Autopsy Snow bunnies beat the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame about the other 3 quarters ey?

Will that be the name of your commemorative DVD? "The Other Three Quarters"?

"A must for every fan of the red and the blue, The Other Three Quarters tells for the first time the amazing story about how Melbourne went one week longer in the finals than they otherwise might have. At last, the inspiring story of those remarkable three quarters can be told"

Last edited:
Oliver playing with 2 bung shoulders get a mention? No. Because he was selected just as Burgoyne was so it's no excuse.
No Lever or Hogan too.
A "classless" midfield all in their 2nd final with an average age of 22.
Get your hand off it.

I wanted to say something rude about your club but it's just too easy.

;)

Oliver playing with 2 bung shoulders get a mention? No. Because he was selected just as Burgoyne was so it's no excuse.
No Lever or Hogan too.
Get your hand off it.
So no silverware for Melbourne in my lifetime. I am 53 years old. Been a great lifetime, so far. Why do you bother? When the person is on life support, the doctor turns the machine off if they have been on life support for 54 years, they don't go out and defend the patient to other doctors whose patients are winning olympic medals and premierships. It's just silly. It must be embarrassing at parties when people ask you who you support, do you break eye contact before you mumble under your break "Melbourne" and hope they hear a little implied "north" before it? or do you look them in the eye and say "MELBOURNE! WHAT OF IT?" daring them not to smirk.

Will that be the name of your commemorative DVD? "The Other Three Quarters"?

"A must for every fan of the red and the blue, The Other Three Quarters tells for the first time the amazing story about how Melbourne went one week longer in the finals than they otherwise might have. For the first time, the inspiring story of those remarkable three quarters can be told"

Will this be bundled with the next episode DVD "No Quarters"?

Here is a sneak preview of the cover art:
upload_2018-9-25_14-27-38.png

No Lever or Hogan too.

Some of your fellow supporters tried to tell me Hogan was a liability , and your structures are better without him.

As I've said elsewhere, I don't really give a * about who you had out. Plenty of years of tanking to pad your quality depth meant you could handle outs a lot more than we could. Everyone got excited when you beat west coast a few weeks ago with Kennedy out injured, and Darling injured in the first quarter. Some players are more important to some sides than others. We saw how important those two outs were on the weekend once they were back in the side. Because of our lack of midfield depth , O'Meara missing and then Mitchell playing more than 75% of the game with a ruptured AC joint had a huge impact on the outcome. We play Burgoyne more in the midfield when he's needed there, but his ribs made that difficult. Basically what happened in the second quarter was a prelude to what happened for a full game in the prelim.

The weekend shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone that was watching carefully. WC without their top 4, GWS at the MCG (now 1 win in the last 8 games there), Hawthorn , the shallowest midfield in the top 8 with its best mid injured during the game, and the second best out. Before those wins you'd not beaten a top 8 side. These wins grossly inflated opinions on Melbourne. What we saw in the prelim was simply a return to the form they showed when Hawthorn, Richmond and Pies smashed them previously in the season.

Classy midfields don't get dominated for even a quarter by a midfield where the top 2 uninjured players are Shiels and Howe. They also don't let sides massacre them like WC did.

Get your hand off it.

You've come to the Hawthorn board to lecture us about how mighty Melbourne is after the most humiliating finals loss I've seen in a very long time. I think it is clear who the w***er is here.

I expect we are wasting our time replying to you. If you've not figured out after 8000+ posts that sprouting the s**t you have on another team's board is bad form, then I doubt you have the mental capacity to understand the simplest of points. Perhaps you are one of those entitled MCC types that thinks their opinion is like gold and you are doing us all a favour sharing it with us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back