So How Dangerous is COVID Really?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mock away. Fact free, as with all such.
You forgot to divulge, Covid lockdowns will one day morph into Climate lockdowns, electric vehicles compulsory. ..Oh yes, just a conspiracy theory..
It's just the beginning. The Great Reset.
Quick, contact Facebook/Twitter/ state Police, and get me cancelled/arrested. Nothing so dangerous as a different opinion..
We’ve had a whole year to see what happens when we let it run it’s course in other country’s. That’s why the let it rip gang gets mocked. Nothing so dangerous as an ignorant opinion.

We’ve had a whole year to see what happens when we let it run it’s course in other country’s. That’s why the let it rip gang gets mocked. Nothing so dangerous as an ignorant opinion.
Texas and California took very different approaches to combatting covid.

Would you accept a comparison between the two in terms of covid deaths as a good measure of how effective tighter lockdown rules are?

Would you accept a comparison between the two in terms of covid deaths as a good measure of how effective tighter lockdown rules are?

Did they though?

Politically they obviously talked different games, but both had heavy restrictions including masks and s**t.

'Lockdown' versus 'stay at home orders' sort of stuff.

Very different populations though also, so I don't know if there'd be much point trying to draw direct comparisons between the two.

Don't know if you've ever been to either, but they are entirely different places. With LA's homelessness, I'm surprised they didn't have far, far more cases to be honest.

Last edited:

Did they though. As pointed out after your post by LB the world has shown major restrictions or full lockdowns is the only way to control it. If there had been another way without sacrificing the elderly I’d be all for it.

So what does success look like - what is the exit plan?
State and National:

- zero infections : not going to happen
- zero community transmission : not going to happen
- 70% of total popul'n vaccinated : not going to happen

So tell me why, under current definitions:
lockdowns won't be: permanent

Mock away. Fact free, as with all such.
You forgot to divulge, Covid lockdowns will one day morph into Climate lockdowns, electric vehicles compulsory. ..Oh yes, just a conspiracy theory..
It's just the beginning. The Great Reset.
Quick, contact Facebook/Twitter/ state Police, and get me cancelled/arrested. Nothing so dangerous as a different opinion..
That ain't a conspiracy one day in the not to far distant future electric cars will be the only commercially available vehicles for the general public.

That ain't a conspiracy one day in the not too far distant future electric cars will be the only commercially available vehicles for the general public.
As soon as they set up the extensive network of charging stations around our vast, sparsely populated country, powered by forests of windmills and solar panels as far as the eye can see. Yep, can’t wait.

Did they though?

Politically they obviously talked different games, but both had heavy restrictions including masks and sh*t.

'Lockdown' versus 'stay at home orders' sort of stuff.

Very different populations though also, so I don't know if there'd be much point trying to draw direct comparisons between the two.

Don't know if you've ever been to either, but they are entirely different places. With LA's homelessness, I'm surprised they didn't have far, far more cases to be honest.
So hold on, when ever anyone mentions opening up we get told to look to India to see what can happen.

But comparing Texas to California is useless?
Wondering if the governor of California wish he could take a mulligan on this one.

Last edited:
State and National:

because its you who wrote it won’t happen under YOUR definitions who I like a lot of people will mock then laugh at. Ffs it’s 70% of the adult population. FMD

State and National:

What is your grounds for saying 70% vaccination won’t happen?
Numerous countries have already hit the marker (full disclosure - counting those who’ve received just one dose, since they will eventually get the second dose). Most notably Canada, a very similar country to us with an even larger population.

very dangerous, not so much the virus but the stupidity and ignorance it brings out in lowly educated people............and entitled karens and other elites who wants to manipulate the events to satisfy their egos.

Because there is no basis for this idea that 70% vaccination won't happen.

We have roughly 95% vaccination rates for all children in Australia for their childhood vaccines. Canada has already achieved 70% vaccination for first dose in its population for the COVID vaccines. There is no reason to think that 70% is ambitious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The real virus is the stupidity, ignorance and blindness it generates in the uneducated or unwilling to be educated. Some of them have tertiary degrees mind you like Katie Hopkins.

Because there is no basis for this idea that 70% vaccination won't happen.

We have roughly 95% vaccination rates for all children in Australia for their childhood vaccines. Canada has already achieved 70% vaccination for first dose in its population for the COVID vaccines. There is no reason to think that 70% is ambitious.

What's the current total vacc rate for Aus?

I do think that at some point we'll see the end of the internal combustion engine in cars. But that'll just be as a result of lowering emissions standards - y'know, the same way that modern vehicles all have to meet emissions standards right now.

It's the worst thing I've ever gone through, medical wise.

Allegedly caught off a complete stranger in a supermarket earlier this year. Or so I was told. Even now still a bit unsure about this.

Body ached (everywhere!) for 4-5 days, couldn't sleep despite being completely fatigued, non-stop headache, couldn't eat.

Plenty of people had it much worse than that but that was more than enough for me.

Getting my second Pfizer jab next week and can't come quick enough.

A long way to go. We are told the supply issues will lessen at the end of this month though - depends whether one believes SlowMo or not.

We did have 12 months to build a vaccine manufacturing facility instead of waiting to get the supply from usa.

Reading between the lines, there seem to be a lot of politics in this as much as technological issue.

Aus wants to be seen as right behind USA in whatever it does, including the vaccine politics. Buying usa vaccines, i.e pfizer is seen as keeping aus' side of the bargain. USA is a very irresponsible nation as proven by Trump but by many before and after him. Because of this, aus is stuck in a quagmire as it has burned the bridge with AZ due to prior media coverage.

This is what happen when you put immature people in leadership position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back