So hows Wayne Trainning?

Remove this Banner Ad

speedy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2001
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is a very imorptant off season for Wayne. If he stays injury free he is going to be a very good player for the crows (unfortunately).
Its not the osteitis or shoulders you got to worry about though, he has learned to play with bad shoulders and I think the osteitis pubis is going to be just a phase.
The thing you got to watch out for is his calf. He did it a couple of times in 2001 and he also missed some of the 2002 preseason with it aswell. I've been told its a bit of an old players injury and thats the one you got to watch out for. He has yet to prove its come good.

Anyway looking forward to playing against Wayne in 2003, lets hope he is fit enough to play. ;)

Originally posted by speedy
This is a very imorptant off season for Wayne. If he stays injury free he is going to be a very good player for the crows (unfortunately).
Its not the osteitis or shoulders you got to worry about though, he has learned to play with bad shoulders and I think the osteitis pubis is going to be just a phase.
The thing you got to watch out for is his calf. He did it a couple of times in 2001 and he also missed some of the 2002 preseason with it aswell. I've been told its a bit of an old players injury and thats the one you got to watch out for. He has yet to prove its come good.

Anyway looking forward to playing against Wayne in 2003, lets hope he is fit enough to play.

We have one of the best fitness/medical teams in the AFL and according to channel 10 news a week or so back they said the club has got him and Ronnie Burns on special training programs to cover for their age and past injuries so all looks good.

I agree, lets hope he's fit enough to play against your team ... so he can give you a spanking.;)

PS. It's good to finally see an opposition supporter who can admit that they think he'll be alright.:)

Oh and another thing, I was wondering how many of you still think he is an arrogant ****er?

The ****er chant might seem a little out of place coming from his own supporters, but hey it does fire him up.

Originally posted by speedy
Oh and another thing, I was wondering how many of you still think he is an arrogant ****er?

The ****er chant might seem a little out of place coming from his own supporters, but hey it does fire him up.
Yeah I still think he's got a big head - not that I'll care too much if he's kicking goals for us. So he wants us to chant ****er? Ok, whatever turns him on. Actually I probably won't need to bother, as there'll be enough Swans fans doing just that at the next match I'm at.

Havent seen him yet, but Sando, Jaques, Schwert and Craigy will get him cherry ripe I reckon. I'm sure he will enjoy the facilities here too It'll be good to see him with the rest of the squad on Tuesday.

Thanks for the info Speedy. As for the support from the home crowd...plenty of people here barracked for him when he played for SA years ago. He'll get plenty of support.

As for his arrogance, onfield - we need it! We need a leader up forward. Everyone here recognises that so it wont be an issue. Away from the track, he'll be a good boy on a very short leash I reckon.

Jerome

Yep, a leader up forward is definitely not a bad thing.

As for his arrogance, sometimes it seems he might be, but he might have changed his attitude, maybe it has since he's with a new club now, so let's see I suppose. If its there, maybe the arrogance can be a good thing to kind of spur on the other players to improve?

Personally I don't really care what his personality is like or if he is a ****er or whatever because all that matters is that he plays good football for us. I've never really despised him like some people have in the past but I must admit that I didn't really like the way he went on to umpires, players, supporters etc. But now the shoes on the other foot so I'm just happy he is here.

Originally posted by snakebite01
Personally I don't really care what his personality is like or if he is a ****er or whatever because all that matters is that he plays good football for us. I've never really despised him like some people have in the past but I must admit that I didn't really like the way he went on to umpires, players, supporters etc. But now the shoes on the other foot so I'm just happy he is here.

I hated him at the Roos!!!! But now he will be wearing the mighty Red, Gold & Blue - he is a legend!!!! I can't wait to buy my Wayne Carey badge!!!!

go Crows!!

k
xx

Many elite atheletes have abit of arogance about them. As pointed out, Carey will bring some much needed leadership & direction to the Crows forward line. Never really booed him when playing for the Roos - may of shouted abuse at him a few times though. Can remember chearing him on when he played for SA, so I won't have a problem following the King next year. I can't wait! :D

When did Carey play for SA? He was eligible for the Allies in the mid to late nineties, although if I recall correctly he tended to be one of those unlucky players who would get an untimely injury at State of Origin time.

Originally posted by DaveW
When did Carey play for SA? He was eligible for the Allies in the mid to late nineties, although if I recall correctly he tended to be one of those unlucky players who would get an untimely injury at State of Origin time.
Carey played a very memorable game for SA in the early 90's & helped get a victory over the Vics (Cornes was coaching I think). The AFL changed the eligibility rules to prevent him from playing for SA again (& making the like of Mitchell White eligible for SA). Allies was a joke of a concept.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Carey played a very memorable game for SA in the early 90's & helped get a victory over the Vics (Cornes was coaching I think). The AFL changed the eligibility rules to prevent him from playing for SA again (& making the like of Mitchell White eligible for SA). Allies was a joke of a concept.

I think you will find it was 1992. I also remember him saying once that the 92 State match was a turning point for him in his development. He took alot of confidence out of that match.

Later in the 92 season, I clearly remember Ted Whitten started saying he was the best CHF in the game and the Roos should make him Captain. KG could'nt believe it 'Better than Kernahan? You're having me on Teddy." It was a bloody good call by Mr Whitten.

Jerome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back