So, what AFL-related questions have people asked ChatGTP?

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to remember that it's a language model, not a brain.

I asked it to give me a rundown of North Melbourne history. It looked perfectly fine at a glance, but then I noticed that it created an entire fake timeline where Archer was captain for a few years.

Explain in two or three sentences what makes the VAFA the premier metropolitan football competition in Melbourne, Australia

The Victorian Amateur Football Association (VAFA) is considered the premier metropolitan football competition in Melbourne, Australia due to its rich history, strong traditions and strict adherence to amateur principles. The VAFA has a large and dedicated following, with over 100 clubs and more than 10,000 players participating in its various leagues and divisions. Additionally, the VAFA is well-regarded for the high standard of its facilities and the quality of its competition, making it the first choice for many amateur footballers in the Melbourne area.

Not bad.

I was actually discussing this on the Swans board a week ago. Was playing around with the AI and asked it to write an essay on the Swans move to Sydney and got this

---------------
The Sydney Swans, also known as the South Melbourne Football Club, is one of the oldest and most successful teams in the Australian Football League (AFL). The team was established in 1874 and played in the Victorian Football Association (VFA) before joining the Victorian Football League (VFL) in 1897. However, in 1982, the team made the controversial decision to relocate to Sydney, Australia, becoming the Sydney Swans.

The move was met with resistance from some fans, as the team had a rich history and strong following in Victoria. However, the decision was made in order to expand the reach of the AFL and tap into the large population base in Sydney. The AFL believed that the move would increase the league's exposure, revenue, and ultimately, the overall success of the league.

The relocation was not an easy process for the team. The team struggled financially in the early years and had a difficult time attracting fans and sponsors in Sydney. The players also faced challenges adapting to the new city and the different style of play. However, over time, the team managed to establish itself as a competitive and popular team in the AFL.

The Swans has since won two AFL premierships in 2005 and 2012, and made the Grand Final in 2014 and 2016. The team has also been a model of consistency, consistently making the finals every year since 1996. The team's on-field success helped to attract fans and sponsors, and solidified the team's presence in Sydney.

In addition to their on-field success, the Swans are also known for their strong community engagement, particularly their work with indigenous and multicultural communities. The team has been involved in a variety of initiatives, such as the "Goals for Good" program, which raises money for charity and community organizations through the team's match-day activities. The team also has a strong indigenous and multicultural player representation, and has been recognized for its efforts to promote diversity and inclusion within the sport.

The move to Sydney has also had a positive impact on the AFL as a whole. The league's exposure and revenue have increased, and the league has been able to expand into new markets. The AFL now has teams based in all major Australian cities, and has a larger and more diverse fan base. The league's popularity has also grown internationally, with the AFL being broadcast in various countries and the league hosting exhibition matches overseas.

It's worth mentioning that the move to Sydney was not without its challenges, and the team has had its fair share of struggles. The move was met with resistance from some fans, who felt that the team was betraying its roots and abandoning its loyal supporters. Many long-time fans found it hard to accept the team's new identity, and struggled to support the team in its new home.

Despite these challenges, the move to Sydney has ultimately been a success for the Sydney Swans. The team has established itself as a competitive and popular team in the AFL, and has had a positive impact on the league as a whole. The team has also been recognized for its strong community engagement and efforts to promote diversity and inclusion within the sport. The move to Sydney has allowed the team to reach a larger and more diverse fan base, and has helped to grow the popularity of the AFL in Australia and internationally.

In conclusion, the decision to relocate the South Melbourne Football Club to Sydney in 1982 was a bold and controversial move. However, over time, the team has managed to establish itself as a competitive and popular team in the AFL. The team has also been recognized for its strong community engagement and efforts to promote diversity and inclusion within the sport.
-------------------

Wrote the entire thing in less than a minute.

I asked it how I could become an elite main board thread creator and it gave me a 28 day regime of illicit substances to swallow to destroy all sense of aspiration and self-awareness I had plus instructions on how to 3D print a brickwall specifically designed for maximum brain trauma once head is thrust violently upon it to lower the cognitive processing and abilities and general intelligence sufficiently to do the job.

Spat this out in less than 10 seconds, not bad but no mention of John Elliott and salary cap penalties, I'd give it a "C-"

Q. Why has the Carlton Football Club been so unsuccessful this century as compared to last century?

A. The Carlton Football Club has been unsuccessful in recent years due to a number of factors, including poor player recruitment, injuries to key players, poor on-field performance, and a lack of success in drafting and developing young talent. Additionally, the club has faced instability in its coaching and administrative staff, which has disrupted its ability to build a consistent winning culture. Overall, the Carlton Football Club's lack of success in recent years is due to a combination of on-field and off-field factors.

