Conspiracy Theory 'snopes' & 'metabunk' discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the coke can thing? Ive seen certain demographics refer to it a lot lately. Followed by how humorous it is...

But I've never seen anything deeper than that.

1. What is the coke can thing?
2. What is it's relation to science and 911?
3. Why is it so funny?

Some people think that this explains how Building 7 fell at free fall.
The science is amazing.

What is the coke can thing? Ive seen certain demographics refer to it a lot lately. Followed by how humorous it is...

3. Why is it so funny?
It was a visual representation of one aspect (of which there are thousands) of the WTC7 collapse.
It wasnt a scientific study, nor was it proof of anything specific. It was a representation of buckling, and the force needed.

Nut doesnt want to (or cannot) understand this.

3. Why is it so funny?
You do have to look into the coke can thing,because itis rather funny. Even children laugh and say what the heck.

Really shows Metabunk up for the garbage it is,and they even got a bit of product placement out of it.

You do have to look into the coke can thing,because itis rather funny. Even children laugh and say what the heck.

Really shows Metabunk up for the garbage it is,and they even got a bit of product placement out of it.
Im not sure someone who says they are "70% sure" the earth is flat is someone we should be paying attention to to be honest...

Some people think that this explains how Building 7 fell at free fall.
The science is amazing.
Who thinks that and why? Do you have a deeper explanation or a link or something, please?

It was a visual representation of one aspect (of which there are thousands) of the WTC7 collapse.
It wasnt a scientific study, nor was it proof of anything specific. It was a representation of buckling, and the force needed.

Thanks that gives a little more insight. I remember in primary school something similar was used to show how different shapes can hold different loads. A slight dent into the side of the can and it could be crushed under foot.

I enjoy reading a good conspiracy theory, but there needs to be a little mystery. How the * can we have a 9/11 conspiracy theory when what happened was broadcast in real time for everyone to see. Smacks of desperation to me.

Last edited:
Im not sure someone who says they are "70% sure" the earth is flat is someone we should be paying attention to to be honest...
I think the whole universe is flat,but like has been pointed out,you sure love a deflection don't you.

How does anyone know what's going on anymore? There's a pretty big chance we have governments smashing down their own buildings and killing innocent people.

Metabunk is an absolute joke,and who wants a Metabunk on the Twin towers when what we want is a proper investigation. The whole commission report garbage stinks to high heaven,and certainly points to a major cover up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a good way of explaining it. Only deluded conspiracy theorists come up with the claim "they used a coke can" to explain WTC 7. It is not the case at all - it is merely an explanation of buckling and some of the forces involved.

I enjoy reading a good conspiracy theory, but there needs to be a little mystery. How the **** can we have a 9/11 conspiracy theory when what happened was broadcast in real time for everyone to see. Smacks of desperation to me.

It's all about the Narrative....Might I suggest you do some investigative journalism of your own volition....Instead of sheepishly mouthing platitudes and offering them up as insights.

And Snopes is a complete joke....A complete fabrication lacking any independence whatsoever....A shill front & set-up of the establishment.

It's all about the Narrative....Might I suggest you do some investigative journalism of your own volition....Instead of sheepishly mouthing platitudes and offering them up as insights.

And Snopes is a complete joke....A complete fabrication lacking any independence whatsoever....A shill front & set-up of the establishment.
I know enough about 9/11 and the narrative. Was it used to justify an expensive and pointless war? Sure. Did America blow up its own buildings as a false flag operation? Get a grip. It's not like the accepted story is unbelievable.

I reckon you're a paid shill who makes conspiracy theorists look like idiots with your wild, baseless claims. Prove me wrong.

I know enough about 9/11 and the narrative. Was it used to justify an expensive and pointless war? Sure. Did America blow up its own buildings as a false flag operation? Get a grip. It's not like the accepted story is unbelievable.

so how was the war going to happen , otherwise?

if 9/1 not happened would they just wait 20 years ?

