Snoops 2016 List Management, Trade and Draft thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

I would guess so. Though SA,NSW,QLD Sides have there own Reserve Team. Think WA is the Only Teams that don't have there own State League Teams
WA teams have had alignments for a couple of years, West Coast with East Perth and Freo with Peel.

Last edited:
Why should the VFL allow the best players in it's comp to be taken mid season?
... last year's didn't some of us want our AFL players to be taken? So dumb.

We've moved away from the 1990s and people need to accept it. If you can't get your list right for needs in November, too bad, so sad.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Thought I would do the final wash up of what went on and my thoughts.

Delistings

I cant say I really disagreed with many. Was certainly sad to see Nathan Brown go but along with Jack I think it was pretty clear they would not be preferred for the new season and that Keefe was going to choice # 1. Presumably that was the case because they wanted someone a bit more athletic, a bit quicker, better kick and someone who could be more offensive. Marsh was going to be the guy I guess but clearly needed to head home. In Frost and Brown they weren't really getting any of that. Still for the money Brown was on and the fact he is such a good club guy and we needed depth I probably lent to keeping him as dont think Dunn is that much better but equally the club needed to be transparent I guess and maybe they also wanted the list spot. One thing that Dunn does offer is that he is a much better kick in than anything we have had since Leon Davis.

Trade Period

As a whole the Free Agency and Trading Period for us was a disaster. If we werent just giving players away (Cloke & Brown) then we were giving them away for very little (Witts most certainly and Frost to a lesser extent). At the other end of the spectrum the blokes we brought in we paid a big price for (particularly WHE). Of course wont be known til next year but if we have a low finish then we have paid a very high price. He was a 3rd rounder in my view. Equally Chris Mayne. Thats an awful lot of coin for a player who has been ordinary for 2 years. In an environment where clubs didnt know the cap amount they were pretty loose with the change on that one. Still if Mayne can provide a mobile attacking option, kick some goals and work hard to keep the footy in the front 50 then it allows our structure to have Howe at HB where his kicking and intercepting is highly valued. Given his pay packet 30-40 goals for the season would be a good return for him. As for WHE I think he needs to be playing good senior footy. The club have most probably given a pick 25 for him and a fair wad of cash and that means he needs to be playing senior footy.

Ones that got away we clearly Caleb Marchbank and Michael Hurley. They had a decent crack at both of those and you would have to think Gubby had asked about Tom Rockliff. James Stewart was one I think could have been a miss but the mail is not strong enough overhead. Still would have been worth the 40th spot on our senior list over and above say a Mitch McCarthy. I suspect so. Am told Collingwood were every chance to get him if they wanted him but didnt want him in the end. Given the forward options will be interesting to see how big a bet that one was.

Recruits

Sam McClarty - I rate him. Was a top 10-15 selection earlier in the year but injury curtailed him. As per a couple of other players in similar positions this year it didnt sway Collingwood obviously. I had him in my Phantom and think was one of the few (if not the only) to have him. Can play forward or back, is tough, ok to good kick and attacks the game.

Who they may have missed - For mine the only other pick would have been maybe Cox, Watson or Maibaum. For mine they were all pretty close. If i had to pick one of the 4 I would have chosen Cox.

Callum Brown - Did the right thing matching that bid. They still had a way to go to their next pick so would have been sure therir next best available player would have been there even if they decided to pass.

Kayle Kirby - I really like the selection. Showed huge upside in the games for Richmond and fills a role the club are looking for. Aint fit enough but if he was he would be a chance to come in quickly as has the body to do it. You dont kick 9 goals in two outings of the VFL if you dont have a bit of talent.

Who they may have missed - Whilst supportive I would probably have been looking to Himmelberg and given they took McCarthy later it must have been tempting to select Elliott. Tells me how highly they rated Kirby. I would have thought Dylan Clarke (albeit an average kick), Patrick Kerr and Luke Ryan might have been types they were after. One clubs view of Kerr post draft was doesnt offer enough options to goal (ie one trick pony) and that Luke Ryan needs to mature a bit.

Josh Daicos - Club would have been thrilled he made it that far.

Mitch McCarthy - For mine they got that selection spot on. Was rapt to see him get a go.

