So. Aus fans: What kind of crap crowd do you call that?

Remove this Banner Ad

NYMets

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2001
a windy hill by the sea
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Mets & ManUtd Giggsyrulz
Don't dare post one more word about the MCC again. Not one syllable! (sp)
The Bombers get 2x that playing in Sydney!!!!!
Disgraceful.
You mean non-Port Adelaide fans won't come to a final against Collingwood the great attraction?

Originally posted by NYMets
Disgraceful.
You mean non-Port Adelaide fans won't come to a final against Collingwood the great attraction?

Don't blame South Australian fans.Why would anyone who doesn't follow Port want to go? What? To see Collingwood? You don't get it do you?

Re: Re: So. Aus fans: What kind of crap crowd do you call that?

Originally posted by Leaping Linder

Don't blame South Australian fans.Why would anyone who doesn't follow Port want to go? What? To see Collingwood? You don't get it do you?

Exactly, if Crows were playing we would have got 43-50000 ppl there!

Aha. And how many would North Melbourne get at the MCG? I seem to recall a North vs Port first round final of 20,000, so shove it in your hole.

Re: Re: So. Aus fans: What kind of crap crowd do you call that?

Originally posted by Porthos
Aha. And how many would North Melbourne get at the MCG? I seem to recall a North vs Port first round final of 20,000, so shove it in your hole.

33, 000.

I was there. ****ed rain all day.

If you have a hole, I suggest you give that a fair shove also.

Re: Re: Re: So. Aus fans: What kind of crap crowd do you call that?

Originally posted by NorthBhoy

33, 000.

I was there. ****ed rain all day.

If you have a hole, I suggest you give that a fair shove also.
Just looked it up, 31,476, so yours closer than mine.

I was also there, and the weather was fine before the match. And is even then beside the point....should that game have been played in Adelaide because it would've had marginally more people? No.

The players, theam, club & supporters have earnt the right to a home final and all that entails - including home ground advantage, ability to get to the game, etc.

By playing this final in Adelaide, one hell of a lot more Port supporters got to go and see their team's earned final than they would at the MCG. Probably around 28,000 of them.

No one has claimed that Port are as widely supported as Essendon. Try comparing apples with apples....that crowd was due a lot to Sydney supporters going to watch footy at Stadium Australia, and you know it. The fact that games against Richmond and Carlton both pulled heavily above what they would at the SCG on form shows that.

If it was playing in Melbourne the crowd would have been 50000 plus.

So how did Port get a crowd of over 40,000 last week, yet can only draw 33,000 this week, especially when 10,000 of the fans were Collingwood supporters.

The same thing happened last year in the preliminary final between Hawthorn and Port.

Only 35,000 turned up for that one.

Originally posted by joshhem
The crowd at the Gabba tonight will be as full as it gets, i think the port situation is a bit different though

Do they serve full-strength beer at the Gabba?

Originally posted by hawkfan5
If it was playing in Melbourne the crowd would have been 50000 plus.

So how did Port get a crowd of over 40,000 last week, yet can only draw 33,000 this week, especially when 10,000 of the fans were Collingwood supporters.

The same thing happened last year in the preliminary final between Hawthorn and Port.

Only 35,000 turned up for that one.

I'm not one for sticking up for Port fans (Usually I wouldn't take my foot of one's head if one was drowning) but fair crack of the whip!

1. Dont blame all Sth Australians for the crowd. Do you blame all Victorians for North's/Bulldogs etc crowds. Try to realise that the majority of South Aussies couldn't give a fat rats arse about Port, so why would we shell out $44 peso's for a ticket to a game involving probably the two most hated teams in the AFL world? Which brings me to my second point...

2. How bloody expensive do the AFL think they can get tickets for the finals before they kill off attendance all together? They just dont get it do they. 46k for last week, 33k this week and last years FP final. It doesn't take Captain Obvious to figure out that the only difference between the 1 well attended game and the 2 poorly attended games is price of tickets.

and to NY Mets, specifically: You are a clown! Port earned the game at Footy Park. I couldn't care if Essenscum could draw 1 gazzilion people to a game at the biggest stadium in the world, doesn't change that fact. Also doesn't right the wrong that is the AFL/MCC finals deal. As long as it's still in existance, I'll still be bitchin' about it. You don't want to hear one more word about it, then tell your selfish club to side with the Non-Vic teams to get it changed.

Originally posted by Still Crowing

I'm not one for sticking up for Port fans (Usually I wouldn't take my foot of one's head if one was drowning) but fair crack of the whip!

1. Dont blame all Sth Australians for the crowd. Do you blame all Victorians for North's/Bulldogs etc crowds. Try to realise that the majority of South Aussies couldn't give a fat rats arse about Port, so why would we shell out $44 peso's for a ticket to a game involving probably the two most hated teams in the AFL world? Which brings me to my second point...

2. How bloody expensive do the AFL think they can get tickets for the finals before they kill off attendance all together? They just dont get it do they. 46k for last week, 33k this week and last years FP final. It doesn't take Captain Obvious to figure out that the only difference between the 1 well attended game and the 2 poorly attended games is price of tickets.

and to NY Mets, specifically: You are a clown! Port earned the game at Footy Park. I couldn't care if Essenscum could draw 1 gazzilion people to a game at the biggest stadium in the world, doesn't change that fact. Also doesn't right the wrong that is the AFL/MCC finals deal. As long as it's still in existance, I'll still be bitchin' about it. You don't want to hear one more word about it, then tell your selfish club to side with the Non-Vic teams to get it changed.

Correct!
Last night I spent the worst $46.75 cents of my life, It is a ridiculous price for tickets especially when you cannot drink in the stadium and have to walk 200metres for a cigarette, that is why more and more people are going to the Pub nowadays to watch it on the bigscreen and spend there 46 dollars on 18 schooners

Disgraceful.

But apparently the Bombers only get 37,000 at Colonial, their home ground.

As many people have posted on several threads, the expensive AFL tickets (combined with not much delayed telecasts perhaps) keep the crowds down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by hawkfan5

It might have something to do with $$$$$$$$, same reason the Bombers only got 37,000 today

I didnt see 10,000 Collingwood fans maybe 5,000 at the most. :eek:

There are a lot of Bombers fans in Adelaide, will be interesting to see how many of them show up next week.

Originally posted by P0RT P0WER

Correct!
Last night I spent the worst $46.75 cents of my life, It is a ridiculous price for tickets especially when you cannot drink in the stadium and have to walk 200metres for a cigarette, that is why more and more people are going to the Pub nowadays to watch it on the bigscreen and spend there 46 dollars on 18 schooners

Can't say I blame you for having that outlook. I didn't realise the tickets were THAT much, any complaints about the lack of crowd should be silenced by that knowledge.

Is the game telecast live in Adelaide at all? Couldn't really blame a group of people going to the pub and watching it instead of being there at those prices.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back