SNFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloke missed half of the season after 'big nights' and even pulled out of a Prelim vs Dovey with a 'sore foot'.....
i personally heard the same thing that year as I was involved at Doveton at the time and the Doveton players were into him about it and were told not to do it as it seemed to make him play better as soon as they did it in one game there has been a few good players go down that road over the last few years I seen James play up at cairns the other year and still a star and think he’ moved there to get away from it all and good on him he’s a nice guy from what iv seen and one of the best local footballers I can remember in the end I don’t know if it’s true or not only the boys that played with him can confirm that

i personally heard the same thing that year as I was involved at Doveton at the time and the Doveton players were into him about it and were told not to do it as it seemed to make him play better as soon as they did it in one game there has been a few good players go down that road over the last few years I seen James play up at cairns the other year and still a star and think he’ moved there to get away from it all and good on him he’s a nice guy from what iv seen and one of the best local footballers I can remember in the end I don’t know if it’s true or not only the boys that played with him can confirm that

It's a shame that his 2nd season at Beena was affected by it so much If LJ plays the premlim, Beena probably find a way to win and then get a shot at the flag and the 2s would've had a stronger line up too. Just shows how it can impact more than just one person.

Great bloke though, was always friendly but geez he copped it bad from the oppo supporters

It's a shame that his 2nd season at Beena was affected by it so much If LJ plays the premlim, Beena probably find a way to win and then get a shot at the flag and the 2s would've had a stronger line up too. Just shows how it can impact more than just one person.

Great bloke though, was always friendly but geez he copped it bad from the oppo supporters

I’ve always enjoyed him as a bloke. One of the best forwards I’ve played against when he was at St. Paul’s. Did some things on the field that nobody could’ve stopped. Hopefully get to share a UDL with him again one day

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Predictions for this year? Seniors and Ressies?
Ladder
Goals
Bnf
Suprises?

Beena seniors, East Malvern 2's

Beena
Doveton
Hampton Park
East Malvern
St Kilda City
EH
Keysborough
Skye
Highett
Caulfield

Goals - Too hard

B&F - Johnson (Doveton)

Surprises -
Beena to go one better and only record 2 losses for the year. St Kilda City, the turmoil of last year will continue but by seasons end the club will be heading in a new/better direction. East Malvern once again will disappoint those that follow them by having a 'what if' style season

Beena
Doveton
Hampton Park
East Malvern
St Kilda City
EH
Keysborough
Skye
Highett
Caulfield

Goals - Too hard

B&F - Johnson (Doveton)

Surprises -
Beena to go one better and only record 2 losses for the year. St Kilda City, the turmoil of last year will continue but by seasons end the club will be heading in a new/better direction. East Malvern once again will disappoint those that follow them by having a 'what if' style season

East Malvern would be a genuine threat if they don't go overseas midyear again. Gave top teams some trouble last year!

Beena
Doveton
Hampton Park
East Malvern
St Kilda City
EH
Keysborough
Skye
Highett
Caulfield

Goals - Too hard

B&F - Johnson (Doveton)

Surprises -
Highett that much of a drop? Played finals last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have deleted my post because i don't think it should be posted online but I believe it is true as it came from 5 of their own players. Pretty unfair on the rest of the comp.

I played alongside LJ both at St Pauls and at Beena.

Lots of rumours floated around in his second year and he has had his issues but don't believe for a second that he was playing footy after getting on the pipe. Simply not true.

Thoughts on round 1 and round 2 predictions?
A fascinating round of footy & its only round 2! I'm having a little fun here & award each game a virtual cup, as most contests will be VERY close

East Malvern v Highett: The "Flip a coin Cup". Can't pick his one but have to, so Highett by 10 points as they need to bounce back
Hampton Park v Doveton: Ditto 50/50 split: "The Prelim Prelude Cup". Yep I'm calling it. Doveton by 13 points
Keysborough v Caulfield: "The Routlette table Cup" game. Put your money on either red or black. Keysborough by 2 points at home
Skye v Endeavour Hills: Mouth watering contest. "The Crossroads Cup" either team will find out whether they'll challenge for top 5 or not. This Hills to win by 8 points in a low scoring affair
Murrumbeena vs St Kilda City: "The Jayden Pollard Cup" Beena by heap$$

Troublesome times down at the cave 4 recruits all getting suspended one for kicking a player while not even playing not a great look

Troublesome times down at the cave 4 recruits all getting suspended one for kicking a player while not even playing not a great look
I saw that. Had a look watch of the game video and couldn't find any blow up of this incident. There was a young water boy who was basically lifeless on the ground like 7 min mark 1st qtr but nothing else. Any more information?

I saw that. Had a look watch of the game video and couldn't find any blow up of this incident. There was a young water boy who was basically lifeless on the ground like 7 min mark 1st qtr but nothing else. Any more information?

Last quarter 22 min in looks like a tussle just off camera looks like the Malvern bloke hits the deck and you can see the Casey bloke in the white cap throw the kick. Scuffle happens 2 ressies players and a injured player come from behind the coaches and get in the melee

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back