Who they may have missed - I would have done exactly what they did.

Henry Schade - Not sold on Henry. Dont think he is offensive enough but clearly they wanted that type of role player and he was probably the one based on that I would have taken that was left. I had him being selected before GC got to him again as thought he fixed a spot for a few clubs. If I had known that was the type they wanted their then for mine he as the one.

Who they missed - Brett Eddy. I would have taken him if they went for a different player type. Personally was surprised that through the trade or draft period nothing was done around tall forward options. FWIW I dont count Mayne as one.

Liam Mackie - Running HB type. Got speed and is a lovely kick but is coming from a fair way back and will be a project player. Walker would have been my pick but he lacks speed and that was what counted against him am told. Still an elite kick that knows how to find the footy and sure he can become a Rampe type player.

Max Lynch
- Terrific selection for mine. We needed a ruck and would have taken he or Olango. What I like about Max is he is big and aggressive. Reminds me of a Darren Jolly type ruck. Will be ready sooner than you think.

Sam McClarty - I rate him. Was a top 10-15 selection earlier in the year but injury curtailed him. As per a couple of other players in similar positions this year it didnt sway Collingwood obviously. I had him in my Phantom and think was one of the few (if not the only) to have him. Can play forward or back, is tough, ok to good kick and attacks the game.

Who they may have missed - For mine the only other pick would have been maybe Cox, Watson or Maibaum. For mine they were all pretty close. If i had to pick one of the 4 I would have chosen Cox.

Could a Reason we Choose McCarty because of our Connection to the Oakligh Chargers and Him being a VIC Boy? and Cox is from SA.

Kayle Kirby - I really like the selection. Showed huge upside in the games for Richmond and fills a role the club are looking for. Aint fit enough but if he was he would be a chance to come in quickly as has the body to do it. You dont kick 9 goals in two outings of the VFL if you dont have a bit of talent.

Who they may have missed - Whilst supportive I would probably have been looking to Himmelberg and given they took McCarthy later it must have been tempting to select Elliott. Tells me how highly they rated Kirby. I would have thought Dylan Clarke (albeit an average kick), Patrick Kerr and Luke Ryan might have been types they were after. One clubs view of Kerr post draft was doesnt offer enough options to goal (ie one trick pony) and that Luke Ryan needs to mature a bit.

Why would they not Pick a KPP here because they pretty much Knew McCarthy would get to the Rookie Draft. Sounds bit of a Gamble to me.

So Kerr would be JA X2?

Henry Schade - Not sold on Henry. Dont think he is offensive enough but clearly they wanted that type of role player and he was probably the one based on that I would have taken that was left. I had him being selected before GC got to him again as thought he fixed a spot for a few clubs. If I had known that was the type they wanted their then for mine he as the one.

Who they missed - Brett Eddy. I would have taken him if they went for a different player type. Personally was surprised that through the trade or draft period nothing was done around tall forward options. FWIW I dont count Mayne as one.

I guess Club thought we really badly needed KPD and that is why we passed on Eddy

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
TradeDraft

Yeah I think the OC connection with Collingwood is really significant and would explain a lot of it. I dont think much splits he and Cox so being a VIC kid would be in his favour.

Re Kayle being taken at #50 I suspect it was because they were fearful Richmond would take him at their next selection and on their board he was higher. I get that and a lot of posters on here like Quicky i think would agree as a player type that was a big need. I agree with that and whilst I had Himmelberg probably as the next best and might have gambled on other small forwards being available later I can see why they took Kirby. Hurt factor was a theme this year. Its why Scharenberg wasnt taken and i think Dekka referenced its one of the things they liked about Kirby. He does have hurt factor and if they can get him fit he just may have it in spades. Its a bold selection but potentially a very good one.

I asked someone about Kerr and the view was he was very one dimensional. Leads straight at the footy and if doesnt get hit up really struggles to get involved. Referenced some games (which I cant recollect) where is impact was very very minimal as a result and he hadnt really performed against quality opponents. I actually have a different view. I have seen his best and agree his worst isnt great. But there were games late in the year I watched where he was pushed up the ground and his involvement was actually pretty good. Maybe in itself that worried clubs insomuch they couldnt figure him out.

