Prediction So how many weeks for Hurn

How many weeks for Hurn

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the current climate where the head is sacrosanct I thought he would get a week for sure.

When people were saying it's either three or none I thought 1) 3 weeks for that is beyond bullshit and 2) Surely there's something wrong with a scenario where it's a 3 week suspension or nothing...

The right call was made and we move on.

In the current climate where the head is sacrosanct I thought he would get a week for sure.

When people were saying it's either three or none I thought 1) 3 weeks for that is beyond bullshit and 2) Surely there's something wrong with a scenario where it's a 3 week suspension or nothing...

Common sense prevailed. Hurns being suspended would be as stupid as JD being suspended for accidentally knocking David out earlier in the year.

The important thing out of all of this is the Brownlow will still be Hurns :shoutyoldman:

Full report for those interested:

Contact between West Coast’s Shannon Hurn and the Western Bulldogs’ Mitch Honeychurch from the third quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. The ball is handballed in front of Honeychurch, who is running forward and seeking to take possession. Hurn is in the path of the Bulldogs’ player and takes up a stationary position. Honeychurch does not take possession of the ball and has his head down when contact is made with Hurn. In the instant before contact is made, Hurn turns his body slightly to protect himself and braces for inevitable contact. It was the view of the Match Review Officer that Hurn did not have a realistic alternative way to approach the contest. No further action was taken.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-23/match-review-full-statement-round-18

Obviously as an Eagles player (and captain no less) he (and Gaff) should be sent to Port Arthur Tasmania for the term of their natural lives !

Back