Snoops 2016 List Management, Trade and Draft thoughts

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
Was a great thread Snoop Dog. Thanks. A little to go with the rookie draft, so may get a bit more to add in just yet.

Key seems to be don't create these threads until the season is done. That way, it appeared to focus on actual list management, trade and drafts rather then the rubbish that goes on in threads like the trade thread. I've become extremely time poor and don't have time to scroll through pages of rubbish, adding many to my ignore list.

Hopefully you create next years one snoop, just after we lose a final.:p

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

Watch out. I used that line on someone here and he thought I seriously meant his mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries. PM'd me most upset.

Watch out. I used that line on someone here and he thought I seriously meant his mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries. PM'd me most upset.

You should have asked him for a shrubbery.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
You should have asked him for a shrubbery.

His threats of violence were most concerning but I felt if he tried it would be but a flesh wound.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
Slightly off topic but who is this player Snoop and a few others have been alluding to in terms of us making a big play for at the end of next season?

A young player like Wright, brother of Ben in Sam Reid or an established star in Nat Fyfe or Dustin Martin?

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Love your work once again Snoop Dog

Your knowledge and threads are very much appreciated!

Any rookie gems we should keep an eye on?

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Was a great thread Snoop Dog. Thanks. A little to go with the rookie draft, so may get a bit more to add in just yet.

Key seems to be don't create these threads until the season is done. That way, it appeared to focus on actual list management, trade and drafts rather then the rubbish that goes on in threads like the trade thread. I've become extremely time poor and don't have time to scroll through pages of rubbish, adding many to my ignore list.

Hopefully you create next years one snoop, just after we lose a final.:p

Thanks mate. yeah really looking forward to seeing the last 3 kids to get a spot.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
How do you rate our draft Snoop Dog?

In a word....thrilled!

Pick 30 was about right for Sam. I had him at #70 I think (and think one of the few that did) and for one am rapt we have him. Gone back and looked at the 2016 vision have of him and its great. On reflection he was always going to go higher. Like Witherden and Simpkin he was going to be judged on his bottom age year. I probably weighted his 7 games which were ok to heavily this year. He really just never got a run at it. Sure you have seen the vision and he is a terrific mark, courageous, can kick it well and is aggressive in his offensive work.

Callum was bid where I thought he would. Had a bit of mail North and Essendon were going to bid on him. 35 was a fair price and Josh was a bit unders as had him in 40's.

Kayle am excited about. Been a long time since we had a player like him and he will be a fan favourite of the VFL watchers real quick. Saw one of his VFL games and he was good. Got real pr*ck in him and loves the defensive side as well. Genuine x factor and no go home risk for him.

You know you DaVe86 and The Royal Sampler have been focussed on list needs from memory and I think they nailed it. Brown is an inside mid ball winner / first receiver sort of player who will start forward but push up, Daicos will be a forward, Sam is the young defender and Kayle is going to worry guys when he is 21/22.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Love your work once again Snoop Dog

Your knowledge and threads are very much appreciated!

Any rookie gems we should keep an eye on?

Love to see us take Jonty but his speed is a real issue (albeit Graham was taken) and we probably are blessed enough. Still I would seriously look at him.

Sam Walker tested poorly for speed and thats clearly worried clubs. Still few better kicks in the draft pool and is very aggressive with what he can pull off.

Depends on what you think we need. If a tall then guys like McCarthy are still there and I'd like to look at him, I think Brett Eddy would fill a role forward, Ty Keitel is a key defender who could play pretty quickly but with Sam doubt thats in the frame. Oscar M, Rowan M and Will M are ruck prospects to look at but love us to look at Tony Olango.

Some nice utility types like Romensky, Morrish, Junker, Dundon and then some mature age players like Bolton, Barrett and McInnes I like.

What the of players you think we need.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Love to see us take Jonty but his speed is a real issue (albeit Graham was taken) and we probably are blessed enough. Still I would seriously look at him.

Sam Walker tested poorly for speed and thats clearly worried clubs. Still few better kicks in the draft pool and is very aggressive with what he can pull off.

Depends on what you think we need. If a tall then guys like McCarthy are still there and I'd like to look at him, I think Brett Eddy would fill a role forward, Ty Keitel is a key defender who could play pretty quickly but with Sam doubt thats in the frame. Oscar M, Rowan M and Will M are ruck prospects to look at but love us to look at Tony Olango.

Some nice utility types like Romensky, Morrish, Junker, Dundon and then some mature age players like Bolton, Barrett and McInnes I like.

I am liking the things you say about Brett Eddy......we need another forward option he seems to fit the bill.

I don't have an issue with slow players as long as they can find and use the ball.

How many rookies do we have to pick up?

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory

Ruck and key forward are our needs. I would love either of Eddy or McCarthy but Eddy is my preference. Is Olango your pick of the rucks? It seems he has a lot of development potential left which I like. You want to take a chance on someone with a high ceiling.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
I am liking the things you say about Brett Eddy......we need another forward option he seems to fit the bill.

I don't have an issue with slow players as long as they can find and use the ball.

How many rookies do we have to pick up?

Xavier Richards could be one maybe they go for. Younger and better fits list profile but seemingly showed little interest.

Another could be Fraser McInness. I haven't seen enough of this year but he impressed me last year when he got a go. Good speed and agility and takes a good mark.

Re the mids another good one is Bunker. He really knows how to find it

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Ruck and key forward are our needs. I would love either of Eddy or McCarthy but Eddy is my preference. Is Olango your pick of the rucks? It seems he has a lot of development potential left which I like. You want to take a chance on someone with a high ceiling.

Yep I'd rather do that. You seen him. Was in the All star game. He is raw but my goodness has he got some attributes. I was 50-50 him going. Love him to get a spot.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
Slightly off topic but who is this player Snoop and a few others have been alluding to in terms of us making a big play for at the end of next season?

A young player like Wright, brother of Ben in Sam Reid or an established star in Nat Fyfe or Dustin Martin?

Snoop Dog? Anyone?

I need to know.

LOL.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Snoop Dog love your contributions.
And your avatar but that's a whole James Bond thing.

Question: the four we've picked up, do you see any or all of them playing seniors next season?
What time frames at a guess could you see them making seniors.
Could you see any of them being even semi regular senior players next year?

Obviously massive injuries would push the button, but that aside.

Back