Re Schade happy enough with it. I actually think McClarty could play a tall defender role if one of Keefe, Dunn and Reid got injured and they needed 3 but clearly they want to take the pressure off him. I would have gone Eddy. for mine can always push White back if need be.

Re Schade happy enough with it. I actually think McClarty could play a tall defender role if one of Keefe, Dunn and Reid got injured and they needed 3 but clearly they want to take the pressure off him. I would have gone Eddy. for mine can always push White back if need be.

With McCarty on the Senior List and Schade on the Rookie List. I see McLarty getting 1st Crack.

Re Kayle being taken at #50 I suspect it was because they were fearful Richmond would take him at their next selection and on their board he was higher. I get that and a lot of posters on here like Quicky i think would agree as a player type that was a big need. I agree with that and whilst I had Himmelberg probably as the next best and might have gambled on other small forwards being available later I can see why they took Kirby. Hurt factor was a theme this year. Its why Scharenberg wasnt taken and i think Dekka referenced its one of the things they liked about Kirby. He does have hurt factor and if they can get him fit he just may have it in spades. Its a bold selection but potentially a very good one.

Kirby sounds like he could a Cyril Type. Won't get huge Numbers but they have a Big Impact on the Game. We do need more Goal Kickers as last year our top Goal Kicker in Fas ONLY Kicked 25 Goals

Yeah I think the OC connection with Collingwood is really significant and would explain a lot of it. I dont think much splits he and Cox so being a VIC kid would be in his favour.

With just Losing Marsh to Homesickness. They might be bit shy on Inter-State kids after that.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Have we seen enough of McLarty below his knees and leading patterns, Snoop? I have a feeling our close association with OC has come into play greatly here.

At VFL level Schade and Dunn will be ahead with at least two and probably three of Oxley, Scharenberg, Goldsack and Langdon to bide their time there as well (to start the season at least).

We lost Gault, Wyatt and Cloke as tall forward options and replaced them with McCarthy. For the time being I'm not quite going to be shoehorning him into a KD post and I think he might go the same way as McStay as a genuine swingman. In 2017 that sees him forward, IMO.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
With just Losing Marsh to Homesickness. They might be bit shy on Inter-State kids after that.

The club has shown it's not too concerned about the go home factor so I doubt losing Marsh to it was a consideration. Managed Leon for years when we could easily have lost him every preseason. Beams returned to Queensland but it was more about where his sick father was and "other" factors rather than go home. Wellingham I think there were multiple factors but doubt go home was the major driver. Can't think of too many others we've lost recently so I think we are equipped to manage.

Love what you've done with your Christmas tree this year Snoop.
CzB8CUOXEAYGVc0.jpg

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Have we seen enough of McLarty below his knees and leading patterns, Snoop? I have a feeling our close association with OC has come into play greatly here.

At VFL level Schade and Dunn will be ahead with at least two and probably three of Oxley, Scharenberg, Goldsack and Langdon to bide their time there as well (to start the season at least).

We lost Gault, Wyatt and Cloke as tall forward options and replaced them with McCarthy. For the time being I'm not quite going to be shoehorning him into a KD post and I think he might go the same way as McStay as a genuine swingman. In 2017 that sees him forward, IMO.

Yeah good question. I have but in his bottom age year moreso. He's very agile and very clean. Think the OC connection is really significant.

Who is your starting back 6?

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
The club has shown it's not too concerned about the go home factor so I doubt losing Marsh to it was a consideration. Managed Leon for years when we could easily have lost him every preseason. Beams returned to Queensland but it was more about where his sick father was and "other" factors rather than go home. Wellingham I think there were multiple factors but doubt go home was the major driver. Can't think of too many others we've lost recently so I think we are equipped to manage.

Yeah fair point. Keeping broomhead and Scharenberg further supports

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Yeah good question. I have but in his bottom age year moreso. He's very agile and very clean. Think the OC connection is really significant.

Who is your starting back 6?

Yeah that was my inkling that we'd had good oil on his forward attributes from within their system. I'm more about groups, but if it was selected as a back 6.

