So...are you disappointed in our season?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was expecting a 21 and 4 ratio and so far we got 16 and 7!! I think that answers the OP!

Yes!
Poor list management due to same shocking losses.
Leadership void, lack of intensity and passion.
Should've been a walk over flag.

H
Yes!
Poor list management due to same shocking losses.
Leadership void, lack of intensity and passion.
Should've been a walk over flag.

Topped the league in most categories and managed to squander 3 home and away ganes by less than 10 points. .

I really hope the long road doesnt squander what should be a comprehensive flag

H

Topped the league in most categories and managed to squander 3 home and away ganes by less than 10 points. .

I really hope the long road doesnt squander what should be a comprehensive flag

It shouldn't, we have had 8 days recovery after the prelim and we are at the G and can see the finish line now for a famous 3peat.

I hope this thread looks rather silly in 98 hours time.
Yeah but where's Hodgey at?

(I bagged out Burgers earlier in the year during a game thread and Burgers silkily communicated to me to STFU with the ball. )

It's pretty easy to jump off the bandwagon after a few sh&tty games but this club is AMAZING at pacing themselves. It's easy to forget that when we put in a crap performance. There is that impending doom of Hodge, Burgers and Mitchell losing their touch through age that we all fear a bit.

Lake surprised me last week. I thought he looked cooked a few weeks bag. He was awesome last week. Pretty amazing how we manage the older crew to unleash in September.

Hawthorn rools

Fair to say this might be another thread whose tenure is up? Or can we realistically be 'disappointed' if we've made the grannie and (god forbid) fail to take the chocolates? Do our expectations continually rise the closer we are to the ultimate prize? At 4-4 would we have taken a 4th straight grand final appearance, regardless of the result, as a bl00dy great effort?

Fair to say this might be another thread whose tenure is up? Or can we realistically be 'disappointed' if we've made the grannie and (god forbid) fail to take the chocolates? Do our expectations continually rise the closer we are to the ultimate prize? At 4-4 would we have taken a 4th straight grand final appearance, regardless of the result, as a bl00dy great effort?

Yeah at 4-4 I would have taken it in a heartbeat but now we are at the big dance I expect our lads to get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we win the GF by less than 63 points I'll be a little disappointed, that's my benchmark, disappointed if we don't continue to improve each season. ;-)

I hear the weather's going to be great

Might just wander over to the MCG and have a bit of a look around

I'd stay away, there's some event on and it may be crowded.

Difficult to find a park, too.

So I come back here and under bad circumstances... When I wrote this thread I was a tad disapointed am I really disapointed absolutely freaking well not.. We gave our all... We found form towards the end and the right time would I give and arm and leg to be at the G yes I would... But I now accept my chance is gone... It wasn't meant to be... But it is to be for Hawthorn...some people and clubs never get to a grand final live I got two chances 08 14... Am I disapointed in that absolutely NOT.In my dreams I wish I could go back to the 2008 grand after waiting 17 years ... The joy and the beautiful day I had with the fans.. The sun shining...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back