So the new rules for 2020 are:

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Playing in front of no crowds
2. Quarters reduced by 4 minutes
3. Season reduced to 17 games.

Back us for the flag, finally some rule changes that will benefit us

I get the feeling history will regard as whoever wins the flag (Should we even make it that far into the season) will forever be regarded as a tainted flag win.

Yeh, well I'll take that tainted flag all the same thank you.

I get the feeling history will regard as whoever wins the flag (Should we even make it that far into the season) will forever be regarded as a tainted flag win.

Only if
1) The Grand Final is played before an empty stadium
2) If the season is shortened any further than it already has.
3) Someone other than North wins

Bullshit. With all the background noise this could be spun into a 'Remember the Titans' type story.

With the world falling down around them, one team, against all the odds, rose up and triumphed in the face of adversity!

"You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played North Melbourne!" - Coach Shaw

Bullshit. With all the background noise this could be spun into a 'Remember the Titans' type story.

With the world falling down around them, one team, against all the odds, rose up and triumphed in the face of adversity!

"You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played North Melbourne!" - Coach Shaw

You're back brother.

1aobs0wlcbncs10245nnjzdl9g.jpg

Let's get special dispensation to list Ben Lennon (above) under the SPP and take this club back to where it belongs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me, it wouldn’t be tainted. Same rules for everybody. Winner of the GF takes the chocolates. If anything, it should be seen as “unique”, rather than tainted. It will likely be all moot because they’ll have to pull the plug soon enough. The best the AFL can realistically hope for is to complete the AFLW.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

fitzroy once won the flag from last place in a 4 team season. footy persisted through both world wars and no one's ever tried to take those flags away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back