So How Dangerous is COVID Really?

Remove this Banner Ad

you don't have to source your random ancient polio claim?
These have been discussed many times.

Google finds reputable sources. This happened.

"Before the development of effective vaccines, polio epidemics stymied medical practitioners and communities. Public health officers often imposed quarantines by posting signs such as this one on the doors of private residences. While isolating infected people was one of the most effective approaches to containing polio, it required communities to report outbreaks in the early stages; additionally, citizens needed to obey the strict rules of quarantine."

Everything you've said to me is the bare minimum of veiled pretense that I'm at all welcome to my opinion, perspective, and voice. And you got all uppity the second I pushed back on your nonsense. Still moved the goal posts, again. You start with linking sources. Then maybe I will :cool:

Or just excercise your "power", dude.

Everything you've said to me is the bare minimum of veiled pretense that I'm at all welcome to my opinion, perspective, and voice. And you got all uppity the second I pushed back on your nonsense. Still moved the goal posts, again. You start with linking sources. Then maybe I will :cool:

Or just excericise your "power", dude.

Makes a myriad of statements of fact.

Refuses to supply any sources to support said statements.

Keep up those tropes.

Everything you've said to be is the bare minimum of veiled pretense that I'm at all welcome to my opinion, perspective, and voice. And you got all uppity the second I pushed back on your nonsense. Still moved the goal posts, again. You start with linking sources. Then maybe I will :cool:

Or just excericise your "power", dude.
You're posting nonsense. I'm responding with the best information I have. You're wrong about just about everything you've posted, while the rest is emotive and conspiratorial.

I can't stand by as this site is used as a communication channel for obvious rubbish parading as fact.

Sure you can. You can allow debate and various talking points. You surely don't believe they are going away if not allowed to exist on your particular little piece of the internet? That sounds even more entitled than my earlier musing.

Sure you can. You can allow debate and various talking points. You surely don't believe they are going away if not allowed to exist on your particular little piece of the internet? That sounds even more entitled than my earlier musing.

You could try providing sources?

You know, that thing people do when they want to debate facts.

These have been discussed many times.

Google finds reputable sources. This happened.

I haven't been here for nearly 2 years to see if its been discussed... Well not actually read this thread, so w/e. And quite honestly, genuinely, this is so telling the way you say that bolded. Because anyone knows that you just can't be reasoned with now. If "reputable" is invoked as a qualifier and you clearly believe yourself to be in control of all the arbitration of that. Then what in hell likelihood is it that anyone can provide something not state sanctioned that meets that standard. I'll post a link from a brazil study or India, meta analyses from Europe and you'll trot out tired tropes like saying "wheres the random controlled data" or some other nonsense position, just positing like only state sanctioned websites can meet this metric alone is cancer for debate.

It makes it a non-starter

I haven't been here for nearly 2 years to see if its been discussed... Well not actually read this thread, so w/e. And quite honestly, genuinely, this is so telling the way you say that bolded. Because anyone knows that you just can't be reasoned with now.
You prefer non-reputable sources?

Reputable sources are ones that draw from scientific knowledge. That have a track record of good presentation of that knowledge. That can suffer reputational damage if they lie or present illogical or alarmist or conspiratorial conclusions.

It's not me that decides this.

Then what in hell likelihood is it that anyone can provide something not state sanctioned that meets that standard.
What are you talking about? The state doesn't determine scientific evidence and knowledge.

Why are so many of the nutters WA based? The averages seem way out from how the anti vaxxers should be distributed

278082663_272471668429755_8506872988038361735_n.jpg

Great source

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fake bullshit will fade away eventually. Once it reaches a tipping point that the grifters aren't making money out of it, they will stop pumping it up.

Why are so many of the nutters WA based? The averages seem way out from how the anti vaxxers should be distributed
I know - it's been like this for many years. Not all WA people are like this. Many are fine people. On both sides.

Acting like this is worse than flu, the current hysteria. Type in "flu in perth 2019" there was a single day where 20+ children (just children) died of flu. So far in WA in all of the pandemic we only lost that many people. All skewing older because Coronavirus averages toward life expectancy. It's picking off vulnerable/immune compromised people.
How come every bit of information I can find says WA recorded 80 deaths from the flu in 2019. Yet you claim 20+ children died in a single day alone?

WA have recorded almost that many covid deaths in the last month.

Oh for... when?
I read the article she claims has the evidence yet it has no mention of 20+ children dying of the flu in one day.

Just on "precedents" - a bit of historic knowledge doesn't go astray
IT IS UNPRECEDENTED! AND WILL NEVER STOP!

But yeah it has happened before and restrictions and mandates are being reduced over time.

It's funny how the later a community experienced Covid, the later their restrictions started and the later they are being removed.

Probably the global bankers.

To answer the thread title, it's never been dangerous except for a very well known and tiny portion of the population. The great risk from day one was the enormous amount of asymptomatic carriers rolling around totally unaware they were about to infect nanna who might be a high risk of severe disease. But this knowledge was ignored in order to drive the necessary fear required to drive vax rates, which it had been decided was the only solution.

This included the now known outright lie that the virus wouldn't spread through a vaccinated population. Which saw the insanity of a segment of vaccinated people turning against unvaccinated because they believed they were the only people who could infect them. And even though it's now known to have been rubbish, many of those insane people still can't let go of their hatred of the unvaxxed.

Most people that catch the disease are fine, <3k of 27k asymptomatic according to this article. https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/...n/news-story/e707f42ceff3caefb300bd0bd35b2a4e But I am happy I'm vaxxed as it reduces the likelihood of severe disease when I get it, assuming I haven't already. But to care whether others are vaxxed or not has always been outright stupidity, or worse.

575177E5-66B4-445B-A825-777BE611B040.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back