FB: Ramsay, Keeffe, Sinclair
HB: Maynard, Reid, Howe

Its the 7th defender that comes from that group of 4 mentioned previously, IMO. Its definitely a work in progress, but changes complexion entirely if Scharenberg and Ramsay come on.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Yeah that was my inkling that we'd had good oil on his forward attributes from within their system. I'm more about groups, but if it was selected as a back 6.

Its the 7th defender that comes from that group of 4 mentioned previously, IMO. Its definitely a work in progress, but changes complexion entirely if Scharenberg and Ramsay come on.

I've been thinking about this a bit. How we structure our back six. It's really difficult and is so open to so many players.

One thing I struggle with is I think there is a need to settle on a consistent unit for chemistry. That's really difficult for us because we have bought in so many new players, we have injury issues and other players that have been out of the game for a while.

I think in the end we just need to back in who we see as our best unit and back our fitness guys to get them up and keep them out there. I only have one exception to that, and it's Scharenberg who is coming from a low base of development and I'm happy to see him earn his way in.

Considering this, my back seven is:

FB: ~ Howe ~ Keeffe ~ Ramsay
HB: ~ Sinclair ~ Reid ~ Langdon
Int: ~ Varcoe

Keeffe - Back our fitness staff to get him fit. He is our best full back and the only one big enough for the taller forwards.

Howe - Needs to play deep to take the kick-ins. But he'll also offer some serious aerial and ground level ability deep.

Ramsay - In the shut down deep role. He does that well. He also wins plenty of footy and is another reliable kick-in option. Maynard stiff, I concede, but prefer Ramsay.

Reid - Doesn't need explanation. Picks himself.

Sinclair - Metres gained. Nuff said. Don't like Sinkers deep as he is exploitable defensively. But his rebound is very underrated even by Collingwood fans, including myself.

Langdon - I'm punting on his best here. Wins a lot of footy, good intercept mark and uses it well enough. If he's not yet in the right head space I'd go with Goldsack, think we need the two mediums for balance. I expect Scharenberg to replace both by seasons end.

Varcoe - With some more forward options I reckon we need to take advantage and play Varcoe behind the ball as that half back thst pushes into the middle, or defensive side winger. He'll give us so much energy and drive and that other small defensive option for mstch ups. Plus a more versatile bench option than other candidates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power

Yeah I would probably having Goldsack before Sinclair but depends on matchups I guess. The fact Scharenberg, Smith, Langdon arent in that 6 means a lot of choices. Also means a lot of mids / speed forward of the ball.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
I've been thinking about this a bit. How we structure our back six. It's really difficult and is so open to so many players.

One thing I struggle with is I think there is a need to settle on a consistent unit for chemistry. That's really difficult for us because we have bought in so many new players, we have injury issues and other players that have been out of the game for a while.

I think in the end we just need to back in who we see as our best unit and back our fitness guys to get them up and keep them out there. I only have one exception to that, and it's Scharenberg who is coming from a low base of development and I'm happy to see him earn his way in.

Keeffe - Back our fitness staff to get him fit. He is our best full back and the only one big enough for the taller forwards.

Howe - Needs to play deep to take the kick-ins. But he'll also offer some serious aerial and ground level ability deep.

Ramsay - In the shut down deep role. He does that well. He also wins plenty of footy and is another reliable kick-in option. Maynard stiff, I concede, but prefer Ramsay.

Reid - Doesn't need explanation. Picks himself.

Sinclair - Metres gained. Nuff said. Don't like Sinkers deep as he is exploitable defensively. But his rebound is very underrated even by Collingwood fans, including myself.

Langdon - I'm punting on his best here. Wins a lot of footy, good intercept mark and uses it well enough. If he's not yet in the right head space I'd go with Goldsack, think we need the two mediums for balance. I expect Scharenberg to replace both by seasons end.

Varcoe - With some more forward options I reckon we need to take advantage and play Varcoe behind the ball as that half back thst pushes into the middle, or defensive side winger. He'll give us so much energy and drive and that other small defensive option for mstch ups. Plus a more versatile bench option than other candidates.

yeah good post.

