Draft Review 2020 - Revisit the 2020 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty damned happy with Campbell, McDonald and Gulden.

Campbell and Gulden should be in the team in 2 weeks time on pure output, Campbell showing amazing kicking ability and Gulden having a huge amount of footy smarts.

McDonald might not be best 22 yet but he could be in the team pretty early as well as he didn't look out of place today, and having him in the forward line improved our forward structure a lot.

Brockman and Downie strong chances of debuting Round 1. Both looking ready made.

DGB has been very good on the track and in match sim, but I think we’ll hold him back just a little.

Powell's 15 disposals in his first half was a big positive from Saturday

Spicer and Phillips showed good signs in the last quarter

It's similar to what Hawthorn did when we were at our peak, you have more time to develop (Shiels) and can take some risks (Smith, Garlett, etc).
Shiel is born in April? Every single club recruit players born later in the year - no club has a special exemption to draft bottom age players.

The only time I have seen this was when the expansion teams came in - Brad Crouch, O'Meara, Jack Martin & Hogan were drafted as bottom age players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shiel is born in April? Every single club recruit players born later in the year - no club has a special exemption to draft bottom age players.

The only time I have seen this was when the expansion teams came in - Brad Crouch, O'Meara, Jack Martin & Hogan were drafted as bottom age players.

Yeah I posted that without reading everything that followed. Shiel was the youngest player in his draft class and could have played another year in the TAC... From what I remember

Harry Sharp has impressed the coaches and training watchers.

Certainly much further ahead of where many expected him to be. Much better kick than advertised, elite runner as you’d expect, and puts his body on the line, so not a typical soft outside type.

2 weeks off being in this years draft, and finishing year 12, so the club is taking a slow approach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back