SNFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think one of their ex players is the coach out there….. that mid Gippsland league is around the same standard as Division 3/4 southern .
Have seen a bit of the old Alberton FL and Mid Gippy over the years. Tend to have more top tier players who have played decent level footy than SFL D3/4 but it falls away fairly quickly. In my view the top few clubs could compete in D2 but the strugglers would be D3/D4 standard. Being a one grade comp there is generally a fair disparity between the best and worst.

Any predictions for div 2 seniors/reserves this year? I think the top 3 will be Beena, Dovey & HP in 1s/2s and will be farely even now that EB are gone. East Malvern could make finals if they don't all go away mid year again?

Any predictions for div 2 seniors/reserves this year? I think the top 3 will be Beena, Dovey & HP in 1s/2s and will be farely even now that EB are gone. East Malvern could make finals if they don't all go away mid year again?
Doves and beena a fair bit ahead of everyone else highett next the rest will battle it out for last couple of spots Hp lost a fair few good players and only picked up 3 so far probably lost 7/8 senior players roughly

Last edited:
Doves and beena a fair bit ahead of everyone else highett next the rest will battle it out for last couple of spots Hp lost a fair few good players and only picked up 3 so far probably lost 7/8 senior players roughly

Didn't know this about HP! I saw an article sayign Dovey got a few (no idea who though) and not sure how many Beena have picked up/the quality.

Didn't know this about HP! I saw an article sayign Dovey got a few (no idea who though) and not sure how many Beena have picked up/the quality.
Beena picked up some pretty good players from what iv heard and going by their Facebook page Doveton picked a a few handy players as well but think Beena ones are better going by the standards they played and the players hp lost 5 would be in there top 10 players as well m8

Beena picked up some pretty good players from what iv heard and going by their Facebook page Doveton picked a a few handy players as well but think Beena ones are better going by the standards they played and the players hp lost 5 would be in there top 10 players as well m8

Only time will tell! Hopefully will be a good season for all!

Only time will tell! Hopefully will be a good season for all!
Where does St Kilda City fit in all of it? Haven’t heard anything? Possible double drop?
From what I can gather Beena, Dovey, Highett are the front runners.
Next batch would be: Caulfield, Hampton Park, East Malvern.
Then bottom 4- Keysborough, Skye, Endeavour Hills, St Kilda City.

Besides the top 3 being a bit out in front and possibly City right down the bottom, the middle rungs on the ladder could go any which way?
Thoughts?

Where does St Kilda City fit in all of it? Haven’t heard anything? Possible double drop?
From what I can gather Beena, Dovey, Highett are the front runners.
Next batch would be: Caulfield, Hampton Park, East Malvern.
Then bottom 4- Keysborough, Skye, Endeavour Hills, St Kilda City.

Besides the top 3 being a bit out in front and possibly City right down the bottom, the middle rungs on the ladder could go any which way?
Thoughts?
City have been announcing a lot of recruits , but no one of note by the look of it

They are playing kids to survive the new president has made sure the missionaries are not coming back. They have some good players from there premiership years sons playing. There coach played there years ago and has the passion.
Coach definitely has the passion but not sure he has the contacts to recruits quality players or the profile to draw big names in. But hope he goes well as he will give it his all. How is the coaching team going as he will need help off field as well..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where can I find clearances? Website not displaying them?

My understanding is only individual clubs and the league can see them through PlayHQ. The VAFA have 'cut and paste' from PlayHQ and placed them on the website for public viewing.

It's a little clunky but you can find the data you are looking for. It shouldn't be too difficult for someone at SNFL HQ to do the same on a weekly basis.

My understanding is only individual clubs and the league can see them through PlayHQ. The VAFA have 'cut and paste' from PlayHQ and placed them on the website for public viewing.

It's a little clunky but you can find the data you are looking for. It shouldn't be too difficult for someone at SNFL HQ to do the same on a weekly basis.

Cheers mate. Used to enjoy having a read through who's going where.

What’s the go with the bears? Recruits? Dunn?
CAULFIELD BEARS

IN:
Brendan Wright (Power House),Michael Casey (Queensland), Wade Wright, Elijah Dale (returning), Will Wheaton (Balwyn), Mat Mclardy

OUT: Ryan Farmer (Murrumbeena), Liam Corbett (Murrumbeena), Brad Pepi (Upper Ferntree Gully)

^ copy pasted from div 3 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back