I think maynard has to be there. As much for the point you make about consistency. Howe, Maynard and Reid played a lot of footy together last year so for mine I would have them in and to be fair probably Smith as well. I think the clubs view of him was he played his role really well and I think he is well in the mix for a starting spot and head to head with Sinclair I guess. I would also have Goldsack. I was super impressed with him in the Dogs game at ES where I think he demonstrated he is that wise head in the back half we lack. I'd have Ramsay as the other one.

For me it would be more;

RAMSAY - KEEFE - GOLDSACK
MAYNARD - REID - HOWE

I/C - SMITH / VARCOE

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Yeah I would probably having Goldsack before Sinclair but depends on matchups I guess. The fact Scharenberg, Smith, Langdon arent in that 6 means a lot of choices. Also means a lot of mids / speed forward of the ball.

Smith was the one I missed. I don't particularly rate his game based on what we saw in 2016 and at 23 for me there's doubts on whether he can add to it (that has more to do with our development program).

That said if he goes away this pre-season and adds hurt factor to his ability to find it in space he's an automatic selection as that 7th defender. If he can't for me he's too much of a liability defensively because he loves to ball watch. You can carry a guy like that if they can impact going the other way, but Smith doesn't do that enough based on 2016, IMO.

He reminds me a lot of Rockliff, but without the same ability on the inside. Both can rack it up they just don't do a lot with it...

Mar 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Snoop, are you expecting Keefe to be ready round 1?

I don't think he'll be ready for seniors (if at all) for a few games at least. I'll admit that I don't rate him and that may colour my view, but he will be coming from a long way back

I think we're more likely to start with Reid at CHB and Dunn at FB, with a couple of medium guys around them such as Langdon. It lacks height I agree, but is what I see as our best option to start.

Last edited:
Snoop, are you expecting Keefe to be ready round 1?

I don't think he'll be ready for seniors (if at all) for a few games at least. I'll admit that I don't rate him and that may colour my view, but he will be coming from a long way back

I think we're more likely to start with Reid at CHB and Howe at FB, with a couple of medium guys around them such as Langdon. It lacks height I agree, but is what I see as our best option to start.
Pretty sure that Dunn would start at full back ahead of Howe every day of the week. Not much height difference (Dunn 2cm taller I think) but Dunn has the extra strength and bulk required to play the position well and that allows Howe to do what he does best and run around more as a loose intercepting defender.

Mar 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pretty sure that Dunn would start at full back ahead of Howe every day of the week. Not much height difference (Dunn 2cm taller I think) but Dunn has the extra strength and bulk required to play the position well and that allows Howe to do what he does best and run around more as a loose intercepting defender.

Oops typo. I meant Dunn. Howe is one of the mediums with Langdon. Will edit.

For what it's worth, I think Howe has been a gun in his role down back. Plenty doubted his recruitment but he has been a great find.

What are your thoughts on my question re Keefe?

Mongo Ming

Intergalactic Despot
Sep 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Speaking of backlines. Where do you have Taylor Adams playing now? He was so bloody handy at HBF last year. Really changed the sides complexion, but he's also so handy in the engine room. With the addition of Wells, though not an inside mid, does TA play in the middle or HBF or both? And if both what's the percentage split?

Oops typo. I meant Dunn. Howe is one of the mediums with Langdon. Will edit.

For what it's worth, I think Howe has been a gun in his role down back. Plenty doubted his recruitment but he has been a great find.

What are your thoughts on my question re Keefe?
If he's been keeping himself as fit as is rumoured then the only thing holding him back will be form/touch. I'd say he'll be in the frame for round 1 but it will be highly dependent on how he performs in the preseason games. Like you, I don't actually rate him very highly.

Oct 7, 2014
?
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
49ers
ramsay dunne smith
howe reid Sinclair

full back is a lottery. if dunne / keefe / schade have a good pre season comp they will likely start.

Langdon (or the club) made a mistake last year. he got too big. his only chance is being an intercept mark and he cant cover the ground if he is too heavy. I think he will struggle this year to play senior footy.

I can also see Howe playing mid/forward and Wells / Varcoe (maybe even Phillips) rotating off half back.

Hopefully the penny has dropped for the coach and he understands we cant play tall if we want to play a pressure game. I'm guessing it has and we'll see a smaller forward line and defence next year.

Sep 19, 2011
Zeta Reticuli
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory
Thought I would do the final wash up of what went on and my thoughts.

