So How Dangerous is COVID Really?

Remove this Banner Ad

isn't the onus on pro-mask to prove their case? He can just say he's looked everywhere and there isn't one. Ultimately it's going to be on you to prove your case.

I've read studies that support the hypothesis that masks are effective at reducing virus transmission though.

I've also read studies that suggest that they don't.
When I compared the conditions of these studies, I can to the conclusion that in environments where both people are wearing masks (regardless of the type), the chance of transferring the virus is significantly reduced.

It doesn't stop it %100 of course. But it clearly reduces the chances of droplets getting from one person's face and into the orifice's of another's.

Last edited:
isn't the onus on pro-mask to prove their case? He can just say he's looked everywhere and there isn't one. Ultimately it's going to be on you to prove your case.
BTW, I'm not trying to prove any point.

I'm just trying to understand how someone can state something as fact, without even knowing if it's even close to fact or not.

Doctors and nurses have worn masks for over 100 years. Im pretty sure there is plenty of evidence supporting masks reducing the spread of disease.

Though it does require proper use. People who their noses or even entire faces exposed may as well not bother.

Same with those who wear a bandana over their mouth. Cant imagine that counts as a legit mask.

But the police stopped bothering in NSW when the clown Premier took over.

cloth masks do nothing at all. That probably accounts for half the wearers. Then there's the portion of improper use of surgical masks. I've been to hospital a few times and can't recall ever speaking to a nurse or doctor wearing a mask. I assume they donned them after knocking me out pre-surgery though. But outside of surgery or an infectious disease ward, I don't think you'll find them the norm. If wearing them in surgery is your benchmark then there's a few other things that we need to be doing. But I don't think anyone genuinely equatest the risks.

And yes the cloth ones really dont do much. At most it reduces how far your breath travels so you maybe wont infect people 1m away.
But that's exactly the type of scenario we're trying to reduce the risk in.

We don't particularly care if under clinical studies it's shown that droplets can get through the gaps in a mask. We're looking at studies that mimic scenarios such as waiting in line at a shop, whilst social distancing, for 10 minutes.

Or walking past someone in the street.

Vaccination was never planned to be the only solution.

Masks. Hand sanitising. Better indoor air quality. Sensible practices all needed to keep the vulnerable safer.

And if the vulnerable do get it, we should have a hospital system that can help them rather than trying to also help people who could have avoided hospital by getting the vaccination... but freeeeeeedumb.
i posted in the thread on crows board that from the beginning mt gambier prison had a temperature checker that everyone entering the prison had to walk past. Nobody entered without getting the all clear. Reckon we deployed a similar control into every aged care home to protect an even greater at risk group? Speaking to a visiting justice the other day and they've now added passing a RAT before entry. No exceptions, 15 minute wait, like it or lump it.

Re vaccination, they did expect it to do a lot better than barely anything. Lucky it's so good at reducing illness.

they did expect it to do a lot better than barely anything
It has done a lot better than barely anything.

Unvaccinated are about triple the chance of being hospitalised.

What did you expect it to do?

It has done a lot better than barely anything.

Unvaccinated are about triple the chance of being hospitalised.

What did you expect it to do?

I thought you were smarter than that. I'm clearly talking about the reduction in transmission feature and even go on to say that it's lucky that it's so good at reducing the illness. 2 features, first was it would near halt transmission = fail. Second, reduce degree of illness when infected = raging success. Surely you understand this by now? It's not that difficult.

I thought you were smarter than that. I'm clearly talking about the reduction in transmission feature and even go on to say that it's lucky that it's so good at reducing the illness. 2 features, first was it would near halt transmission = fail. Second, reduce degree of illness when infected = raging success. Surely you understand this by now? It's not that difficult.
More false statements.

You're now just starting to speak s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they question what’s their response going to be when I say that I have an exemption? I used that at Whack Sports at Albion Brisbane when asked before I purchased $260 Adidas cricket spikes for my daughter.
So one assumes that you have a written medical exemption that you can show, thus avoiding embarrassment by being accused of being a selfish liar. Otherwise one might think you were a campaigner who cared for no one.

i posted in the thread on crows board that from the beginning mt gambier prison had a temperature checker that everyone entering the prison had to walk past. Nobody entered without getting the all clear.
Many many health services have been doing this since 2020...Including mine.
Helpful, but not really accurate. Not all people get fevers and doesnt do anything for asymptomatic carriers.
It was kinda helpful in the early stages when fever was a reliable symptom of covid, however it isnt with omicron....

Helpful, but not really accurate. Not all people get fevers and doesnt do anything for asymptomatic carriers.
It was kinda helpful in the early stages when fever was a reliable symptom of covid, however it isnt with omicron....
Schools did it earlier on. Chemist Warehouse did too!

How concerned Is the medical community about long covid
Have you seen or heard of any with this many infections it seems it could become a major problem for our health system
Oxford just released a concerning study showing the vaccines do little to fight long covid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back