plenty of credit from bouncing up from Div 3. Genuinely think the league is in a good place

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The all stars are an interesting club.
Probably paying more than most division 1 clubs. Not a very sustainable model, couple of mates their all say the same thing , the mercenary “assistant coach” Ryan Semmel is barely around and his buy in is s**t house for culture. I tip them to win it all this year then come straight back down the year after
Won them the grand final and even cracked a smile after the game!

Who is EBs captain? A real shame coming into finals but we know depth isn’t a problem for them.

Murrumbeena will have most of them back for finals I think the first final will be big because I think Highett will cause an upset second week
Ben Douthie and Kai Lovelinay both great captains. They also have Blake chochrane and Liam Harris if need be.

The all stars are an interesting club.
Probably paying more than most division 1 clubs. Not a very sustainable model, couple of mates their all say the same thing , the mercenary “assistant coach” Ryan Semmel is barely around and his buy in is s**t house for culture. I tip them to win it all this year then come straight back down the year after
Ryan Semmel one of best players in grand final. Tom lamb played for nothing and many others played for minimal. They will recruit better than last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back