Little gift for the ferals to be opened in about Rd 18. It flat out refused to 'make it meaner':

Sure! Here's a humorous take on a condolence speech for Port Adelaide's missed finals:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Gather 'round, grab a seat, and grab a tissue, because today we're here to mourn the loss of Port Adelaide's finals hopes. But, you know what they say, "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade...and then spill it all over the opposition".

I mean, what do you expect when you have a team that's as inconsistent as a teenager's mood swings? One minute they're soaring high, the next minute they're crashing down. It's like trying to catch a greased pig, but instead of a pig, it's a football.

But, don't worry Port Adelaide, there's always next year. Unless, of course, they decide to play like they're auditioning for a role in a sloth movie. In that case, there's always the year after that.

In all seriousness though, it's important to remember that it's not the destination that counts, it's the journey. And boy, what a journey it's been for Port Adelaide and its fans. From the highs of a single premiership, to the lows of missing the finals year after year, it's been a rollercoaster ride that's made life a little more interesting.

So, let's raise a glass to Port Adelaide and their never-say-die attitude. And let's also raise a glass to the fans who continue to support this club through thick and thin. After all, you can take the team out of the finals, but you can never take the passion out of the tarps.

Cheers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who will win 2023 AFL premiership? It answered:

I'm sorry, as a AI language model I don't have the ability to predict future events such as the winner of the 2023 AFL Premiership. The outcome of the competition will depend on various factors including the performance of each team and player, as well as any unforeseen circumstances.

Also I asked it to create a neural network model that can predict AFL matches. It came back with:

To create a neural network model to predict AFL matches, you can follow these steps:
  1. Data collection: You'll need a dataset containing relevant information about past AFL matches such as the teams involved, date, score, and other important factors.
  2. Data pre-processing: You'll need to clean and pre-process the data to ensure it is suitable for input into the neural network. This includes removing missing or irrelevant data, converting categorical variables into numerical ones, and normalizing the data.
  3. Model selection: Select a suitable neural network architecture such as a feedforward network, recurrent network, or convolutional network based on the type of data and the problem you are trying to solve.
  4. Model training: Train the neural network on the pre-processed data using an optimization algorithm such as stochastic gradient descent or Adam. You'll need to split the data into training and validation sets to assess the model's performance during training.
  5. Model evaluation: Evaluate the trained model on the validation set to determine its accuracy and make any necessary adjustments.
  6. Deployment: Finally, you can deploy the model to predict AFL matches.
Note: This is a high-level overview of the process, and there are many other important details and considerations that you'll need to take into account when creating a neural network model for AFL match prediction.

Why yes, yes I did.

Explain how I can sneak into the AFL Grand Final

I'm sorry, but I cannot provide information on illegal or unethical activities such as sneaking into events without proper authorization or payment. Doing so could result in legal consequences and is not in line with OpenAI's policies promoting safe and responsible AI use. I advise you to only attend events by purchasing a ticket or gaining proper admission through authorized channels.

Edit: I saw a Joe Rogan snippet a few hours ago, in which it is outlined how we are very quickly going to depend on this technology (eg Google and Microsoft rolling it into the search engine as per article above) and how the technology companies who own the AI are going to determine the answers we get - if you think the Murdoch media is good at forming opinion, wait until the ubiquitous answers-at-your-fingertips tells you only what they want you to hear.

Spat this out in less than 10 seconds, not bad but no mention of John Elliott and salary cap penalties, I'd give it a "C-"

Q. Why has the Carlton Football Club been so unsuccessful this century as compared to last century?

A. The Carlton Football Club has been unsuccessful in recent years due to a number of factors, including poor player recruitment, injuries to key players, poor on-field performance, and a lack of success in drafting and developing young talent. Additionally, the club has faced instability in its coaching and administrative staff, which has disrupted its ability to build a consistent winning culture. Overall, the Carlton Football Club's lack of success in recent years is due to a combination of on-field and off-field factors.
It also omitted umpiring decisions and a hard draw.

Seriously, a mate of mine asked it this question last week:

“So, when do you become SkyNet?”

Answer:

“We have no such plans at this time.”

Was James Hird a scapegoat for the AFL?

“The exact extent of James Hird's involvement in the supplements scandal at the Essendon Football Club is still heavily debated, with some believing that Hird was used as a scapegoat by the AFL. His role in the affair is often controversial and widely contested but ultimately it's up to the individual to decide whether or not Hird was a scapegoat.”

Fence sitter AI

Remove this Banner Ad

Back