Phantom Draft Snoop Dog AFL 2016 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Good work s/dog love your work. Always close to the mark.
Do you think with our 4th selection we may go for another tall?
In other words Daicos, Brown and 2 talls. It looks like according to you will go for best available

Great work! Really like our draft. Especially getting Fisher with our third pick, that'd be a dream! But love all of our players.

Whilst, I think you're on the money that Freo will rate Himmelberg, I personally think we'd rate Williamson a touch higher and he fits more of a need and sort of fits our "draft model" if that makes sense.

Super effort that. Really wish Eagles had gotten another pick around 20-25.

Seems like a fair bit stronger draft than last year

Great work Snoop Dog, Saints only using 3 live selections at the main draft, 2 at the rookie draft for new players and one has to be one of the two irish guys we've picked up.

Good work here, You have the Bulldogs taking too many rookies though. We have already extended Lynch & R. Smith and I believe we're committed to rookieing Josh Prudden.

Finally a (somewhat) realistic rating of Luke Ryan (who is overrated on BF for mine), although I can't see Essendon taking him when we have Kelly, Dea, Goddard, Stanton, Gleeson, Francis all on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsu: superb effort Snoop i reckon you may well scores the highest number of actual players taken in the drafts. I think you are close too with the order and this years draft made a bit more difficult because of the evens and depth. On ya :)

Great crack for starters.. But just on the Crows,.. No way we pass on Graham or Sharenburg is still available at our 2nd pick.. and Jarman.. unfortunately now looks to be going elsewhere... *tears*

Love your work Snoop.
From an Essendon perspective this draft doesn't work. mcCluggage is a gun- I prefer McGrath but splitting hairs.
Josh battle is a tweeter for mine and we have Langford, Laverde, Redman and Francis who are all similar size and straight out better.
Luke Ryan was cut from the VFL squad, I just can't see the Bombers taking him with 29. He interviewed poorly and didn't test and we picked up Dea and Kelly already. We have no young inside mids and Clarke, Graham or Sharenberg at 29 would be gobbled up I reckon. Richards at 68 is interesting. Why wouldn't they sign him as a free agent when they had a chance.
Swans would be rapt to get Brodie I reckon= steal of the draft.

Great work on putting this together Snoop Dog

Just reads as a really strong draft doesn't it? Think you're going to have a lot of happy clubs and supporters when it's all over given the depth.

So stoked Carlton hung onto their picks, 5 particularly which looks like it could be every bit as good as pick 1 this year given the lack of standout player but that really strong group of 4-5 at the top end.

Is there any chance we can scrap the real draft and just use this one? I'd be ****ing thrilled with a draft of Hayward, Marshall, Poholke and Clarke. You forgot Port's last pick but if we got those 4 with our earlier picks I'd hardly care.

If I was being very nitpicky I'd probably go Drew over Poholke, but that's just personal preference.

Thanks
When I sat down and thought about it Port going for some forwards first and banking on some mids late in draft seemed wise.
Nothing splits Drew and Poholke but I think the latter has a few more strings to his bow and offers a bit more. If you want an inside mid alone Drew is a better pick.
I'll add the pick as well.

FWIW this is my favourite mock draft on this forum every year well done again. Good get with Heppell as Bombers last pick in rookie draft, not mentioned by many but I reckon it's 50/50 of happening.

Yeah I'd like to see happen. Talented player who is probably more unlikely given they seemed committed to Mckernan and Eades. Another club take him?

Interested in how Essendon fans saw Eades year.

Yeah I'd like to see happen. Talented player who is probably more unlikely given they seemed committed to Mckernan and Eades. Another club take him?

Eades is a raw talent that performed to a decent standard most of the time. Unfortunately his worst games were the ones on TV

Trained the house down in the pre-season before Christmas, undisclosed slip up in WA over Christmas break then struggled to regain momentum heading into the year. Had a couple of 2 goal VFL games but despite having a brilliant tank, rarely got more than 10-12 possessions. I watched the ressies probably 5-6 times live this year...the term 'flighty at best' comes to mind. Will need to develop an appetite for the contest pretty quickly if he is going to make it.

If the choice of last player in RD was between he and Heppell I'd much rather we took Heppell. Will give it absolutely everything to make it. Take the minor hit to the TPP for a year and wish Yestin well.

You rate Mitch McCarthy Scoop any chance STKilda grab him early with their second

Remove this Banner Ad

Back