So keeping everything quiet, where has it got us ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody nowhere. A failed fitness program run by two utter incompetents, players wanting out, underperforming staff.

The silence is deafening.

Time for a clean out.

Last edited:
Yep... one thing I got taught when I was young was when ya **** up ya own it.. unfortunately spelling grammar brushing my teeth wasn't... ;)
I don't translate trash perhaps English isn't your forte.

I think what the club did by controlling their own media is fine, and is a good move. The constant barbs that kept coming our way from the traditional media sources was no doubt trying to illicit a response from the club, which never came, so the barbs kept coming. I would have liked to have seen indirect responses via social media streams calling out a lot of the bullshit, but then all of a sudden you are then playing their game. It's a lose/lose situation. As for the injury reporting stuff or lack thereof, all the clubs are the same and they all do it. There just seems to be a lot of focus from the AFL media on what comes from our club in regards to injuries. Another chance to pile on I guess. I would like some more clarity and some answers regarding the direction we are heading now that this season seems a write off, but that won't come until the end of the year.

Bloody nowhere. A failed fitness program run by two utter incompetents, players wanting out, underperforming staff.

The silence is deafening.

Time for a clean out.

I don't think keeping quiet has done that. What you are essentially doing is saying global warming is increasing due to the lack of piracy occurring in the world. Sure they match up well timing wise, but really, it has nothing to do with each other.

In the end of the day, keeping quiet or quashing every rumour means sweet * all.

I don't think keeping quiet has done that. What you are essentially doing is saying global warming is increasing due to the lack of piracy occurring in the world. Sure they match up well timing wise, but really, it has nothing to do with each other.

In the end of the day, keeping quiet or quashing every rumour means sweet **** all.
Do you believe the earth is flat ?

Do you believe the earth is flat ?

What relevance does that have to my comment?

I'm saying simply you are wanting to see something, so you are seeing it despite it having no basis in reality. What you say or don't say to the media has literally 0 effect on the club. None.

If we magically could go back in time and responded to them, that would not have stopped any of this happening because they are completely unrelated.

What relevance does that have to my comment?

I'm saying simply you are wanting to see something, so you are seeing it despite it having no basis in reality. What you say or don't say to the media has literally 0 effect on the club. None.
It was a genuine question.

The reason the club keeps everything in-house is because the media, particularly our local media have zero regard for the truth, zero credibility, zero moral compass and zero conscience. Everything and anything the club gives them is distorted, manipulated and often replaced by complete bullshit that fits their agenda. It’s has happened for years, infact decades. I like that we are keeping everything in-house. Hope we keep it that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason the club keeps everything in-house is because the media, particularly our local media have zero regard for the truth, zero credibility, zero moral compass and zero conscience. Everything and anything the club gives them is distorted, manipulated and often replaced by complete bullshit that fits their agenda. It’s has happened for years, infact decades. I like that we are keeping everything in-house. Hope we keep it that way.
Your right about local media but now is the time for damage control. Recent events will damage our product and hurt revenue streams.

It works both ways. Any small sign of dissent and the "ambassador" in question gets a please explain from the club.

The problem is the club has treated its own members with the same disdain that they have with the media.
There is now a divide between the club and its supporters.

It's an us vs them mentality and we fans are viewed as the them.

The club doesn't truly view us as a vital part of it, but rather as a necessary evil for the sake of money.

The problem is the club has treated its own members with the same disdain that they have with the media.
There is now a divide between the club and its supporters.
again..

last year, the keeping quiet thing was a master stroke. this year its a ******* unmitigated disaster

Solidarity, Crow Brothers.

We went through similar sh*t during the "party drug" years. You'll get through it. The silver lining to the situation you are in now is that fingers will be pointed inside the club, and you'll turn over staff and bring in some fresh perspectives.

You'll come good in a couple of years. Port, however, will continue to be flogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back