So the poor old coalition is suffering a witch hunt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
over the citizenship issue.

I thought it might be fun to list the people and groups who will not be sad over this in fact may be doing a little collective fist pump

I'll kick off

Bill Shorten (who suffered a little witch hunt of the same issue a little while back from good old tony Abbott - surely not that would have been hypocritical squared)

Bill shortens lawyer

Building unions

Just thinking about it Josh could easily have turned this into a PR win. It would have been so easy to sympathise with his situation (unlike Joyce, Nash and Roberts) and he has no chance of losing his seat at a by-election.

But he and Turnbull have kind of ruined that with their petulant attitude

Think of the warm and fuzzy ABC/SBS doco's he could have been apart of with him and mum travelling back to Hungary. He could have turned this into a story of reconciliation and forgiveness.

Given that anyone who gets Commonwealth money & is not entitled, due to either a mistake or being not eligible, then what about all these 'illegal' members of our Parliament?
When does Barnaby, for instance, pay it all back, plus the cost of the bi-election he caused?? Senator Parry tried to ignore his position & knew full well he was taking money ($6k a week) under false pretences. How deliberate was that!!!!
When does the law apply to politicians in equal measure to the rest of society??

How many other people who are openly breaking the law get a nice grace period before they're required to do anything about it? There's now a reasonable case to be argued that this government is actually illegitimate and that Turnbull is running a protection racket for MPs who shouldn't be there.

How many other people who are openly breaking the law get a nice grace period before they're required to do anything about it? There's now a reasonable case to be argued that this government is actually illegitimate and that Turnbull is running a protection racket for MPs who shouldn't be there.
maybe the ROC should investigate

I
Just thinking about it Josh could easily have turned this into a PR win. It would have been so easy to sympathise with his situation (unlike Joyce, Nash and Roberts) and he has no chance of losing his seat at a by-election.

But he and Turnbull have kind of ruined that with their petulant attitude

Think of the warm and fuzzy ABC/SBS doco's he could have been apart of with him and mum travelling back to Hungary. He could have turned this into a story of reconciliation and forgiveness.
I would keep well clear of Dutton if I were Frydenburg....could end up in offshore detention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back