Analysis With so many clubs in jeopardy during the coronavirus, is it time for WA to bail out VIC again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes we all know what happened back in the bad old 80's, the beginning of the AFL, right? And the fact that era was bourne thanks to the blood, sweat and tears of Western Australia. Not to mention the creation of a club that had to sell its soul to the VFL to bail out a bankrupt competition in the first place.

Nevertheless, here we are again. Two of the most powerful and profitable clubs in this pissant league will probably be asked to donate money again to a couple of suburban league clubs masquerading as proper organisations run by amateurs. And yet again, history repeats.

AFL, you're welcome.

Collingwood is poorer than GC and we need to go back to Vic Park (NOT wa). Could you please rebuild it as the 3rd marquee stadium? That'd be really nice and Eddie would send you Christmas and birthday cards! How good would that be!?

You're so generous thanks for the offer!

It looks like Bunk Moreland has broken Capriati again

:D:D:D

For someone who melts on BigFooty regularly, this is quite possibly the most bizarre off-topic and completely strange rant I've heard from Capriati.

So now this thread includes #VICBIAS, the Essendon Drug Scandal--- what's next? Richmond's 7 Home Games in a row is the reason for COVID-19??

:D:D:D

There's no melting on my part, just telling Bunk how it is.

As usual, you're trying to deflect attention away from from Coasters taking you to the cleaners and giving you a touch up :D

There's no melting on my part, just telling Bunk how it is.

As usual, you're trying to deflect attention away from from Coasters taking you to the cleaners and giving you a touch up :D

When did West Coast take Richmond “to the cleaners & give them a touch up”??

Thanks for the entertainment Capriati— I’ve needed a laugh & you’re currently giving me that.

When did West Coast take Richmond “to the cleaners & give them a touch up”??

Thanks for the entertainment Capriati— I’ve needed a laugh & you’re currently giving me that.

I'm talking about the last time you came in to this thread and got shown up by Coaster2012

Keep deflecting, mate, gives me a good laugh watching you come off 2nd best in every discussion you're involved in.

I'm talking about the last time you came in to this thread and got shown up by Coaster2012

Keep deflecting, mate, gives me a good laugh watching you come off 2nd best in every discussion you're involved in.

Me deflecting??

I’m not the one that turned a thread about WA arrogance into an Essendon drug saga whinge fest.

Anyway— it doesn’t matter, these posts will be gone soon when mods notice then & give you a short ban for being foolish—-again!;)

This is irony at its finest!

It isn't West Coast who had 34 players banned from the competition due to systematically cheating with doping their players with performance enhancing drugs. That was your club, Essendon.

Your favourite son took over Essendon with grand plans to take you to the promised land. Instead, he destroyed the club and left it clinging on for dear life...

When Essendon's was on its knees, and in their darkest hour, who did they turn to lead them through and clean up the club?

Two time West Coast premiership captain and West Coast Premiership Coach John Worsfold....

You're welcome.

Stay on topic sunshine. Far from your woe-is-us tale, West Coast were basically a State Of Origin side and still were unable to get their s**t together until Malthouse was sent over there.

Stay on topic sunshine. Far from your woe-is-us tale, West Coast were basically a State Of Origin side and still were unable to get their s**t together until Malthouse was sent over there.

No they weren't Many of the best players from WA were in the VFL and playing for victorian clubs. Between 1980 and 1986 73 players were recruited from WAFL by VFL clubs. We were only allowed to recruit 6 players from VFL teams and no more than 1 per club.

Players like the krakouer brothers, Maurice Rioli and Nicky Winmar were players from the WAFL that remained on the list of Victorian clubs.

Hardly a state team as you suggested.

No they weren't Many of the best players from WA were in the VFL and playing for victorian clubs. Between 1980 and 1986 73 players were recruited from WAFL by VFL clubs. We were only allowed to recruit 6 players from VFL teams and no more than 1 per club.

Players like the krakouer brothers, Maurice Rioli and Nicky Winmar were players from the WAFL that remained on the list of Victorian clubs.

Hardly a state team as you suggested.
Why were so many WAFL player recruited to the VFL in the 80’s?

Why were so many WAFL player recruited to the VFL in the 80’s?

Because VFL clubs were more than happy to send themselves broke in the VFL arms race of the 1980's and WAFL clubs were more than happy to recieve the premium transfer fees VFL clubs were willing to pay.

Because VFL clubs were more than happy to send themselves broke in the VFL arms race of the 1980's and WAFL clubs were more than happy to recieve the premium transfer fees VFL clubs were willing to pay.
Yet the Vic clubs will still be playing in the highest level completion in 2021

Yet the Vic clubs will still be playing in the highest level completion in 2021

In 2021, yes. 9 Melbourne clubs remain in the comp because our broken economic model for AFL has been propped up by unprecendented economic growth.

A new Fox footy article again raises merges/relocation of Melbourne clubs, and there is rumblings in clubland and AFL they these issues may be back on the table now that our economic circumstances have changed.

In 2021, yes. 9 Melbourne clubs remain in the comp because our broken economic model for AFL has been propped up by unprecendented economic growth.

A new Fox footy article again raises merges/relocation of Melbourne clubs, and there is rumblings in clubland and AFL they these issues may be back on the table now that our economic circumstances have changed.
Yes articles to sell when there is no sport on. I’ve heard journalists talk about having a 4-6 week trade week now, anything to keep their jobs relevant.

The league has stated all 18 clubs will remain. Victoria produces the most revenue for the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes articles to sell when there is no sport on. I’ve heard journalists talk about having a 4-6 week trade week now, anything to keep their jobs relevant.

The league has stated all 18 clubs will remain. Victoria produces the most revenue for the league.

Kane Cornes isn't a journalist. He is an ex-footy player turned pundit.

You keep coming back to this. You seem very sure of it.

Do you have the modelling to support it?

Don’t expect West Coast supporters to use actual facts—- it’s all ‘guesstimates’ & opinions.

Not all of us mate

Maybe you should be correct your comrades who make foolish claims then??

Instead of responding to me— they are the ones making your kind look bad.

Maybe you should be correct your comrades who make foolish claims then??

Instead of responding to me— they are the ones making your kind look bad.

I agree mate and have said so in this thread and other threads, we are all in this together. Some of their claims i Actually agree with and some I don’t but either way it’s all ancient history now and we all have to come together so that footy has a strong future not just at AFL level but also at all levels.
I am a little concerned the AFL has not commented or been to concerned about footy underneath AFL, it’s still early of course so maybe they are worried and not telling us.

Football should not be run purely on economics imo but if you’re going to suggest that, then you need to back it up with modelling.

Bloody hard mate when the AFL, the media and many supporters keep saying it’s all about money. If it’s about money then make it about money, if it’s about the sport then stop telling us it’s about money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back