Remove this Banner Ad

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
Was he on display today for a possible new suitor?

Could be part of a deal to get first pick

A couple of players plus our first round for pick 1

OK, I see where you're going now. Well, to be serous about it, SCOS would be loose change in a deal that involved getting pick 1 (meaning Boyed I assume ... oh I do like that idea :)). So with that in mind, I just don't see how we could get close. In Big Footy world, yeah, I can see some creative trading being done - real world, ain't going to happen.

Reckon Saints might be keen now that Brown from west coast signed. Which would mean a pick 30+ along the similar value to Broughton.

Funny how some on this board were calling for Dawson to be dropped in favour of SCOS last year, Now all that is heard is crickets.

Think he is worth too little to trade him. More valuable as backup backman then whatever we will get. Until we get a really good deal, but I can't see it...

Yeah, agree with that. I mean Dawson and MJ are holding their own, but that's it really for quality tall backs that are ready to go at the moment. And we're always a bit better when MJ doesn't have to be too responsible for a tall because of his athletic rebounding ability.

SCOS is good for our list as it stands and we'd not get much value out of a trade I think ... unless it's part of some left field fantasy trade that the OP has in mind.

Short of Fyfe does anyone really think we have players with the currency to pry pick 1 away in a trade?

Silvagni + Hill (for example) + 18 (or whatever our draft pick will be) for pick 1 in the draft would only work in a footy simulation game with the difficulty set on easy. It's not happening.

Short of Fyfe does anyone really think we have players with the currency to pry pick 1 away in a trade?

Silvagni + Hill (for example) + 18 (or whatever our draft pick will be) for pick 1 in the draft would only work in a footy simulation game with the difficulty set on easy. It's not happening.

So you are suggesting that a pick 3 player who is 23 and played 100 games is not worth a pick 1 on his own, that you would have to add in pick 18. I can only assume you that your opinion of Silvagni is that low that in order to get rid of him we would have to give way overs for pick 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used Hill as just an example, a fringe player packaged with a late first rounder would never, ever be enough to get No 1 overall especially considering Boyd has such massive hype. You'd need to throw in a quality player at a minimum to get it done.

I don't think Silvagni is complete s**t tants but I suspect I definitely don't rate him as highly as you seem to do.

good back up and does have dawson in some areas for sure.
Seems to read it a little better and get lost a little less also a little better with ground balls.
No way is he best 22 over dawson though because 2nd tall is genuinely on ruckmen when the idea is to spoil and you don't have to pick off other kicks.
Dawson is not a no. 1 key defender though so if silvagni got us a decent deal (GWS fans happy to give pick 20) would take it and use to draft better back-up defender or forward.

I used Hill as just an example, a fringe player packaged with a late first rounder would never, ever be enough to get No 1 overall especially considering Boyd has such massive hype. You'd need to throw in a quality player at a minimum to get it done.

I don't think Silvagni is complete s**t tants but I suspect I definitely don't rate him as highly as you seem to do.
Agreed on the first, which is why it is not worth it.

It was more the under-rating of players like Hill. Silvagni and Anything wont get the number 1 pick more than Anything would on it's own.

I like the effort he brings, does give it a good crack. Might have a break out year like Scotty Thompson from NM did this year. Id keep him on the list. He isn't useless

Watched the replay just then. Silv >>dawson. If we trade him, doesn't leave many/any options to rest mcpharlin next year. Btw silv>>tanner

I always get my greater thans and less thans mixed up, so Im just going to assume youre saying dawson is greater than silvagni, because no actuall fremantle supporter with any knowledge could possibly suggest that silvagni is a better player than dawson

I always get my greater thans and less thans mixed up, so Im just going to assume youre saying dawson is greater than silvagni, because no actuall fremantle supporter with any knowledge could possibly suggest that silvagni is a better player than dawson
1<2= the crocodile eats the highest (greatest) number. :)

Unless they are talking about hairdos.

This sums it up really, we're not gonna get anything for him. He's provide more to us as depth than a pick we won't use, or if he chose to walk for more opportunities.

Im not sure silvagni will see it this way though. Id be surprised if he didnt ask for a trade to a team who could use him more i.e bulldogs, gws, st kilda even carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back