Delistings

I cant say I really disagreed with many. Was certainly sad to see Nathan Brown go but along with Jack I think it was pretty clear they would not be preferred for the new season and that Keefe was going to choice # 1. Presumably that was the case because they wanted someone a bit more athletic, a bit quicker, better kick and someone who could be more offensive. Marsh was going to be the guy I guess but clearly needed to head home. In Frost and Brown they weren't really getting any of that. Still for the money Brown was on and the fact he is such a good club guy and we needed depth I probably lent to keeping him as dont think Dunn is that much better but equally the club needed to be transparent I guess and maybe they also wanted the list spot. One thing that Dunn does offer is that he is a much better kick in than anything we have had since Leon Davis.

Trade Period

As a whole the Free Agency and Trading Period for us was a disaster. If we werent just giving players away (Cloke & Brown) then we were giving them away for very little (Witts most certainly and Frost to a lesser extent). At the other end of the spectrum the blokes we brought in we paid a big price for (particularly WHE). Of course wont be known til next year but if we have a low finish then we have paid a very high price. He was a 3rd rounder in my view. Equally Chris Mayne. Thats an awful lot of coin for a player who has been ordinary for 2 years. In an environment where clubs didnt know the cap amount they were pretty loose with the change on that one. Still if Mayne can provide a mobile attacking option, kick some goals and work hard to keep the footy in the front 50 then it allows our structure to have Howe at HB where his kicking and intercepting is highly valued. Given his pay packet 30-40 goals for the season would be a good return for him. As for WHE I think he needs to be playing good senior footy. The club have most probably given a pick 25 for him and a fair wad of cash and that means he needs to be playing senior footy.

Ones that got away we clearly Caleb Marchbank and Michael Hurley. They had a decent crack at both of those and you would have to think Gubby had asked about Tom Rockliff. James Stewart was one I think could have been a miss but the mail is not strong enough overhead. Still would have been worth the 40th spot on our senior list over and above say a Mitch McCarthy. I suspect so. Am told Collingwood were every chance to get him if they wanted him but didnt want him in the end. Given the forward options will be interesting to see how big a bet that one was.

Recruits

Callum Brown - Did the right thing matching that bid. They still had a way to go to their next pick so would have been sure therir next best available player would have been there even if they decided to pass.

Josh Daicos - Club would have been thrilled he made it that far.

Mitch McCarthy - For mine they got that selection spot on. Was rapt to see him get a go.

Who they may have missed - I would have done exactly what they did.

Liam Mackie - Running HB type. Got speed and is a lovely kick but is coming from a fair way back and will be a project player. Walker would have been my pick but he lacks speed and that was what counted against him am told. Still an elite kick that knows how to find the footy and sure he can become a Rampe type player.

Max Lynch
- Terrific selection for mine. We needed a ruck and would have taken he or Olango. What I like about Max is he is big and aggressive. Reminds me of a Darren Jolly type ruck. Will be ready sooner than you think.

What a poor synopsis

The trading was NOT a disaster!!! We don't know how it going to play out

Try and stay balanced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MightyRoar

Club Legend
Dec 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey Snoop.....any chance with the recruitment of Dunn and if it pays off with him at FB, that we will look at playing Keefey FWD, as was planned a couple years back before he decided to try out a bit of "Nose Candy"

I think the Langdon v Scharenberg argument is an interesting one. Like most I really like what Ramsay brings and see the potential of having him in. Sinclair v Maynard is another two dicing for positions and Smith is likely to be doing all he can to get a place too.

Still Langdon v Scharenberg v Goldsack has intrigue. Its really the 1st two that are most interesting. Langdon has runs on the board at senior level and I think will continue to develop. He holds the ball a long time often but rarely gets caught. I think thats something he will develop and will increasingly find better options with the ball as he matures. He can find the ball and is strong overhead so I like what he brings. Unlike probably most I have been under whelmed by what Shaz has shown at VFL level when he has played. The hopes for him really lie in his U18 form which I didn't see. Hope he makes it but from what I have seen of him and from how far back he is coming from he is at the back of the line for now. I am not that hopeful of him forcing his way to the front.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back