So, nobody wants to discuss the real Kobe...

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Ahh fk it, I’ll do your search for you Arcanefontaine

Kobe’s full statement is there. He concedes that from his victim’s position the sexual encounter was not consensual.

That is the very definition of rape.

But yeah, great guy.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
You truly are an idiot. The truth huh I’ve already referred you to the Wikipedia page but I don’t think you cared to read it or believe it you know you’ll believe whatever it is that you want and if it’s the truth that you speak of then why was there no actual conviction? Why was there a refusal to testify? It’s not open and shut if it was I’d more than likely agree with you but it isn’t and there are two side to every coin. You would be a shitty detective.

Kobe’s defence team, funded by millions of dollars launched the mother of all smear campaigns. Legally she was outmatched, refused to testify and the judge kicked it out.

Then he settled civilly.

Tell me Columbo, if he was not guilty why would Kobe pay this woman off and then concede he raped her?

He was a great basketball player and apparently a stand-up, all-round good guy.

Apparently...
I don't really follow the NBA, so I'll just take your word for it, if that's how you feel about him.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
You truly are an idiot. The truth huh I’ve already referred you to the Wikipedia page but I don’t think you cared to read it or believe it you know you’ll believe whatever it is that you want and if it’s the truth that you speak of then why was there no actual conviction? Why was there a refusal to testify? It’s not open and shut if it was I’d more than likely agree with you but it isn’t and there are two side to every coin. You would be a shitty detective.

Oh and Wikipedia as your “evidence?”

I don’t know whether to laugh at you or pity you.

Read the full statement from Kobe Bryant which I have presented for you and tell me that he didn’t rape this woman.

chickentendies

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Mar 26, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Kobe Bryant was a brilliant basketballer with an incredible work ethic who did a stupid amount of work assisting disenfranchised black youth in really shitty situations. He's a role model for many and deservedly so.

Its highly likely he's also a rapist.

A person can be two things at once. However the people who feel the urge to have the great moral debate at this point of time (why not any earlier? Why not any later?) are posturing for having the most woke points.

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There’s a reason why rape is frowned upon by even the most hardened criminals. Dispicable act. It’s amazing what people are prepared to overlook because Kobe was good at a sport they like.

The rape was awful but the milking of his contract in that he actually made his team s**t in order to be paid the full contract when he was basically cooked would be frowned upon in AFL land.

Imagine Buddy after his 10 year deal expires had an option that if he played the 10th year and kicked 45 goals, he’d get an automatic 2 year extension on $2.5m a season.

He is one of the most selfish sportspeople ever.

He was a selfish champion rapist.

Sep 21, 2008
docklands
AFL Club
Geelong
#metoo :rolleyes: ...not the right time for this but its the bay so maybe the right place.

RIP to all those that died in the crash.
I know. Kobe had so much more to give and was in top of his game in life by watching as a basketball fan.
His 13 year daughter was definitely going to make WNBA. Terrible sad.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I would, however, like to discuss this

Discuss away. I have issues with anybody who commits sexual assault.

You see, I understand that being a good sporting dude doesn’t automatically make you worthy of sainthood.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Kobe Bryant was a brilliant basketballer with an incredible work ethic who did a stupid amount of work assisting disenfranchised black youth in really shitty situations. He's a role model for many and deservedly so.

Its highly likely he's also a rapist.

A person can be two things at once. However the people who feel the urge to have the great moral debate at this point of time (why not any earlier? Why not any later?) are posturing for having the most woke points.

Oh I have debated this with people who are Kobe fans (I am a Lakers fan myself) for years.

But it seems that with his demise comes the automatic purge of a most despicable act.

The man was a self-confessed rapist, not a hero.

Arcanefontaine

Cancelled
Jan 1, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’m not a basketball fan or even a Kobe fan nor did I ever once admit he did or didn’t nor am I truly defending him. I’m simply presenting another side. She didn’t deserve what happened to her in any context and from her statement she could’ve done more to avoid or prevent the situation they both could have, She allowed him to kiss her and she claimed she didn’t try as hard as she could to get away and there are claims that she was no saint either which raises questions. It’s still no excuse for the actions that unfolded it never is when there is adultery, rape or assault involved but one can’t judge the entire character of someone without knowing the entire story.

Kobe was truly an arsehole when he was younger there is no denying that but to hold up his darkest moment over all the other things he has done good especially after a tragedy is what I have a problem with and is the point I’m trying to make.

Something I also have a issue with is the others that are overshadowed that were on board because of magnitude of Kobe’s fame but that is the reality of it.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Imagine using the death of someone as trolling bait

bottom feeder

Yeah, whatevs.

He was good at shooting a basketball.

There’s no reason to canonise him though. Plenty of people who were rubbish people die and I am sure you have wondered why they were celebrated.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
But plenty on BF happy to tell you what a great guy he was.

I certainly think he was a great player.

But you know, you read stuff that gets forgotten at times like this.
Doesn't take long does it, another me too rainbow greeny white ant warrior to crawl out of the woodwork.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I’m not a basketball fan or even a Kobe fan nor did I ever once admit he did or didn’t nor am I truly defending him. I’m simply presenting another side. She didn’t deserve what happened to her in any context and from her statement she could’ve done more to avoid or prevent the situation they both could have, She allowed him to kiss her and she claimed she didn’t try as hard as she could to get away and there are claims that she was no saint either which raises questions. It’s still no excuse for the actions that unfolded it never is when there is adultery, rape or assault involved but one can’t judge the entire character of someone without knowing the entire story.

Kobe was truly an arsehole when he was younger there is no denying that but to hold up his darkest moment over all the other things he has done good especially after a tragedy is what I have a problem with and is the point I’m trying to make.

Something I also have a issue with is the others that are overshadowed that were on board because of magnitude of Kobe’s fame but that is the reality of it.

Fair enough.👍

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Doesn't take long does it, another me too rainbow greeny white ant warrior to crawl out of the woodwork.

Better that than hold up a non-hero to be a hero.

The outpouring of nonsense from people who are little more than casual basketball watchers is truly pathetic.

Most of them didn’t even know of his dubious past.

Crabapplepittard

Cancelled
Jul 10, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Better that than hold up a non-hero to be a hero.

The outpouring of nonsense from people who are little more than casual basketball watchers is truly pathetic.

Most of them didn’t even know of his dubious past.
But thankfully, you are here to expose it. Congratulations mate you’ve done us all proud. I also really enjoy it when a 41 year old and and his 13 year old daughter dies. You and me are ******* heroes. Where the * are the mods on this board. You are ******* scum mate The Cryptkeeper what a ******* piece of s**t you are.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
But thankfully, you are here to expose it. Congratulations mate you’ve done us all proud. I also really enjoy it when a 41 year old and and his 13 year old daughter dies. You and me are ******* heroes. Where the fu** are the mods on this board. You are ******* scum mate The Cryptkeeper what a ******* piece of s**t you are.

Thanks for your words of encouragement friend.

Just as an FYI, the ignorant rapist circle jerk is in another thread but this is Bay 13 where home truths can be discussed without having to worry about the delicate flowers who are easily offended.

The guy raped women but if you want to disregard that then you need to ask yourself who the piece of s**t really is.

Back