You're saying this with a straight face are you?

No mention whatsoever of the collapse/demolition of WTC7, A 47 story steel-framed & inner-core columned sky-scraper, in the 'Official' cover-up story.

No evidence of any plane crashes at Philly or the Pentagon....And video proof that the 2nd plane that hit the South tower, was no commercial jet-liner.

I respect you as a poster & think you're very balanced....But in this particular instance, you really do need to check your facts.

You're saying this with a straight face are you?

No mention whatsoever of the collapse/demolition of WTC7, A 47 story steel-framed & inner-core columned sky-scraper, in the 'Official' cover-up story.

No evidence of any plane crashes at Philly or the Pentagon....And video proof that the 2nd plane that hit the South tower, was no commercial jet-liner.

I respect you as a poster & think you're very balanced....But in this particular instance, you really do need to check your facts.
I watched the damn thing unfold live; I haven't see this 'video proof' you speak of, but needless to say I'm highly sceptical of it, as well as the claims about Tower 7, which have well and truly been addressed numerous times (and which will never be accepted by those wanting to see a conspiracy). Likewise, the claims of no evidence at Philly or the Pentagon are simply not true, just no evidence that conspiracy theorists will accept.

What's so unbelievable about a suicide attack; it's not like we haven't seen enough in the last 15 years to believe it absurd.

I watched the damn thing unfold live; I haven't see this 'video proof' you speak of, but needless to say I'm highly sceptical of it, as well as the claims about Tower 7, which have well and truly been addressed numerous times (and which will never be accepted by those wanting to see a conspiracy). Likewise, the claims of no evidence at Philly or the Pentagon are simply not true, just no evidence that conspiracy theorists will accept.

We are speaking of a 47 story steel-framed & columned structure that would quite literally take weeks to 'wire' for it to collapse & come-down in the manner in which it did....Either you are incredibly ignorant about architectural engineering & demolition, or just plainly naive, in being willing to accept everything you are sold by the so-called authorities....Who were complicit in it's cover-up.

So where's the proof of any aeroplanes whatsoever at either site?....You do realize all eye-witness accounts corroborate no airplane debris, luggage, bodies et al, at both sites?

Your position is the untenable, naive & trusting one....A position that has nothing to do with the facts of the case.

We are speaking of a 47 story steel-framed & columned structure that would quite literally take weeks to 'wire' for it to collapse & come-down in the manner in which it did....Either you are incredibly ignorant about architectural engineering & demolition, or just plainly naive, in being willing to accept everything you are sold by the so-called authorities....Who were complicit in it's cover-up.

So where's the proof of any aeroplanes whatsoever at either site?....You do realize all eye-witness accounts corroborate no airplane debris, luggage, bodies et al, at both sites?

Your position is the untenable, naive & trusting one....A position that has nothing to do with the facts of the case.
There are as many websites debunking the conspiracy theories as there are websites promoting them. I don't have time to rehash 16 years of conspiracies, but there is evidence there if you want to see it. If you don't, then you won't. And while there have been times when things have proven true despite overwhelming evidence, I hardly think being on the side of the most evidence makes my position 'untenable'.

But do you want to know the one thing that makes me think the government didn't orchestrate this great conspiracy? How about the fact that the government couldn't even hide the fact that Bill Clinton got a blowie in the Oval Office or that Nixon bugged a room. Bush was notoriously inept, he couldn't even get the WMD accusation to stick, except we're are supposed to believe he hoodwinked the whole world (bar a few internet detectives). Now that's unbelievable.

That's a good way of explaining it. Only deluded conspiracy theorists come up with the claim "they used a coke can" to explain WTC 7. It is not the case at all - it is merely an explanation of buckling and some of the forces involved.

A Golf club and a shoe with a wooden board attached to it with 3 coke cans... it would have been more realistic apparently if one of the coke cans were on fire...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back