SNFL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

The coach and Semmel just won them a grand final.
Posting from up here in Seymour lads. Wanted to Congratulate "Tugga" Jewell and East Brighton on their terrific season culminating in the ultimate reward 👍🏆. Spent 6 months beside Tugga here in Seymour in '18...pre-season 2 nights a week, him driving 3 hours here and back to Tootgarook...only to be sacked by the inner sanctum after 2 rounds....🤔...hope someone here has noticed the guy possibly can coach !!!

Corp,lamb,downie,head,Egan,Harris,Semmel

A couple off but heaps of mpnfl, vfl, and tac cup experience in this. All would be very close in team of year contention

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Forgive my ignorance, I don't have any experience following a competition with more than one senior level, but does the win by East Brighton put them up in Div 1 next year?.

Forgive my ignorance, I don't have any experience following a competition with more than one senior level, but does the win by East Brighton put them up in Div 1 next year?.

Correct. Was always the plan to get back into Div 1. The challenge now is to find sustained competitiveness in Div 1 and find success off the back of that again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Correct. Was always the plan to get back into Div 1. The challenge now is to find sustained competitiveness in Div 1 and find success off the back of that again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Cheers 👍. I imagine the same for other divisions?...Top moves up, bottom moves down?

You would think that after a premiership comes retirements, therefore East Brighton would need to recruit further to push for Div 1 finals.
What of the likes of Campisano, Jamieson, Douthie & Backman? Will they have another crack at division 1? Or go out on a high?

So they recruited very well !!! what's the point of your post other than negativity towards the coach ??

He said the coach and Semmel won the grand final with all those recruits anyone could win a grand final my negativity to the coach is towards his actions at previous clubs that left a sour taste in some people mouths

You would think that after a premiership comes retirements, therefore East Brighton would need to recruit further to push for Div 1 finals.
What of the likes of Campisano, Jamieson, Douthie & Backman? Will they have another crack at division 1? Or go out on a high?
Will need to top up for sure. Jamieson done believe the other 3 will go again, still got a few more years if they can manage bodies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corp,lamb,downie,head,Egan,Harris,Semmel

A couple off but heaps of mpnfl, vfl, and tac cup experience in this. All would be very close in team of year contention

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
There was 2 x Semmell, they also had a few others signed but they never got going….probably with the All Star team and solid core group already, couldn’t crack it in the team

Would think that most of them would finish on a high…..maybe Backman might go again, probably most likely.
Have heard that there might be 1 or 2 others finish up as well?

Would think that most of them would finish on a high…..maybe Backman might go again, probably most likely.
Have heard that there might be 1 or 2 others finish up as well?
The club looks as good from afar as any club going up into Div 1 that I recall.
See the Prez has vacated her position, mighty job she has done by all reports.

Who is the new Prez?

Last edited:
Or was the hubby in control
Emma has done a remarkable job in her 4 years as well as the committee. The success they've had this season after building on last season shows the fruits of planning well, communication, and have a common goal with everyone at the club. Good coaching structure and depth which says they are well and truly ready for DIV 1.

Emma has done a remarkable job in her 4 years as well as the committee. The success they've had this season after building on last season shows the fruits of planning well, communication, and have a common goal with everyone at the club. Good coaching structure and depth which says they are well and truly ready for DIV 1.
The previous coach got them respect back with an inferior list to this years and went through the covid era

Remove this Banner Ad

Back